MFC promoters of Mika - thread for untoured and developing countries

B!anka

I really like the idea of starting this thread, Bianca!:thumb_yello:

I'd like to be added as a promoter of Mika for country SERBIA.

I've been writing emails to various Serbian music magazines (and other) for about year and a half now, asking them to write about him and publish posters &co. Sometimes they did write about him when I asked, sometimes they didn't.

OK! is the magazine where they write about Mika the most among all the others. Actually, they've published my letter to them in the last number!! I'll scan it and post it here as soon as possible, when I get a proper scanner in my mountain house where I am at the moment :naughty:

There's also this Serbian TV channel where you can send SMS messages to a certain number after 10PM asking to play this or that music; so I've sent many many SMSs asking them to play Mika - and of course, they did! I think it's really good that there's a channel like that here where I can demand of them to play Mika's songs, especially because a great number pf people watches that channel. It's a great way to get masses familiar with Mika's music and get them to even, maybe, become his fans.

I must mention that Mika was No.1 in the radio charts with "Lollipop" last summer here and they were playing him quite often! My dad even told me that they played "Love Today" this morning.

Also,I've been spreading the joy of Mika's music in my primary school, and some of my friends got hooked on and are now loving him and his music. One of them is even registered here on the MFC.:wink2:

EDIT*** OMFG BIG GIRL IS BEING PLAYED ON THE RADIO ATM :shocked::boing:

Edited by keti

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To tell you the truth, while it does sound like a good idea first but giving it a second thought it sounds like a bad form of guerilla marketing ....

Basically, if you form a group to promote Mika and approach the media like that, it will simply backfire. If fans promote Mika by contacting stations and commenting in blogs, that's more genuine.

... So I am only talking against organising ourselves in any kind of group.....

I hear you :thumb_yello:

:Update:

Guys, I'm afraid I'll have to say no to the twitter account for the project idea. We have to do it on our own as simple as possible. We don't have to take it that big. Is just a little project of the fans around the world who want to give Mika a hand in doing his promo.

So my answer to that is: no.

It is a good idea but I don't think Mika is such an obscure artist in who needs us to make him GRAND over night.

Sorry,

Bianca

xx

We just have to continue what we're already doing I guess, really what Mika needs is for ppl to introduce him to others, cause I think the music sells itself!! :wink2:

And unless it is possible to send new songs on radio station? I wish to send EP but have reflected whether it is lawful??

I don't think radio stations anywhere in the world would play any CD just sent to them by listeners.... They only play CDs they receive from record companies. In other words, if Universal decided not to promote the EP in Russia you won't hear it on the radio...

However, you can mention the Mikasounds website wherever you can so that people can go there for information, news, songs.....etc. I am sure that even editors will appreciate some additional source of information ...:wink2:

I don't think radio stations anywhere in the world would play any CD just sent to them by listeners.... They only play CDs they receive from record companies. In other words, if Universal decided not to promote the EP in Russia you won't hear it on the radio...

However, you can mention the Mikasounds website wherever you can so that people can go there for information, news, songs.....etc. I am sure that even editors will appreciate some additional source of information ...:wink2:

Attempt is not torture). The main thing to not do much harm)

I really like the idea of starting this thread, Bianca!:

I'd like to be added as a promoter of Mika for country SERBIA.

I've been writing emails to various Serbian music magazines (and other) for about year and a half now, asking them to write about him and publish posters &co. Sometimes they did write about him when I asked, sometimes they didn't.

OK! is the magazine where they write about Mika the most among all the others. Actually, they've published my letter to them in the last number!! I'll scan it and post it here as soon as possible, when I get a proper scanner in my mountain house where I am at the moment :naughty:

There's also this Serbian TV channel where you can send SMS messages to a certain number after 10PM asking to play this or that music; so I've sent many many SMSs asking them to play Mika - and of course, they did! I think it's really good that there's a channel like that here where I can demand of them to play Mika's songs, especially because a great number pf people watches that channel. It's a great way to get masses familiar with Mika's music and get them to even, maybe, become his fans.

I must mention that Mika was No.1 in the radio charts with "Lollipop" last summer here and they were playing him quite often! My dad even told me that they played "Love Today" this morning.

Also,I've been spreading the joy of Mika's music in my primary school, and some of my friends got hooked on and are now loving him and his music. One of them is even registered here on the MFC.::

EDIT*** OMFG BIG GIRL IS BEING PLAYED ON THE RADIO ATM :

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!! :thumb_yello: You're on for Serbia, Keti! Just want to tell you one more thing: don't bother scanning that article, we trust you. Though if it really makes you happy WHY NOT? :wink2:

Bianka,this is an excelent idea...i was thinking to send some letters to 2 magazines bcs they dont mention mika (a lot),and they should bcs of what he's doing and bcs of what he's up to :D :D

You're on for Montenegro, Daniella! And this is how the whole former Yugoslavia gets to know about Mika. Thanks to you, girls!:biggrin2: (we're neighbours on the map.)

I contacted two of our most popular radio stations in my hometown because I honestly don't think he's ever been played in my hometown on the radio.

Ok, so you're ok for USA aswell!:biggrin2: Cool, thanks!

Think i'll take a lil chat with the once i know from the rolling stones magz. Have found out he has been it before so why not again... :biggrin2:

That's so cool! :aah:

I have sent so much mail they tell me that it might pass if amike wiiiiii:boing: in mexico so I put the call to wiii:boing:

SUPER!!!!!!!:wub2:

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!! :thumb_yello: You're on for Serbia, Keti! Just want to tell you one more thing: don't bother scanning that article, we trust you. Though if it really makes you happy WHY NOT? :wink2:

You're on for Montenegro, Daniella! And this is how the whole former Yugoslavia gets to know about Mika. Thanks to you, girls!:biggrin2: (we're neighbours on the map.)

Thanks you, Bianka! :punk:

Oh but it does make me happy, I was so suprised when I saw my letter in the Inbox of the magazine :wub2: So I will send it soon, hopefully tomorrow (when my mother brings me the scanner) or perhaps the day after tomorrow. :arf2:

Yes, the whole former Yugoslavia! :punk:

I really think this is important to do, it'd be awesome if we had some petition for Meeks to bring him to the Ex-Yu countries... :teehee:

I'll keep you guys updated!!

I'm very glad you like it :biggrin2::wub2:

Maybe Bianka can put the link in the first post below my name, just to let people know that there's a thread like this.. :biggrin2:

Roger that! It's on the first post! :naughty::wink2: