Mika @ Blackpool Sept. 5th 2009 - PICS, VIDEOS AND GIG REPORTS

mari62

I think I downloaded it from the first post in this thread, but I've not watched it yet. It's time consuming doing the photoss isn't it?

Ha. It wasn't the video, just an mp4 audio. So thanks for the link.

Martin looked cold :(

Why's that Ruth ? I don't know what I'm doing posting photo's online (as you could probably tell earlier :roftl:), is it because its a shared private album or something ?

Do I need to do something else with them so you can have copies (I don't mind at all) ?:blush-anim-cl:

If you right click on photos here there's an option to save. I usually add the persons initials and keep them away from my own photo folder. But yours won't do that. Perhaps if you have a photobucket account???

Nice dress Ruth.

Thanks. The ear picture is not an angle that I ever want to see again. I may crop the golden ear for my FaceBook page I've been underwater there for a year!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the BEST BEST time

Love love bloody love and so proud of our community

:wub2:

Ditto Ditto.

Even if I am envious now at the goings on in Notting Hill!

It was one of those days that's fab while it's happening but seems ten times better when you think back on it next day!!

That moment when Mika sauntered out into the atrium area and just chilled out with us for a while, I will never forget that :blush-anim-cl:

This is a special fan club and Mika is one truly great bloke.

All true. And atrium, that's the word. I knew there was one!

I just wanted to enjoy the moment. I have it forever ingrained in my memory, that's enough for me :wub2:

Absolutely. I've never understood autographs (except Kath's) and I haven't got one. I always liked hanging around just to hear other people talk to him and make him laugh, but now I've spoken properly to him twice.

I found that I didn't actually have anything to say...it's lovely to see him there, in front of you, get the group pic, 'feel the love' (and you really really could on Saturday couldn't you? :wub2:) and I took a pic of him with Karen, but I dunno..that was just enough for me.

I do think it's so important to respect his personal space too. I instinctively moved AWAY from him, not vice versa, when others were there talking to him. It's just the way I am I suppose :naughty:. I am not saying others were crowding him because they really weren't, AT ALL, it was all very civilised indeed..just that I was happy to watch on the sidelines.

It takes all sorts :biggrin2:

Someone asked me if I wanted to ask for a picture with him, but I thought it was great great that he was prepared to that people who have never had the chance before should do it. And at least there's more than just my hand on the group picture.

I'm waiting for more group pictures. Loads of people took them.

Ditto Ditto.

Absolutely. I've never understood autographs (except Kath's) and I haven't got one. I always liked hanging around just to hear other people talk to him and make him laugh, but now I've spoken properly to him twice.

What do you mean you have never understood autographs apart from mine? Do you mean, you can't read them or you don't understand why people want them? I am not sure what you mean.:naughty:

Yes, I agree...............I love watching him mingle and talk with people:wub2:

What do you mean you have never understood autographs apart from mine? Do you mean, you can't read them or you don't understand why people want them? I am not sure what you mean.:naughty:

I wouldn't do what you did, but I think it's great. But a photo or a bit of paper with his scrawl? Nah. Not for me.

I wouldn't do what you did, but I think it's great. But a photo or a bit of paper with his scrawl? Nah. Not for me.

Ah, I see, got ya.:thumb_yello: I don't know.............I treasure the autograph that I got the first time that I met Mika......but I think 'in the early days' we didn't have a clue that we were going to have the opportunity to meet him so often and I guess I thought it would be nice to have something to keep.

What I don't understand is autograph tattoos that aren't actually autographs...but just a copy of someones signature. I think that is very odd, why anyone would do that:shocked:

How do you get a report onto the first page? I wrote one, but it's just been left as an ordinry post. Was it only a few people who were meant to write reports, or is there a way to get my report onto the links?

The mods will do it Marilyn.:thumb_yello:

Thanks Sheena!! Can't wait to watch it.

My footage from the gig is kinda crappy (very shaky and kinda grainy due to lighting) but hey, here it is anyway. I didn't do the full Grace Kelly as I couldn't see his head well, but the rest are all there:

Grace Kelly:

Blame It On The Girls:

WAG:

Faith:

Lollipop:

Tiny part of the meeting at the end, just before everyone started getting up and approaching him to ask for stuff:

Sariflor, I love you. You nearly made me cry. I was so hoping that someone, somewhere got my gift giving on camera - and you did !! Can't see his face but can just hear him commenting on how much he likes it. Brilliant !!!!!! :wub2:

How do you get a report onto the first page? I wrote one, but it's just been left as an ordinry post. Was it only a few people who were meant to write reports, or is there a way to get my report onto the links?
i'm updating 1st post Marilyn :thumb_yello:

Edit: 1st post updated :)

Edited by mari62

i was going to ask the same thing.

can someone please upload this vid http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/live-in-blackpool/2009/tram-cam/

aw i can't see it! guess only available in UK

could pls someone upload it somewhere?

anyone? pretty pls! would love to watch! :wub2:

I actually DID give my tickets away. when I left the venue I was so upset. It didn't matter that I had queued for five hours, they wouldn't let me go upstairs! They said I had needed some kind of pass to prove I am disabled. <Hello... walking stick, hello> I wasn't exactly dancing the conga!! There was planty of space upstairs as well! So when I got outside there was a young girl with (probably) her mother, who had wanted to see Pixie Lott, so I gave my tickets to them. They were really grateful and offered me money, but I didn't pay for them, so I wouldn't take money for them. They went inside, really grateful, and Alan and I were just about to get up and leave, when a woman came out of the venue and came over to me to tell me I could go onto the balcony after all. I don't know what, or who, made them change their mind, but I was so thankful.

Hi there!

I'm sorry my report was later than the others. I've just got home and didn't have access to a computer!

Alan and I travelled on the train with Sarah Lollipop, so we got to know her as we travelled. This was to be my 2nd Mika gig, as I was there for his last Brixton gig, so I was really excited.

We started queing at about 2.30pm, and Alan and I had taken collapsable stools. It was a good idea, as the chairs people used had to be put back when the caffee opened at four.

The only downside, when everyone started going in, was that there were no seats, and at first the security people absolutely rufused to let me go onto the balcony, even though they could see a had a walking stick, so I had to leave the venue and was deeply disappointed. I gave my tickets away to someone else, but then a woman came out to tell me I could go onto the balcony after all. Someone must have intervened for me and I was so grateful to whoever that was!

I'm so glad that I finally got to see Mika! He was so amazing, and I had a great view of the crowd from the balcony, and they were all 'one with Mika' by the end, no matter who else they had come to see!

Meeting him after was the best! Much better than at Brixton when so many people were pushing in. This time was much more natural, and it was lovely! I got chance to give Mika the gift I bought for him and I had a wonderful time.

I was so happy to meet everyone again. I won't mention names because I don't want to leave anyone out. But it was great to see you all again

Tks for yr report Marilyn!

I'm happy they let you go to the balcony and you could enjoy the gig and have a great time! :wub2:

I can understand you, i would have had the same problem as you

:roftl:

What you like ... :wink2:

Did you have fun on the Sunday ?

:naughty: oh yeessss, you should of stayed around :wink2:

god knows what happend when we got in the pub and cab?? :blush-anim-cl: but in the pics me and yve are feeling eachother and ourselfs :roftl: yes thats what its all about :naughty: hahaha