REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ EXIT Festival: Novi Sad, Serbia - 8 JULY, 2010

Fmbm

Just got back home from Novi Sad...on cloud number nine:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

First, I'll never be able to define with words nor to thank enough Mika for everything he brought into my life. Second, which comes out of first:naughty:, Mika fans rock! Thank you to all beautiful girls and boys who made this day and night absolutely flawless. It was beyond pleasure too meet all of you (some for the first time after years of online chatting :naughty:) and to spend time with you. :huglove:

Now concert...I was a lollipop girl! Mika's mum choose us from the front rows, and security guys carried us over barrier :naughty: I have to mention that security guys were really nice. Looked at us a bit in a wonder tho. :naughty: You all already know those technical details how, when, where everything goes with big, lollies and boys so I guess there's no need to describe that. I must say I really have so much respect, gratefulness and appreciation they are doing that with fans, to organize 13 people (that's how many of us were last night) is so much work for Mrs Penniman and Maria, and they don't have to do that at all. We were watching show from the back of the stage, sound there wasn't really good, but that didn't prevent me from jumping (lg skirt that was slipping down my hips did a bit tho:naughty:) and singing mu heart out. And crowd! Amazing! It fills my heart (and eyes too :mf_rosetinted:) fact he came to my country and had such an amazing reception. Of course in audience there were people from everywhere, but still. And comments in today's press are like "star of the night", "first evening-brilliant Mika" etc.

After the show he signed our stuff, chatted couple words and took a picture. He even remembered that we were talking about him coming to Exit festival in March in Vienna. He said something like - it wasn't confirmed yet, but I told you I was coming :wub2: You could see he's sooo tired, but how much sweet, kind and caring he was...unbelievable. Proud to be a fan. He really and absolutely is something special. Later he went outside too, for a quick meet&greet, did some signing and pics...also signed a flag Keti made, I hope she'll post a pic.

And "little bit of love" banner did MFC girl from Croatia, Natalija, but she'll tell you more about that.

I mentioned that before, but I have to say it again, my both Mika experiences, have left me so grateful and satisfied...it went soo beyond my expectations. I think I'm not exaggerating when I say that those two days are among the best days of my life. And I'm not that young.:naughty:

I don't have any pictures nor videos, hopefully other girls do...and those you already found are great, thank you!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that Shine front row white shirt????:shocked:

Yes she is! And the girl next to her is one who made the banner!:biggrin2:

Hope they don't mind me revealing their identities.:blink:

Next two are MFCers also :thumb_yello:

Just got back home from Novi Sad...on cloud number nine:biggrin2::biggrin2:

First, I'll never be able to define with words nor to thank enough Mika for everything he brought into my life. Second, which comes out of first:naughty:, Mika fans rock! Thank you to all beautiful girls and boys who made this day and night absolutely flawless. It was beyond pleasure too meet all of you (some for the first time after years of online chatting :naughty:) and to spend time with you. :huglove:

Now concert...I was a lollipop girl! Mika's mum choose us from the front rows, and security guys carried us over barrier :naughty: I have to mention that security guys were really nice. Looked at us a bit in a wonder tho. :naughty: You all already know those technical details how, when, where everything goes with big, lollies and boys so I guess there's no need to describe that. I must say I really have so much respect, gratefulness and appreciation they are doing that with fans, to organize 13 people (that's how many of us were last night) is so much work for Mrs Penniman and Maria, and they don't have to do that at all. We were watching show from the back of the stage, sound there wasn't really good, but that didn't prevent me from jumping (lg skirt that was slipping down my hips did a bit tho:naughty:) and singing mu heart out. And crowd! Amazing! It fills my heart (and eyes too :mf_rosetinted:) fact he came to my country and had such an amazing reception. Of course in audience there were people from everywhere, but still. And comments in today's press are like "star of the night", "first evening-brilliant Mika" etc.

