REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands - 30 May, 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't it a very wet Glastonbury 2007 where the sun came out while Mika was on stage? He did it again! :thumb_yello:

This time I wasn't front row, but we had a good view standing about halfway along the catwalk. He took his bow to the sun right in front of us. :naughty:

I was with my boyfriend and a local friend (who lives around the corner of the festival grounds) and they both liked the show a lot. Well that is a good thing! My local friend even wants to see him next time he does a proper concert in our country, yay! :thumb_yello:

I noticed some familiar faces on the big screens. And at the end of the festival I bumped into Ingie and Babzz. Haven't seen any other MFC'ers in the flesh, just on the screens.

On our way back home we listened to 3FM. Pinkpop all night! Around 3.30 there was a Patricia who called the studio and even before she mentioned Mika I somehow knew it was Patricia4u. Hehe. :naughty:

Oh well. Duty calls, will be back later with pictures. :wink2:

And yes, this is a doublepost as I just found out there is this report thread. :naughty:

@Wicky I must've looked thrilled:roftl:

You can see Ingie at 19.35 during Slash-Starlight in the first link.

You're right! Can't find the part anymore where I saw Ingie... maybe it was at the Slash performance; Slash/Nash my brain wasn't working that well after Pinkpop. It was 1.30 in the middle of the night when I watched the television, so I guess I remembered the wrong performance.

yes i've heard it but i wa the pink one not purple:roftl:

Sorry, but I didn't see any faces on the television, only clothes :blush-anim-cl:

Found it: http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=11024120 - 21.22

My Mika 'fairy tale wand' :P

100_1048.jpg

100_1047.jpg

So I woke up in the morning feeling like P.Diddy...oh no wait, I didn't:mf_rosetinted: Actually, on Saturday I had planned to take naps during the day because I was afraid I wouldn't get any sleep. But ofcourse I didn't, MFC was distracting me! At 5 PM, I picked Babz up from the bus stop and we watched the Eurovision waiting for Bubbles to come. And ofcourse, he called me and said he would be an hour later, which meant 2 am! So we considered locking him out since Germany won the Songfestival anyway, but instead we decided on taking a powernap (which failed miserably as we couldn't fall asleep) and then at 2, Bubbles finally came.

We had a bit of a laugh and then decided to go upstairs. Babz and I wanted to sleep but Bubbles didn't and he was very annoying, though his Lady Gaga impression (including my framazing blonde wig) were hilarious. At 4 AM we finally managed to shut him up and we slept 2 hours before waking up at 6 to get our make up done.

It took us 4 hours to get ready but eventually we were in the car and after 15 minutes I was like: I'm hungry. Bubbles: Me too...Babzz: I'm also hungry. So we stopped in full glamglory at a gas station and attracted quite some attention. :naughty:Then back on our way, we drove the wrong way (it's very hard following signs) and we were about to drive into a city so I said that I thought it was very unlikely they were gonna do it in a city and we turned around, followed a van that looked like it escaped from the 60s and it went to Pinkpop it seemed and we were quite right following it. I think they thought they were going to Woodstock, but got the date wrong:aah:

Naturally, when we arrived, it was raining, so we had to cover up our fantabulous outfits with raincoats and walk almost an hour in the rain before reaching the main entrance. There, my first mission was toilet! But I was wearing a playsuit and forgot it wasn't the smartest move at a festival as I couldn't reach the zipper:aah: So I opened the door, and a woman came to me wanting to go in and I said: "Sorry, I'm not done yet and this might be a strange question but could you please undo my zipper" She looked at me like :blink: then did it and then walked away laughing but I didn't care:aah:

We then went to the 3FM stage and it wasn't really crowded, so we had quite a good spot and then we noticed Biekje and we just talked and were awesome. We did have a bitchy girl in front of us, but whatever, she couldn't spoil the fun. First there was John Allen. I had never heard of him and we wondered aloud if he was any good. Then a woman next to Babz said: "He's AMAZING!" And she went on and on about how awesome he was. It was quite funny watching her sing along and getting into it, but then again, when Mika is on, we're exactly the same and people are looking at us that way:naughty: He was good, but not my style but he had a nice voice.

