MFC promoters of Mika - thread for untoured and developing countries

B!anka

YES YES YES!!! You understood the idea well:wink2:

There is no particular support neded in Canada.. we are basically trying to improve media coverage and make sure more info is circulating about him in general in these countries...

Oh no... he needs publicity in other parts of Canada like in the center where he gets almost no radio airplays and even in a big city like Toronto he played a quite small venue last time.

In Canada we're a bit like the US, except for my province and maybe Toronto and Vancouver...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, I feel like I'm making a mistake for dividing Florida from USA...I mean I put you for Florida and Lucy for USA...but I guess it's fine, right?

Well I guess you can divide us up by states to build up the awareness by parts. Where in USA is Lucy from ? ITs okay though Florida is pretty big itself :roftl:

I thinks it's a great idea for places he isn't well known...

Personally, I won't do anything in Montréal... he's to well known. Last time he played here was in front of almost 11,000 ppl... I don't want him to play the Olympic stadium next time :blink:

Ok that's not true, I'll promote the next album by requesting songs on radio station but I don't think he needs more than that :wink2:

Ok, added you to the list, then from your conversation with suzie, I understood that the promotion in Canada would be pointless as long as he has a lot of fans there, so I've taken you out from the list.:blush-anim-cl:

EDIT: SHALL I PUT YOU BACK?

Let's develop startegies, MFC'ers!

This is a thread for the MFC'ers who care about how Mika is heard and seen in their countries. Countries where Mika wouldn't come to do promo for obvious reasons.

A little story about how this thread appreared:

In the "Twitter updates" thread Blue Sky showed us a link where Sou, our dear MFCer talked to a Kuweit radio station about Mika. Suzie, world representative for Hungary agreed that this is a great idea for hard-core MFC'ers from smaller countries to step-up and talk to the media about Mika.

I then thought this is a BRILLIANT idea and created the thread.

So, world representatives and not only, care to join our small army of fans who help Mika out in heading to stardom?

All you have to do is send an email or anything to a radio station telling them about what Mika is up to in the following months!

I'll start a list with the ones who care to take part and call ourselves "MFC promoters of Mika"

I suppose it'll be fair to make Sou the #1 MFC promoter of Mika because she's the "fire starter", I'll then make Suzie the second one, and last but surely not least, Vanessa the third one because she's the world representative for my country and it wouldn't be fair for me to take over her important role. I'll just be her ally(#3.1).Who else wants to do something about this and take part to our strategy development, let me know and I'll add you to the list. (Mention the country you're doing it for!)

The MFC promoters of Mika list:

For KUWEIT:

Sou

For HUNGARY:

suzie (world representative)

For ROMANIA:

vanessa (world representative)

B!anka

For DENMARK:

Dark Angel

For ITALY:

Gracekelly85

For FLORIDA:

Greyceli

For USA:

Lucy

PLEASE POST YOUR INITIATIVES AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BECAUSE YOUR WORK WILL BE SURELY APPRECIATED AS IT DESERVES!!!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

I thought Florida was part of the USA, country wise? :bleh::roftl:

wiiii I want to participate:biggrin2:, would be to Mexico, because here not to know much mika:shocked:

Could body shall here with another girl her name is maryana Lui is your Username:teehee:

:wink2:

Ok, got your message on my board aswell, but yo no habla espagnol, sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

You're in for Mexico, but tell the other girl to let me know personally that she wants to do something about it and PLEASE POST ALL THE DETAILS about what you really are doing about it! We are not doing this for the sake of doing it!:wink2:

Well I guess you can divide us up by states to build up the awareness by parts. Where in USA is Lucy from ? ITs okay though Florida is pretty big itself :roftl:

I am in New Jersey which is like New York because we get the same radio stations. I guess you get do the List for the USA and then divide us by state?

for instance:

USA:

HollyD-Florida

Lucy-New Jersey and so on.

Ok, added you to the list, then from your conversation with suzie, I understood that the promotion in Canada would be pointless as long as he has a lot of fans there, so I've taken you out from the list.:blush-anim-cl:

EDIT: SHALL I PUT YOU BACK?

It would be better is someone from an other part of Canada was doing it. Montreal is well covered by regular media :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I'll edit that!:thumb_yello::roftl:

Sorry, it was a bit of a joke, as I saw the other posts after I put mine in, don't worry- Just being silly really :roftl:. But it can get a bit confusing I guess, so probably best to separate by state inside the USA category I guess? Seeing as it's such a huge conglomeration of states?

