How dyslexic is Mika? (want to send letters)

miori-mary

Mika would seem to be what teachers call an auditory learner. That is, he learns best using his sense of hearing (hey I am surmising here!:naughty: ) hence he can play music by ear, sing in tune, has a very good ear for languages (and I am a linguist too so I know one when I see one!!); also, his accent changes according to what he is hearing, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is a good mimic/impersonator too.

(go on Mika, do us a Jimmy Saville.....:das: ) And of course he is extremely articulate.

Having said that his visual side would seem to be strong too.

He is endlessly fascinating...............:bleh:

wanna hear him mimic mickey mouse and tasmanian devil?

http://foxfm.com.au/music/artist_audiovideo/interviews/national/mika_on_the_hot31

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wanna hear him mimic mickey mouse and tasmanian devil?

http://foxfm.com.au/music/artist_audiovideo/interviews/national/mika_on_the_hot31

:roftl: :roftl: Thanks for that link Caz, I can't believe I missed that one, classic stuff.

The Sexy Radio Voice...:blink::blush-anim-cl:

Not sure I can cope with Mika talking about testicles though:blink: :naughty:

Anyway, I'm straying off-topic, better head back to the Pervo thread:bleh:

:roftl: :roftl: Thanks for that link Caz, I can't believe I missed that one, classic stuff.

The Sexy Radio Voice...:blink::blush-anim-cl:

Not sure I can cope with Mika talking about testicles though:blink: :naughty:

Anyway, I'm straying off-topic, better head back to the Pervo thread:bleh:

LOL what can i say? Mika is just amazing ^_^

...and I wouldn't be surprised if he is a good mimic/impersonator too.

(go on Mika, do us a Jimmy Saville.....:das: ) And of course he is extremely articulate.

I remember the little sound game he did with the audience during the Birmingham gig in May. That was a nice one, hope someone recorded it and put it on YouTube. :biggrin2:

Well, he lived in the countries whose language he knows. Personally, I've found as a child it was easiest to learn the language through watching cartoons. You only learn by reading when you learn in a classroom. You don't learn your first language by reading after all!

--Jack

That's true but Mika is exceptionally articulate - moreso than the average person I'd say.

That's true but Mika is exceptionally articulate - moreso than the average person I'd say.

I could sit and listen to him all day long, just speaking, about anything!:naughty: He has that way with words that is quite rare and what's more he isn't arrogant or pedantic with it. It's a gift. It's what makes him a cut above your average celeb!

Moreso than the average celebrity, true. :cool: I really love that about him.

To be honest though, he basically sounds like any of my friends...

All of whom I love and respect, mind, and who are quite articulate themselves!

--Jack

Moreso than the average celebrity, true. :cool: I really love that about him.

To be honest though, he basically sounds like any of my friends...

All of whom I love and respect, mind, and who are quite articulate themselves!

--Jack

Yes I see your point completely about the friend thing and I agree with you!

It's his ability to 'come across' in interviews or at shows or in person (lucky people) sounding like a friend talking to you when he isn't our friend at all in reality, and yet we feel he is. That's not something everyone can do. Many celebs etc sound very forced and stilted and mannered when speaking to journos or press or whoever and it's hard to relate to them. Not so with Mika.

omg I'm really warbling on about him today, I'm just having a really bad Love Mika day (moreso than usual, you know what I mean:naughty:)

I'm shutting up now.:mf_rosetinted:

:-) No no no, I don't mean I think he's talking to me like a friend in interviews--I mean, he's about the same, being articulate-wise, as my friends. Because when I first listened to him I also thought, "wow, he's a sophisticated speaker, he's so much more articulate than most popstars," and that's very much true, but then I realized that most of my friends would probably speak with the same level of sophistication.

By which I guess I mean, "my friends are smarter than most popstars, and so is Mika." Good for him!

--Jack

:-) No no no, I don't mean I think he's talking to me like a friend in interviews--I mean, he's about the same, being articulate-wise, as my friends. Because when I first listened to him I also thought, "wow, he's a sophisticated speaker, he's so much more articulate than most popstars," and that's very much true, but then I realized that most of my friends would probably speak with the same level of sophistication.

By which I guess I mean, "my friends are smarter than most popstars, and so is Mika." Good for him!

--Jack

I did get your meaning :biggrin2: I was just using the speaking-like-a-friend-in-interviews thing as an example of his articulate-ness (??:blink::naughty: what kind of made up word is that? Mika , help!! :naughty: ).

Perhaps we are doing all those other lesser popstars a disservice here..but then again maybe not!:naughty:

With Mika, it appears he remembers everyone and everything said to him, he gives you his full attention when he speaks to you, listens to everything. (Someone once said this is Bill Clinton-esque!!:shocked::biggrin2: ) I think this is one of the skills Mika must have developed to make up for the problems with reading and writing....good auditory skills take some of the stress away.

Not that I have met him, only judging from reports.

Miori-mary, I can't keep up with Mixi threads right now, they have become too copious, MFC keeps me busy enough at it is!! (It is 2am and I am still catching up!)

From my experiences i'd say that dyslexic people can do anything that everyone else can but with modifications and a little more time then others(spell check is really handy). the only reason why i wouldn't be able to do something because of my dyslexia is because i'd get frustrated or embraced or decide it's not worth so much concentration and give up.

i can read music and tell time if i have a while to do it, so usually i don't bother with it. But i'm just as articulate and intellectual as anyone else and it's most certain that Mika is as well.

i'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with reading things.

the worst thing is every once in a while i put my shoes on the wrong feet.:doh:

I love Mika's interviews. First I heard GK and fell in love with him, then saw him singing and thought he was to kill for, and then the interviews - he's a wonderful speaker with a great personality!

His accent changes quite a bit even during a single interview. I remember he said that he confuses people with his accent and tries to stable it. In the past few years, I've been working with people from all over the world and with various accents. I find it sneaks into my speach, giving me a very strange British sound from time to time...

wow. in that case i am dyslexic LMAO

Inability to concentrate? well, i CAN concentrate...if it's something I like doing...but a lot of the time I get bored VERY easily and I am always daydreaming. Even when I'm having a conversation with someone I'm hardly ever paying full attention.

numbers? I'm crap with number. I CAN do maths...well...i know HOW to work things out (sometimes lol) but there's one thing i cant do: division. i cant get my head around it. If it's like...49 divided by 7 i can do it, its easy (7 lol) but thats coz its times tables. if you gave a really long division id take one look at it and go "sorry, no can do."

My memory is appalling. My short term memory anyway. I can forget things in five seconds.

well, if someone TELLS me to remember, i will forget, if its something i usually tell myself then i can remember it most of the time.

I even do the simplest of things in the most complicated way possible. Not out of choice lol! i dont mean to! I often get myself in a right little pickle.

Also, i sing, dance, act and draw and have been doing so since a very young age.

BUT, I'm very good at english lol. I have neat handwriting (when i can be bothered) and have always been able to read long words ever since i was a little girl.

Well actually...when i was little, it was the short words i got confused with. I remember, at the age of five I knew the difference between "cloths" and "clothes", but I couldn't read the word "up". strange, i know, but i really couldnt get my head around it. i was reading a book to my mother and i started crying because i was so stressed i couldnt read it.

hmmm...any opinions there guys? am i dyslexic?

Maybe you have ADD.