Then Kate Nash. She sucked. I tested my camera on her and she must've thought I was a big fan as she kept looking into my camera. She said: "You're allowed to move" but nobody obliged :aah: Funny thing was, when she sang something like: Think about it, then a dude shouted: THINK ABOUT QUITTING! Kinda harsh but she really was bad.

Then the nightmare began, suddenly, all the innocent girls were gone and it was one black mass of people, telling us to go away, that Mika sucked yadayada and that we didn't deserve to be there as we didn't even know who Slash was (fyi, I knew it was the guitarist of Guns 'n Roses:mf_rosetinted:) I stayed put, even though the pushing was horrible. Then the annoying girl who stood there all day was like: Stop pushing and touching my ass you lesbos! And I wanted to slap her in the face. But we came up with a nice system. I held Biekje's hand who held the barrier, with my other hand I held bubbles who held Babz who held a random girl and that's how we managed to stay together. During the performance, my rugby skills came in handy. I was VERY pissed and when I'm very pissed I can get VERY aggressive so if they started pushing I just thought, if you want pushing you can get pushing so I assbumped them all out of the way, then the girl behind me started kicking me, so I kicked back. She then wanted to pull me back by grabbing my raincoat, but Bubbles started shouting at her and then she was all sweet again.

After Slash, it got even more horrible (some of those emo kids shouting: Let's get out of here, I don't want to see Mika) but many stayed and the space was even tighter. I just thought, f*ck it, I just survived a moshpit for Mika, I deserve a good spot, so I squeezed myself behind Biekje and Rebecca and even though it was very tight, I loved the spot. But then some people wanted to get out and a girl behind me wanted to grab the barrier and push me away and I just pushed her back because by that time, I didn't care about being nice anymore:aah:

Then the band came on and Imma immediately spotted us which was nice, Mika came on and he looked great! Simple clothes, very nice and pretty. He sounded awesome and we had some eye contact and he seemed happy to see some familiar faces in the HUGE crowd. I had lots of interaction with Imma, she sticked her tongue out to me twice and during Love today we did the Love Love You and pointed at each other:wub2: When Mika spoke Dutch, the crowd went mad and Love Today certainly got everyone going! I wanted to dance but barely had any space, so I accidentally hit the girl next to me in the face:teehee:

Some attention seekers kept screaming: WE LOVE YOU MIKAAAAAAA but I think it's funny how he never responds to that. I also loved it during Happy Ending, when we started with the hearts and almost everyone in the crowd joined in! Mika didn't return the hearts though, he must not have loved us as much that day:mf_rosetinted:

After Mika was done, I was feeling extremely tired, dehydrated and hungry, so we decided to go away and watch Pink from the back, but getting out of the crowd was harder than getting back front row. Eventually we managed it and we had a pizza, lots of drinks, sat down on our raincoats and chatted until Pink began. Pink was good, liked the circus theme, but naturally she couldn't compete with Mika. Though when she got into a huge ball and rolled over the audience and when she flew over the crowd, that was pretty cool.

After Pink, we bumped into Blue and had a little chat, we found Jazzy and we went away. We weren't interested in the Prodigy as what I heard, it pretty much sucked. The way back didn't seem as long, we found the car and decided to go to a McDonalds in Germany so Jazzy could do an attempt to beat Mika with 3 countries in a day, but he won by 1 unfortunately. We rocked out in the car and then after our late night snack we returned back to my place, and because Bubbles forgot his airbeds, Jazzy and I shared a bed (and in the morning, she had stolen my blanket as well:mf_rosetinted:) and Babz and Bubbles. Though Babz had pushed Bubbles off the matras by the morning, as I woke up and saw him lying on the floor:roftl:

I brought Jazzy and Babz to the bus stop, Bubbles was still in coma, he woke up eventually and went away at 11. I went to work but got send home early because I was completely rubbish. I then fell asleep on the couch.