Ok, got your message on my board aswell, but yo no habla espagnol, sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

You're in for Mexico, but tell the other girl to let me know personally that she wants to do something about it and PLEASE POST ALL THE DETAILS about what you really are doing about it! We are not doing this for the sake of doing it!:wink2:

ok:wink2: i´m sorry for the Message :blush-anim-cl:

wiiii I want to participate:biggrin2:, would be to Mexico, because here not to know much mika:shocked:

Could body shall here with another girl her name is maryana Lui is your Username:teehee:

Hey I speak Spanish in case you need help, ok:thumb_yello:

ok:wink2: i´m sorry for the Message :blush-anim-cl:

DON't APOLOGISE!!! It was a bit of a surprise for me too, maybe my name made you think I speak spanish, right? :biggrin2:

You're on the list!

So, Lui is her username? or maryana Lui? (post a link to her user profile, please :biggrin2: )

Sorry, it was a bit of a joke, as I saw the other posts after I put mine in, don't worry- Just being silly really :roftl:. But it can get a bit confusing I guess, so probably best to separate by state inside the USA category I guess? Seeing as it's such a huge conglomeration of states?

I know you were joking, but it was a good point. Sort it out now!:thumb_yello:

DON't APOLOGISE!!! It was a bit of a surprise for me too, maybe my name made you think I speak spanish, right? :biggrin2:

You're on the list!

So, Lui is her username? or maryana Lui? (post a link to her user profile, please :biggrin2: )

ok the username of my friend is Lui, :biggrin2:

Now it is not connected I do not think that Parliament refuses

my username is mikalollipop_karla

This is a fantasic idea.:thumb_yello:

Have you spoken to Lena in Russia, I'm sure she would be happy to participate.

Nope! not yet but that's where I'm heading to now! Thanks for letting me know, Rose!:thumb_yello:

EDIT: done! She's now received my message!

I for a long time had such idea)). I wished to write to all Russian newspapers about Mika). Some times I called on radio station. To me was insulting to hear from them that Mika has only one "Relax". They stupidly consider that it so.

Basically, it that I wished to do. Though it frightened me, I have got used to go down stream.)). But now this current has born me here. I agree agree. I want).

ok the username of my friend is Lui, :biggrin2:

Now it is not connected I do not think that Parliament refuses

my username is mikalollipop_karla

Ok, I'll add her to the list aswell! :blush-anim-cl:

I for a long time had such idea)). I wished to write to all Russian newspapers about Mika). Some times I called on radio station. To me was insulting to hear from them that Mika has only one "Relax". They stupidly consider that it so.

Basically, it that I wished to do. Though it frightened me, I have got used to go down stream.)). But now this current has born me here. I agree agree. I want).

Ok, Lena, welcome aboard then! Thank you for considering it!

Edited by B!anka

What a fantastic idea! I've recorded a segment on him as Artist of the Day at the radio station I'm interning at! I guess that's a huge step towards promoting Mika, and I'm quite excited about it! :)

What a fantastic idea! I've recorded a segment on him as Artist of the Day at the radio station I'm interning at! I guess that's a huge step towards promoting Mika, and I'm quite excited about it! :)

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN! :flowers2:

this is a fantastic idea!! and i'd love to join to this "army":teehee:

here in Uruguay, i could say that Mika is not very known,but i'd love to be the responsable that the Uruguayan people know him!!!!!....

i've made some things before: i wrote to some magazines about Mika and some of them have answered me, telling that they'd write something about him...at this moment, just the most important newpaper has talked about him (and i have to say that is a very very nice article!!!!).....anyway,i think as he's going to release his new album, it's a good opportunity to insist more to the magazines and radio stations!!!

so,i really want to join to the list and be a "MFC promoter of Mika" here in Uruguay.:wub2:

how exactly are you going to be promoting mika? has that been discussed?

I imgine it should not be so complicated , just basically keeping an eye on the media and occasionally providing them with info, requests for songs to be played, correcting them if they publish information that is not correct...

Basically, keeping / bringing Mika in public attention....

In these countries, often radio and stations can partly be 'programmed' by listeners / viewers.. 'Singles charts', for example, are based partly on radio airplay and listeners' voting as there are no singles released.....

Edited by suzie