After the show he signed our stuff, chatted couple words and took a picture. He even remembered that we were talking about him coming to Exit festival in March in Vienna. He said something like - it wasn't confirmed yet, but I told you I was coming :wub2:You could see he's sooo tired, but how much sweet, kind and caring he was...unbelievable. Proud to be a fan. He really and absolutely is something special. Later he went outside too, for a quick meet&greet, did some signing and pics...also signed a flag Keti made, I hope she'll post a pic.

And "little bit of love" banner did MFC girl from Croatia, Natalija, but she'll tell you more about that.

I mentioned that before, but I have to say it again, my both Mika experiences, have left me so grateful and satisfied...it went soo beyond my expectations. I think I'm not exaggerating when I say that those two days are among the best days of my life. And I'm not that young.:naughty:

I don't have any pictures nor videos, hopefully other girls do...and those you already found are great, thank you!

Wonderful report, I'm really glad you had such a great time!!! Totally agree with the bolded sentence:wub2:

Just got back home from Novi Sad...on cloud number nine:biggrin2 ::biggrin2::biggrin2 :

First, I'll never be able to define with words nor to thank enough Mika for everything he brought into my life. Second, which comes out of first:naughty:, Mika fans rock! Thank you to all beautiful girls and boys who made this day and night absolutely flawless. It was beyond pleasure too meet all of you (some for the first time after years of online chatting :naughty:) and to spend time with you. :huglove :

Now concert...I was a lollipop girl! Mika's mum choose us from the front rows, and security guys carried us over barrier :naughty : I have to mention that security guys were really nice. Looked at us a bit in a wonder tho. :naughty : You all already know those technical details how, when, where everything goes with big, lollies and boys so I guess there's no need to describe that. I must say I really have so much respect, gratefulness and appreciation they are doing that with fans, to organize 13 people (that's how many of us were last night) is so much work for Mrs Penniman and Maria, and they don't have to do that at all. We were watching show from the back of the stage, sound there wasn't really good, but that didn't prevent me from jumping (lg skirt that was slipping down my hips did a bit tho:naughty:) and singing mu heart out. And crowd! Amazing! It fills my heart (and eyes too :mf_rosetinted:) fact he came to my country and had such an amazing reception. Of course in audience there were people from everywhere, but still. And comments in today's press are like "star of the night", "first evening-brilliant Mika" etc.

After the show he signed our stuff, chatted couple words and took a picture. He even remembered that we were talking about him coming to Exit festival in March in Vienna. He said something like - it wasn't confirmed yet, but I told you I was coming :wub2 : You could see he's sooo tired, but how much sweet, kind and caring he was...unbelievable. Proud to be a fan. He really and absolutely is something special. Later he went outside too, for a quick meet&greet, did some signing and pics...also signed a flag Keti made, I hope she'll post a pic.

Lovely report, thank you so much! Glad you had a wonderful time and that Mika got such fab recensions from the press :thumb_yello:

Oh, and i am always impressed by Mikas good memory. He meets so many new people every single day and still remembers faces / things he said / where he met one before etc. brilliantly!!! What's so lovely about it is, that he always succeeds in makeing people feel so special by remembering them or things they said/he said to them!!! :thumb_yello:

Pictures:

4776017822_27d1edc278_o.jpg

Isn't that Shine front row white shirt????:shocked :

I thought so too!!! :biggrin2: I wish i would've been there together with you :wub2: My thoughts were with you last night :wink2:

Hiii guys :biggrin2: Oh my God, I still can't believe that it actually HAPPENED. I am soo happy. I just sit and stare into nothing and reload the film from last night over and over again. :wub2:

So, MFCers met up at about 3PM at a cafe, where we met each other, waited for more fans to arrive, drank some juices and coffee, had a snack... And at about 4:30PM we went to the fortress. The day was beautiful which had really surprised me, since the very morning didn't promise a lot - it was rather cold and windy. Anyway, when we passed the bag-check we got to the very top of the fortress and entered the Main Stage. I thought there would've been a pile of people already, but no! There was only Katia (Kat Von jaxx) and Natalija, girls from Croatia. So we got the front row which was really important. Bad brains were having a soundcheck, and we tried to find out more about Mika's arrival to Novi Sad, but we got many different information as the time was passing so eventually we were rather confused about it. :lmfao:

Ringispil, a Serbian rock/alternative band performed first, and they were very cool - the frontman especially - he had red shades in a heart shape:mf_lustslow:

Then The Bad Brains performed. I don't know whether you're familiar with their music or not, but it certainly wasn't very interesting. Actually, me and some friends thought they were actually joking while performing and we couldn't believe that their songs actually had lyrics as well.:teehee: they were reggae btw. We were bored anyway.:aah: oh and their fans seem to be a bunch of wackos too - they were pulling everybody in the 1st row, screaming like mad, spilling beer, throwing ciggarettes on us... :thumbdown:

When their performance was finished, Mrs. Penniman came out to pick Lollipop and Big Girls. Before the very show I had promised to myself that I would NOT go on stage and embarrass myself, since my dancing skills aren't exactly very flattering, and I'm quite clumsy as well. But then I thought - what the heck? This might be my only chance to do something like this, and I better use it right now or never!! I also want to thank Katia for persuading me to go on stage, because if there wasn't her I might've not gone on stage and live this marvellous experience.:wub2:

So, Mrs Penniman first thought I would rather be suitable for a BG and not LG, but she said she wasn't sure about it and then one of the security guys carried me over the barrier (it was so cool). She picked more both girls and boys, I believe it was quite a hard thing to do because many people were shouting:"I wanna go, I wanna go, pick me, pick ME!!", and I'm quite sure that some of them didn't even know what was going on. :roftl:

So eventually we went backstage and started practising the moves and everything, it was so amazing, I couldn't believe it. I was talking to Maria and Momma P. all the time, they were so darn cute - Mika's mom especially - she is so beautiful:shocked:

When we finished with the moves we wanted to go into the dressing room to dress up, but the security guys made some problems about it because neither of us LGs and BGs had the passes for backstage, so John had to go out and tell them what was it all about (he is so brilliant btw:punk:). We went into the room and started dressing up, Mrs. P and maria helped us with our costumes and everything!

To be continued!:biggrin2:

So, eventually I got the LG costume! The dress and the tutu (or whatever it's called) were SO COOL, I wish I could've kept it for myself :roftl:

Maria told us what and when we were supposed to do, we actually had a little concept on our own, and I think it turned out pretty good because there were no problems or anything, everybody was well organised and calmed.:thumb_yello: they even let us watch the show from the behind, from the backstage - we had quite a good view, and at some point Mika passed by us - the problem was that we figured that it was actually him only when he was almost away:lmfao: There was this boy, Marko, who was also picked to perform with Mika on stage (he and 3 more boys had to carry a huge doll), was hugging me all the time because he was so excited, and he almost started crying xD

before the gig started we could all see Mika backstage with his band. He had cold feet. He seemed to have been so frightened how he would've been accepted since it was his very first performance in Serbia, and on a festival like this especially, because this is a rock festival. Then he drank some Rosa water:lmfao: it was so cool seeing MIKA drink our national water brand - and I think he really liked it:wink2:

The crowd started screaming 20 minutes before Mika even came out on stage. Everybody was SO ecstatic, the atmosphere was on the highest level of excitment. They started screaming:" MIKA,MIKA,MIKA!!!!". It was unbeliveable. :wub2:

And then... he went on stage. The crowd went completely wild!!! The lights were on, Mika was on too:roftl: he was jumping all around the place, running, dancing - he was at his best. The crowd knew literally the lyrics OF EVERY SONG, even those that weren't singles. I was amazed:shocked: and so were Mika, Imma and Jimmy.

Mika's singing was perfect, the only problem was that the sound was way too loud so it 'covered' Mika's voice for a couple of times, with the loud DRRRRRRNNN basses and drums and everything.

The ex-yu MFC crowd was the best, in the front row, with our flags and Mika was smiling all the time, you could tell that he was REALLY HAPPY, sincerely happy, you couldn't see that facial expression and the mood of his for quite a while. He was enjoying every single bit of it, he loved the crowd. he eevn spoke PERFECT SERBIAN:shocked: he was talking in Serbian for quite a bit, and I couldn't believe that it was MIKA talking Serbian because it was really perfect, and in addition he didn't have any notes or something, he had learned it by heart. If he's interested in learning it more thoroughly, I could be his tutor. :glasses2:

more to come!! I'm still in Novi sad btw, my bus for Belgrade arrives in an hour so I have to go now! but i will write more very soon - expect two more parts - and my mom (Shine) will write report as well, because she was holding the Serbian flag in the crowd.:biggrin2:

Love you guys!:huglove:

The crowd knew literally the lyrics OF EVERY SONG, even those that weren't singles. I was amazed:shocked: and so were Mika, Imma and Jimmy.

:biggrin2:That's so great, Keti! Thanks for your report so far, so so happy

it all went so well, and I can't wait to hear the rest of your story! Have a

safe trip home!

Go catch your bus Keti, I love your reports, Mika must have been so thrilled to have such a great front row, and such a wonderful enthusiastic crowd in Serbia and of course amazing BGs and LGs :fangurl:

i just got back home, i am still in huuuge shock, YEP that's my banner ''little bit of <3'' he was looking secretly at it the whole Happy Ending song, and when the part ''little bit of love'' came, he asked us for it!! i was :shocked: and :mf_lustslow:

he wrapped it all around his body :naughty: whipped some of the sweat:roftl:

at the very end of the song MIKA spread it wide open on his back, it was, i have to say, such an amazing view; all the purple lights and smoke around, with my banner! I am so proud. and happy to see someone took pictures!

just thinkin i was working on that banner for 2 days in my dad's garage :naughty: lol i'm so ....WOW

and it's my 1st MIKA gig

i'll come later, i am SO exshausted!

Hi All!

I’m back from my first Mika festival experience :boing:

I think Mika can now conclude that there was nothing to be afraid of : the audince reaction at his first Eastern European gig was massive :yay:

There were around 15000 people there and they acted like they have been to several of Mika’s concerts already – knew all the words, reacted the right way and at the right time. It was phenomenal.

If you don’t mind, I am not going into details, only mention two things that I will always remember about this gig.

During Happy Ending he spotted someone’s flag in the front row and signalled that he wanted to have it. He showed it to us , then wrapped himself in it. The words read: A little bit of love. There was a heart on it, too and at the bottom in much smaller letters: Croatia. Well, to me it was a touching moment, though completely accidental. Also, the audience singing the song with him was awesome. The other thing I really liked was the LG / BG parade (where he kissed his bride again on the mouth:naughty:). I guess it only meant more to me this time because I could actually identify some of the people, and for most of them it was their first meeting with Mika. I am especially happy for a sweet Russian boy who was basically begging Mika’s mum to be chosen and you could see the happiness mixed with disbelief on his face when he was. (Mika’s mum came to the front row in between the support acts to collect LGs/BGs and had to refuse several volunteers as there were too many willing to be part of the show)

Finally, let me add that I had a great time with the Serbian, Croatian and Slovenian fans I met (most of them for the second time already). I hope that there will be more gigs nearby in the future. If the atmoshere at Sziget festival is just half as good as it was here, it will be a great one, too :wink2:

PS: waiting for the two Serbian girls singing the lyrics to all the songs behind me but never have heard of MFC before to join us soon. :teehee:

EDIT: corrected audience figure to 15000. It really was impressive:thumb_yello:

Edited by suzie