Attention! Important Info Re: Mika's Exhibition:

Sara

Hi All!!!!!

Looks like it's bad news for anyone hoping to see Mika!

I have just contacted the gallery and spoken to someone who said that Mika will possibly be there for the opening, where there will be a private party (with Island Records etc,) on the 11th. IT IS NOT, REPEAT, NOT open to the public!!!!

He said that the exhibition will be open to the public from the 12th of July.

I must add, that this is still to be confirmed but this is the information we have at the moment.

Sara ;+)xxx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All!!!!!

I have just contacted the gallery and spoken to someone who said that Mika will possibly be there for the opening, where there will be a private party (with Island Records etc,) on the 11th. IT IS NOT, REPEAT, NOT open to the public!!!!

I must add, that this is still to be confirmed but this is the information we have at the moment.

Sara ;+)xxx

Oh well, he probably had a suspicion that alot of MFCers would attend on the 11th and got a teensy weensy bit scared/petrified and thus made it a private party only....

Oh well, he probably had a suspicion that alot of MFCers would attend on the 11th and got a teensy weensy bit scared/petrified and thus made it a private party only....

I don't think so. There is always a private party in these things before it opens to the public. If Mika was involved in telling us, it's only because he was being considerate and figured that some of his fans (MFCers) would want to go the first day... But then, he realized they couldn't. So rather than let them come and be forbidden to enter, he tells us. :-)

im confused.

so. there is no open day on the 11th?

we can only go on the 12th, 13th and 14th? i know Perez is going...so does that mean he's also attending the private party and JUST the private party? gah - Perez, answer us!

ah shucks.. but they should say then it's opened from 12-14 instead then.. not evverrryones gonna be reading this thread, and u know whats wrong with just staying outside and waiting for everyone to come out so we can frighten them hehe :naughty:

Hi All!!!!!

Sara ;+)xxx

the private party might be AFTERWARDS though! I mean, mika had a private party after the shepherds bush gig. just because its a private party doesnt mean to say seeing the exhibition is private too...heck the actual concert wasnt private lol we both know that, we both went! :D

gah. still confuzzled tho!

the private party might be AFTERWARDS though! I mean, mika had a private party after the shepherds bush gig. just because its a private party doesnt mean to say seeing the exhibition is private too...heck the actual concert wasnt private lol we both know that, we both went! :D

well... if we're lucky first ones there get to go to the party :naughty: hehe, oh i wish.. but u'll never know til u get there, i'm still going on the 11th unless there's a big sign on mikasounds saying PUBLIC CAN ONLY GO TO THE EXHIBITION FROM THE 12TH!

Caroline, this is what i've just been told by the gallery.

The party is NOT afterwards, it's on the 11th, and is is NOT open to the public.

Caroline, this is what i've just been told by the gallery.

The party is NOT afterwards, it's on the 11th, and is is NOT open to the public.

hmm maybe some other people should call too? just so we can see if we get like the same response, cos sometimes people don't actually know the real info.. but anyway we still got a month and hopefully they will make it clearer by then

hmm maybe some other people should call too? just so we can see if we get like the same response, cos sometimes people don't actually know the real info.. but anyway we still got a month and hopefully they will make it clearer by then

Yes, well i did say aswell that it is still TBC.

Feel free to phone up but i'm sure they'd say the same thing.

that's what i thought firstly.

i'm sorry for those of you who wanted to gi the v first day..btw you could wait for him outside the gallery!:bleh:

that's what i thought firstly.

i'm sorry for those of you who wanted to gi the v first day..btw you could wait for him outside the gallery!:bleh:

we could, but if there really is a private party we dont know when it starts or when it finishes :(

anyways ive pm'd AND emailed Perez, since i dont know if he'll check here or his email first. hopefully i'll have a reply later today/tomorrow.

we could, but if there really is a private party we dont know when it starts or when it finishes :(

anyways ive pm'd AND emailed Perez, since i dont know if he'll check here or his email first. hopefully i'll have a reply later today/tomorrow.

and make sure to keep us informed :D

:shocked:

I think the best thing we can do is keep checking Mika Sounds....I find it strange that it says the 11th if it's not... surely they will realise that people will be going on that day....but then why would the gallery say something different? Unless they don't want to be bombarded with loads of mad Mika fans on the 11th.....

I'm still going to go - I've booked the day off work so, worst case scenario, I get a nice day out in London with my other half :biggrin2:

:shocked:

I think the best thing we can do is keep checking Mika Sounds....I find it strange that it says the 11th if it's not... surely they will realise that people will be going on that day....but then why would the gallery say something different? Unless they don't want to be bombarded with loads of mad Mika fans on the 11th.....

I'm still going to go - I've booked the day off work so, worst case scenario, I get a nice day out in London with my other half :biggrin2:

Yeah, i wondered that for a minute. :blink:

Good for you! Hope you have a lovely day whatever happens. :thumb_yello:

I don't think so. There is always a private party in these things before it opens to the public. If Mika was involved in telling us, it's only because he was being considerate and figured that some of his fans (MFCers) would want to go the first day... But then, he realized they couldn't. So rather than let them come and be forbidden to enter, he tells us. :-)

HE doesn't tell us, Sara calls the Gallery and THEY tell her :naughty:

Anyway, i put the info in the Exhibition thread... Thank you Sara for being so inspired and calling them !! :thumb_yello:

ah shucks.. but they should say then it's opened from 12-14 instead then.. not evverrryones gonna be reading this thread, and u know whats wrong with just staying outside and waiting for everyone to come out so we can frighten them hehe :naughty:

Exactly, some of us have already booked the 11th off. I didn't expect to see Mika anyway. Now don't know if I should try to change my day of or not. :sneaky2:

Am so pleased I can't go now!

Altho would like to have seen his art anyway but suppose just have to put up with Russell Brand instead

xx

I love Russell Brand, when are you seeing him?