The End:roftl:

Then the band came on and Imma immediately spotted us which was nice, Mika came on and he looked great! Simple clothes, very nice and pretty. He sounded awesome and we had some eye contact and he seemed happy to see some familiar faces in the HUGE crowd. I had lots of interaction with Imma, she sticked her tongue out to me twice and during Love today we did the Love Love You and pointed at each other:wub2: When Mika spoke Dutch, the crowd went mad and Love Today certainly got everyone going! I wanted to dance but barely had any space, so I accidentally hit the girl next to me in the face:teehee:

Some attention seekers kept screaming: WE LOVE YOU MIKAAAAAAA but I think it's funny how he never responds to that. I also loved it during Happy Ending, when we started with the hearts and almost everyone in the crowd joined in! Mika didn't return the hearts though, he must not have loved us as much that day:mf_rosetinted:

After Mika was done, I was feeling extremely tired, dehydrated and hungry, so we decided to go away and watch Pink from the back, but getting out of the crowd was harder than getting back front row. Eventually we managed it and we had a pizza, lots of drinks, sat down on our raincoats and chatted until Pink began. Pink was good, liked the circus theme, but naturally she couldn't compete with Mika. Though when she got into a huge ball and rolled over the audience and when she flew over the crowd, that was pretty cool.

After Pink, we bumped into Blue and had a little chat, we found Jazzy and we went away. We weren't interested in the Prodigy as what I heard, it pretty much sucked. The way back didn't seem as long, we found the car and decided to go to a McDonalds in Germany so Jazzy could do an attempt to beat Mika with 3 countries in a day, but he won by 1 unfortunately. We rocked out in the car and then after our late night snack we returned back to my place, and because Bubbles forgot his airbeds, Jazzy and I shared a bed (and in the morning, she had stolen my blanket as well:mf_rosetinted:) and Babz and Bubbles. Though Babz had pushed Bubbles off the matras by the morning, as I woke up and saw him lying on the floor:roftl:

I brought Jazzy and Babz to the bus stop, Bubbles was still in coma, he woke up eventually and went away at 11. I went to work but got send home early because I was completely rubbish. I then fell asleep on the couch.

The End:roftl:

thx for the report :flowers2:

sounds liek you showed up early?

and started to get frontrow as soon a you got there?

would just love to know so im kinda prepared friday :wink2:

Yeah well second, but very close so it didn't matter. I guess it depends on the festival and who plays before Mika. There were a lot of crazy Pink fans though.

Yeah well second, but very close so it didn't matter. I guess it depends on the festival and who plays before Mika. There were a lot of crazy Pink fans though.

and slash plaied before too tehre right?

th 3 that will play before Mika here... donno what to say... :blink: Boring danish bands :lmfao: He is not on the main stage...

But we came up with a nice system. I held Biekje's hand who held the barrier, with my other hand I held bubbles who held Babz who held a random girl and that's how we managed to stay together.

:floor: pretty well described :aah:

and started to get frontrow as soon a you got there?

would just love to know so im kinda prepared friday :wink2:

Me and Monie started to move slowly forward two act before Mika (he was on at 18.15h, and we were there when Kate nash was on at 14.15)

We stood front row :thumb_yello:

P1010764.jpg

WHO IS THIS FAT GUY :roftl: Muhahahaha

We better change the name of this thread to 'MIKA NAKED THREAD" :biggrin2:

P1010719.jpg

Really love this picture.:blush-anim-cl:

Are there any pictures of the other lovely lady CHERISSE? :wub2: Maybe a screencap? I'm a guy and like beautiful pictures too :wink2:

Me and Monie started to move slowly forward two act before Mika (he was on at 18.15h, and we were there when Kate nash was on at 14.15)

We stood front row :thumb_yello:

same plans we have so far... Mika will be on at 9 pm. we'll start around 4 pm

WHO IS THIS FAT GUY :roftl: Muhahahaha

We better change the name of this thread to 'MIKA NAKED THREAD" :biggrin2:

Really love this picture.:blush-anim-cl:

Are there any pictures of the other lovely lady CHERISSE? :wub2: Maybe a screencap? I'm a guy and like beautiful pictures too :wink2:

Oy! be very carefull babe! Or I'll show you tonight how lovely I am! :bonk::chair:

Nope, no BGs or LGs.

I'm glad. :original: I think they have already been used too often. :boxed:

I'm sorry, I know lots of people enjoy going on stage, but this is pop music, you have to change things to make them interesting.

Ok, now you can shoot me. :mf_rosetinted: