Fan reviews of The Origin of Love

suzie

Great reviews by suzie and others!

I wrote my review here too quickly after and continue to process more thoughts on each song. I may edit or add another review soon.

Deb - took your advice and wrote a quick review on HMV Canada website.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I was just thinking that there have been so many insightful, thought-provoking reviews posted in this thread... wouldn't it be cool to go and post your reviews on your respective iTunes or Amazon or other sites/blogs where you see the album mentioned? Obviously, all of us here are biased toward loving the album and we're all probably going to buy at least one (and probably more) copies of it.

It's just a thought... but it could be one more way for us to help promote The Origin of Love! :wub2:

Good idea, Deb. We can all post bits from our our reviews. I am so lazy, have no time and tend to consume music in an old-fashioned way. (i.e. record stores)

So can someone recommend some good links for all of us?

I'm no music expert but here's my review of the CD ~

1. The Origin of Love ★★★★★ ★★★★★

I really love this song, I feared no to like the CD version as I really loved the version he performed earlier this summer... But I love this one as well. I'm just looking forward to listen to the accoustic version, which'll be probably even more powerful :'> Live remains best, I guess but it's because seeing Mika singing it makes it even more intense... Looking forward to see that myself ! :wub2:

2. Lola ★★★★★ ★★★★★

I just love as I already loved it the 1st time I heard it. :blush-anim-cl: It's a lovely pop song and it keeps being played in my head wherever I go, blame it on the great melody ;> It's a joyful song, although the lyrics can be a bit sad, actually...

3. Stardust ★★★★★ ★★★★★ +★★

OMG. When I heard it at first, I just got up and started to dance... I mean, I was kind of dancing, closing my eyes and I really fell for this song. :wub2: It's definitely one of my favourites on the CD ! I fear Mika'll have to sing it live, we won't let him leave the stage before he does so anyway... :naughty:

4. Make you happy (French version) ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Well...I didn't like it at all the 1st time I heard it and I guess I've just got used to it... Listening to the CD version, I paid more attention to the lyrics and I'm even beginning to really like it :'> I enjoyed the little changes for the "French version" (for which he doesn't sing in French, though).

5. Underwater ★★★★★★★★★★

This song is simply breath-taking... It's such a beautiful song, I'm really happy it's been chosen as 2nd single~ I think the live version'll be even better, though, more intense (as for The Origin of Love).

6. Overrated ★★★★★ ★★★★★

At first, I wasn't really impressed by the song... I thought it was "too electronic" for me (maybe the fact I knew Solveig had collaborated for this one had to do with this first impression...) but the chorus has grown on me and I really like it now. :teehee: I might even become addicted to it :aah:

7. Kids ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Well, I guess this song was one of my least favourite ones... I don't like that much the intro of the song but the chorus is sooo...sweet ;') I had heard a radio show talking about current event in Middle East and when the chorus began, I couldn't help think of what I had heard earlier... So, yeah, it's probably for me not the best song on this CD but somehow, it has its place on it ;)

8. Love you when I'm drunk ★★★★★ ★★★★★ +++★★...

Well, I had heard it on the radio last week, I had recognized the "Mika touch" even before they confirmed that it was Mika's xD I'm addicted to this song.. The beginning makes you thing of Xmas and then, it turns into a really weird song but this song is pure genius ! I can't really explain my crush for this song... I just love it~ The story told with this song is really cool as well~ Oh and, the Chorus rocks ! (I only love you, I only love you, I only love you, only love you, only love you when I'm drunk~:fisch:). Magic song, really.

9. Step with me ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Well, I thought this song was a bit "the weakest ring" of the Cd but I actually enjoy a lot the Chorus when I hear it. This song is maybe a bit .. *cheesy* but it's musically really beautiful *and cute*

10.Popular song ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Mika rapping ... how could we talk about it ? Well, it's far better than what I expected ;> I find this song really fun to listen ! I can't really describe it but it makes me smile each time I hear it.

11. Emily ★★★★★★★★★

I really like this new version (not to say new song ;D).

12. Heroes ★★★★★ ★★★★★

This song is really really moving. I think I almost cried while hearing it...

Well, once again, I had heard reports abou what was happening in the Middle East on my way home and it touched me 'cause I found back last year my great grandfather's diary from the time he was serving in the army (WWI). So... I really love this some, it's lyrically very deep and I'm sooo happy he could put it on the CD! >___<

13. Celebrate ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Well, I still think Pharell's verse will NEVER be as great as the China Boy one but I really like the song ~

14. Elle me dit ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Well, nothing has changed between this song and me since last summer... I'm addicted, sing it along as soon as I hear the first notes... ;>

Bonus CD:

1. Karen ★★★★★ ★★★★★

I really really love this song, the lyrics (in French) are really great... This ongs reminds me a bit of "Michel Berger" but I , for those who know, which I really love :wink2: However, I think Mika should have kept the piano for this song, it was more powerful... I don't feel as much moved by this version by the one he did during his 2011 summer tour. But well, this version remains really good.

2. L'amour dans le mauvais temps ★★★★★ ★★★★★

I had heard the English version (2011 summer tour too) and I must say that I wasn't really that "into it"... But this version is just AMAZING :blink: I REALLY REALLY love it ! HIGHLY recommended !

3. Comme un soleil mal luné ★★★★★ ★★★★★

Mika, a piano and French... Aawww What more do we need ? :teehee: Really, I didn't expect anything from this song (same for "L'amour dans le mauvais temps") and I was just taken away by the song... Mika's voice is really beautiful here, I mean, there's his voice and the piano, that's it :wub2:

8. Tah Dah ★★★★★ ★★★★★

At first, I didn't expect that at all xD I knew lots of you had loved it and I actually imagined something else but I really like it ;] It reminds me of some old pop songs that I actually really like ! I still can't figure out why it's only on the Deluxe Edition ...

In SHORT: My favourites are Stardust, Love you when I'm drunk, Heroes. I like the CD version of TOOL, Underwater & Karen but they're more powerful "in live", I think... I was reallly surprised by the French songs, which I didn't expect to be that great ! Really, this new cd was full of surprised and it's really... breath-taking... Hat off !

Edited by Kaito

I'm no music expert but here's my review of the CD ~

1. The Origin of Love ★★★★★ ★★★★★

I really love this song, I feared no to like the CD version as I really loved the version he performed earlier this summer... But I love this one as well. I'm just looking forward to listen to the accoustic version, which'll be probably even more powerful :'> Live remains best, I guess but it's because seeing Mika singing it makes it even more intense... Looking forward to see that myself ! :wub2:

I have the UK/US edition and I can tell you the acoustic version of "The origin of love" really IS even better, it's the best acoustic track imo :wub2:

I have the UK/US edition and I can tell you the acoustic version of "The origin of love" really IS even better, it's the best acoustic track imo :wub2:

Aawww I really can't wait !~ Did you find your copy in Brussels or had you finally ordered it online ? :)

I didn't have time to check Free Record Shop but Fnac (Toison d'or + City2) & Mediamarkt had only the French version :blink: I was told they'd get the UK version next week but I have some doubts, though... Not sure the man from Mediamarkt understood everything I told him and though, I explained him 3 times that there were 2 different deluxe editions :wait:

Aawww I really can't wait !~ Did you find your copy in Brussels or had you finally ordered it online ? :)

I didn't have time to check Free Record Shop but Fnac (Toison d'or + City2) & Mediamarkt had only the French version :blink: I was told they'd get the UK version next week but I have some doubts, though... Not sure the man from Mediamarkt understood everything I told him and though, I explained him 3 times that there were 2 different deluxe editions :wait:

I found it in my local Free Record Shop :thumb_yello:

They didn't have the French deluxe though, so maybe the Flemish part gets the uk/us edition and the French part the French version? :dunno:

I found it in my local Free Record Shop :thumb_yello:

They didn't have the French delux though, so maybe the Flemish part gets the uk/us edition and the French part the French version? :dunno:

It's likely to be the case... But Brussels should get both then~ :fisch:

I'll check the nearest free and record shop next week :thumb_yello: Thanks !

By the way, I wonder if he'll play a French song when he comes to Brussels... Once again, I guess he won't know what to do as he doesn't have any song in Dutch x') I'd just love it if he could just sing Karen :wub2: But well, we'll see :) I don't know if his songs in French are appreciated in Vlaanderen ?! I can't say how it feels like to listen to them and not understand them so ...

Yes!!! It is amazing.

I now have the acoustic version as well, so let me add a few words on those.

Celebrate: I love the acoustic version, imo it's a lot better than the normal version. It includes the China boy part, which just beautiful and touching. And for me the enthusiasm and emotions in his voice comes across much better in the acoustic version.

OOL: This version has every bit of the intensity I was missing from the fully produced version. The first think I heard it, I was as overcome by it as when he stepped on the stage in Amsterdam and started with this song. Everyone that loves the live versions wants to listen to this, because it is beyond amazing.

Kids: The difference with the normal version is not as large as for the two previous songs, but I like this version better. I can't explain it that well, but it feels deeper and warmer, more serious maybe. My first reaction to the regular song was that it should be sweeter or darker than it was, and this version is maybe not darker, but does have exactly what I was missing from the regular version.

LYWID: Funny, happy, although I do think that in this case the production has improved the song by making it even more hilarious.

Lyrics are slightly different in at least two places:

Guess what lover I'm leaving: you (made me laugh)

Hm Hm

Guess what lover I'm leaving

I don't want to be that guy

Look you in the face and lie

Someone has to say it first (so no 'but', which makes sense)

Overrated: Interesting, since the tone of the song is completely different in the acoustic. Much more like the old demo, albeit more heartbreaking. I would have liked it, except that I'm completely hooked on the regular version.

I could have done without the remixes, although the Stardust one is ok.

Yes!!! It is amazing.

Celebrate: I love the acoustic version, imo it's a lot better than the normal version. It includes the China boy part, which just beautiful and touching. And for me the enthusiasm and emotions in his voice comes across much better in the acoustic version.

OOL: This version has every bit of the intensity I was missing from the fully produced version. The first think I heard it, I was as overcome by it as when he stepped on the stage in Amsterdam and started with this song. Everyone that loves the live versions wants to listen to this, because it is beyond amazing.

Kids: The difference with the normal version is not as large as for the two previous songs, but I like this version better. I can't explain it that well, but it feels deeper and warmer, more serious maybe. My first reaction to the regular song was that it should be sweeter or darker than it was, and this version is maybe not darker, but does have exactly what I was missing from the regular version.

LYWID: Funny, happy, although I do think that in this case the production has improved the song by making it even more hilarious.

Hm Hm

Overrated: Interesting, since the tone of the song is completely different in the acoustic. Much more like the old demo, albeit more heartbreaking. I would have liked it, except that I'm completely hooked on the regular version.

Thank you for your reviews :huglove:

I can't wait for next week :blush-anim-cl:

I'm not a big fan of remixes either... I have listened to them but it doesn't add anything special to the CD :')

It's likely to be the case... But Brussels should get both then~ :fisch:

I'll check the nearest free and record shop next week :thumb_yello: Thanks !

By the way, I wonder if he'll play a French song when he comes to Brussels... Once again, I guess he won't know what to do as he doesn't have any song in Dutch x') I'd just love it if he could just sing Karen :wub2: But well, we'll see :) I don't know if his songs in French are appreciated in Vlaanderen ?! I can't say how it feels like to listen to them and not understand them so ...

Well, I don't know :dunno: EMD was a hit here and I love that one... I understand enough french to understand, but I don't like the new French songs that much... Karen is okay.

And as long as he doesn't only talk in French like he did in Brussels 2009 it's all good. :wink2:

Yes!!! It is amazing.

Hm Hm

Agreed, the normal version of LYWID is much better than the acoustic one imo. The acoustic version lost so much of the happy-quirky-let's-be-crazy vibe this song has.

And again, agreed! After hearing the regular version it's like: "demo what?" and this acoustic version can't compete with it anymore! The new version is just too amazing.

Yeah... I like the Benassi remix of Stardust, I really do, maybe even more than the original. But it's not that different :dunno:

Well, I don't know :dunno: EMD was a hit here and I love that one... I understand enough french to understand, but I don't like the new French songs that much... Karen is okay.

And as long as he doesn't only talk in French like he did in Brussels 2009 it's all good. :wink2::

I'm only asking for Karen *haha* :fisch:

I love the album version but I'd love to hear it live ~ It'd far more powerful, I think :thumb_yello:

For the new 2 others, they're beautiful but I don't think he would sing them in Brussels... These songs are really based on lyrics and it'd be less fun if everyone can't understand the wordplays and so on ...

I just hope he'll play with us as he did in Antwerp, talking in French / English / trying to talk in Dutch (This "Ik ben dood" moment ♥ ... I will never forget it :wub2:).

I hadn't seen it... And OMG... I caaan't wait, I've been singing that verse over and over again since that Dancing TV show :wub2:

Edited by Kaito

Review of origin of love on Canoe

http://fr.canoe.ca/divertissement/musique/critiques/2012/09/21/20219461-qmi.html

JOIE PARTAGÉE

Mika - Origin Of Love

Ce troisième album, Mika le voulait à l’image de son humeur actuelle, écrivant ses textes pour la première fois en s’inspirant de sa propre vie.

On le devine alors désireux de partager sa joie (de préférence sur un plancher de danse), mais surtout emporté par l’amour, sur les ailes d’une grande liberté. Ça donne parfois lieu à des excès d’expérimentation électro pas très concluante, mais en somme, Mika reste fidèle à son style vitaminé qui ensoleillera ce début d’automne.

Translation:

Shared Joy / Mika - Origin of Love

This 3rd album, which Mika wanted to fit his actual mood by writing lyrics based on his personal life, for the first time.

We guess he wants to share his joy (preferably on a dance floor), but mostly driven by love, and comlete freedom. This gives a few electro-excess not totally conclusive, but in general, Mika stay true to his vitamined style to will brighten our fall.

A (quite) negative review from the Belgian newspaper "De Standaard":

(maybe that's what happens when cancelling the press party :fisch:)

★★★★★

De theatrale nichtenpop van de Britse zanger Mika was altijd te nemen of te laten. Op The origin of love, zijn derde album, vijlt hij de laatste scherpe randjes van zijn sound, dropt hij de bombast en beperkt hij het melodrama tot het uiterste minimum. De schrille falset die u vroeger of vervoerde of de hoogste boom in joeg, laat Mika slechts sporadisch los. Yep, Mika kiest voor veiligheid. Zijn überprofessionele, ultracatchy liedjes krijgen efficiënte maar steriele outfits aangemeten door hitmakers als Klas Ahlund (Robyn), Benny Benassi en Pharrell Williams die merkwaardig genoeg een Daft Punk-pastiche neerzet met ‘Celebrate'. Waar zit het angeltje? In de teksten? Nope, ook daar heerst de middelmatigheid: Mika ratelt over geluk, plezier maken en roem. Een vat vol meezingers, maar spannend is anders.

----------------------------

Just a google translate changed with a few words because it's way too early in the morning to be translating all the weird words they used... It's not that google translate is that bad... It's really just a weird review.

The theatrical queer pop of British singer Mika was always to take or leave. On The Origin of Love, his third album, he filed the last sharp edges of his sound, he drops the bombast and he limited the melodrama to the absolute minimum. The shrill falsetto that you used to love or chased you up the highest tree is only used sporadically. Yep, Mika chooses safety. The über professional, ultra-catchy songs get efficient but sterile outfits fitted by hitmakers like Klas Ahlund (Robyn), Benny Benassi and Pharrell Williams, who produced a Daft Punk-like pop song with 'Celebrate'.

Where 's the catch? In the lyrics? Nope, mediocrity also prevails there: Mika rattles about happiness, fun and fame. A barrel full of sing-alongs, but nothing exciting.

★★★★★

De theatrale nichtenpop van de Britse zanger Mika was altijd te nemen of te laten. Op The origin of love, zijn derde album, vijlt hij de laatste scherpe randjes van zijn sound, dropt hij de bombast en beperkt hij het melodrama tot het uiterste minimum. De schrille falset die u vroeger of vervoerde of de hoogste boom in joeg, laat Mika slechts sporadisch los. Yep, Mika kiest voor veiligheid. Zijn überprofessionele, ultracatchy liedjes krijgen efficiënte maar steriele outfits aangemeten door hitmakers als Klas Ahlund (Robyn), Benny Benassi en Pharrell Williams die merkwaardig genoeg een Daft Punk-pastiche neerzet met ‘Celebrate'. Waar zit het angeltje? In de teksten? Nope, ook daar heerst de middelmatigheid: Mika ratelt over geluk, plezier maken en roem. Een vat vol meezingers, maar spannend is anders.

----------------------------

Just a google translate changed with a few words because it's way too early in the morning to be translating all the weird words they used... It's not that google translate is that bad... It's really just a weird review.

The theatrical queer pop of British singer Mika was always to take or leave. On The Origin of Love, his third album, he filed the last sharp edges of his sound, he drops the bombast and he limited the melodrama to the absolute minimum. The shrill falsetto that you used to love or chased you up the highest tree is only used sporadically. Yep, Mika chooses safety. The über professional, ultra-catchy songs get efficient but sterile outfits fitted by hitmakers like Klas Ahlund (Robyn), Benny Benassi and Pharrell Williams, who produced a Daft Punk-like pop song with 'Celebrate'.

Where 's the catch? In the lyrics? Nope, mediocrity also prevails there: Mika rattles about happiness, fun and fame. A barrel full of sing-alongs, but nothing exciting.

Sounds like something I saw on TV earlier this week

Besides, it is a mere namecheck of the collaborators, so it is not even a professional review :teehee: It is good to collect all of these articles on this thread though. I won't include this one in the first post that I have now updated, if that's ok. I want to leave that post for fan reviews and some key ones from professional press

Edited by suzie

:no: I almost hugged the mailman yesterday when he delivered my copy of TOOL, but but but our cd-player isn't working!!

:crybaby: :crybaby::crybaby:

:annoyed_h4h::furious::sad::no::emot-sad:

My hubby said: ' Now all you can do is watch naked-Mika:-) '

Me: 'Naked?! Not even close:teehee:':blush-anim-cl:

Dvd-player? CD drive on computer?...

:no: I almost hugged the mailman yesterday when he delivered my copy of TOOL, but but but our cd-player isn't working!!

:crybaby: :crybaby::crybaby:

:annoyed_h4h::furious::sad::no::emot-sad:

My hubby said: ' Now all you can do is watch naked-Mika:-) '

Me: 'Naked?! Not even close:teehee:':blush-anim-cl:

My copy of TOOL killed my CD player. I listened to it once on there and the next time it wasn't working anymore :blink:

Can't you use your computer?

I've been listening to the album for a whole week now so I think it's time for me to write down what I think about each song :original:

Origin Of Love

I've loved it ever since the first time we could hear it live. I remember the date (July 4) because I remember so clearly my reaction to it. I was completely blown away. And I wasn't even expecting that much from this song as the bit of lyrics given by Mika didn't inspire me much. I loved the live version and was anxious about how it will end up on the record. And it is just as perfect as it could have been. (Almost) As powerful as the live version but with more vocoded vocals that we heard journalists talk about so much. They are just nicely used, not too much but powerful enough to bring you somewhere else. Perfect track for me, I just cannot skip it.

Lola

Contrary to Origin of Love, I found this one boring when I first heard it. It grew on me after I saw him performing live. And now I really like the album version. That bass line and these clapping sounds are cool. Not my favourite at all but I do enjoy it (be prepared I've got almost only nice things to say about all the songs, I might get boring)

Stardust

I see it as a potential hit, I like Mika's voice in it (more in verses than in the chorus, like that 'on the floor' part) but for me it's overproduced and so doesn't give me much emotion. I would like to hear an acoustic version of this. This is one I could skip more easily than the others, even though I've found myself listening to it more and more in the last few days.

Make You Happy

I was used to the LA Edit and although I was a bit disturbed by the famous so-called robot voice at first, I got into the song quite quickly this Summer. The Miami edit is a nice version, I didn't think there would be different lyrics so that was a pleasant surprise, I always like to know what Mika has to say.. This symphonic version is a good idea and a good representation of what Mika wanted to do with the album I think. I just wish the last lines would be more powerful ('Never gonna give you up...') My emotions with this song are mixed. I used to feel sad and melancholic but not anymore. I don't know how to explain this change.

Underwater

What can I say... :wub2: Pure beauty. Like OOL, I've liked it since the first time in Seoul. Got even more excited with the live versions this Summer. Of course the minor changes at the end (the repeated lines coming earlier) surprised me (in a bad way) at first (that's the problem hearing live versions), but all in all it's faithful to that beautiful song we had the chance to hear for a few months. I just can't wait to hear it live again. And maybe on the radio if it really is the next single and gets airplay. This is one my favourites, once again one of those songs that make me travel without moving.

Overrated

I've never been particularly attached to the demo version so I had no real preconceived idea. But I was a bit scared from media reviews about it being cut up for clubs. And... :shocked::shocked: I absolutely adore it! That first minute :swoon: is like the climax of the album for me (the chorus is weaker I think) A perfect example of music transcribing what the lyrics are about in my opinion. I think I could listen to that 'Offered up my wrist' verse forever. And I don't even usually listen to 'dance' music. In that sense I'm completely impressed and blown away by the song.

Kids

First time I listened to it (at 1am at that listening party) all I could envision was kids and teenagers on their skateboards in sunny California.. It made me think of that song 'Forever Young'. I felt so peaceful. I know the lyrics are not particularly positive but really he made me travel somewhere else again. And this time in a precise place. And time too as I found it very 70s like. The only thing is I feel we don't hear Mika's voice well enough.

Love You When I'm Drunk

:roftl: Love it!! His voice (at the same time high and low in the verses, and that almost shouting 'I' in the first 'I only love you'), the tempo, the melody (2nd verse I feel like in a Sonic video game when there's some trumpet sound on 'I don't wanna be that guy' that puts me in such a great mood :biggrin2:) and the lyrics!! I think it is the song that sounds the most like his previous work. Although I must say as a whole the album has a more modern sound than the other 2 albums.

Step With Me

Erm.. Not sure what to say. I enjoy it for sure. It's fun and nice and the combination with the girl's voice feels like going back home in winter especially on 'home cooked dishes' of course. And when Mika is singing on his own towards the end. But it's not my favourite.

Popular Song

Ok I have to be honest, first time I didn't even listen to it entirely. I found it way too long and I was wondering what the hell he was doing. Only with time I got to know it and started getting excited about different parts of the song (also because I discovered the lyrics better). First it was the chorus in itself that lifted me up 'I know about popular' (I have to add I absolutely don't know the musical Wicked), then the 'My problem...' part and now the whole song makes sense to me and works because I know the words and I find it funny and could only be created by Mika.

Emily

Pleasantly surprised on that one. For me EMD is a very good song and I didn't particularly understand why he wanted to adapt it in English (unless he wanted to make it a single). But now it makes sense. He switched roles in the lyrics and it takes a different dimension. As I said somewhere in the song thread, I especially like him singing 'Emilyyy' and it makes me sad in a way, which I didn't experience at all with EMD. I like that he talks about speaking French in the song, and kept one sentence. Honestly, who does that in the UK?

Heroes

It's one of the songs that gave me the most emotional feelings when I first listened to it. In my mind it would be boring, I don't know why, I think from reviews from some listening sessions that word might have come up several times (or was it for Kids?) And so when the chorus started... Wow. What a voice! What a powerful shout.. And when you mix it with these sad remarkable poetic lyrics it makes it one of the highlights of the album for me. And I knew it the second it finished at the first listening.

Celebrate

I don't listen to it much... I hear it enough on the radio, which is nice. I like it. It makes me dance, smile, sing. A good Mika song although I could have done without that Pharrell part and with the China Boy bit.

Elle Me Dit

What is there to say? 2011 #1 hit in France, it's not with luck, it's just one of the most effective songs from Mika. The fact that it was the first song we heard in French makes it even more valuable to me.

Karen

My worst fear has come true :naughty: No I'm kidding, but still, well, I've loved Karen since the Compiègne gig and was stressing out a bit about how it would end up on the album, because that piano live version was just so beautiful to me. I liked it a bit less this Summer with the new version and now I like it a bit less on the album. Which is not the best feeling. It used be a very pretty nice French song and now I feel like his voice is 'sanitized' in a way. It's not the best way of singing to suit the lyrics.

L'Amour dans le Mauvais Temps

Concerning the melody, no real surprise here. It's pleasant and I like it more than BIOTW. Lyrics are ok; but Mika's voice seems a little bit too 'formal', without enough emotion. And I don't really like the echoing voice. Still, there are some phrases and words that sound delicious from Mika's mouth..

Un Soleil Mal Luné

:wub2::wub2: :wub2: Hard to say anything else. Beautiful. I would love more people to know that Mika sings this. He sounds so natural, so pure. Mika's talent exposed to the ears of everybody. Wish it could have been on the standard edition.

Tah Dah

I forgot to write something about this song at first! Needed to edit my post! How could I?? :shocked: I think it's because I was praising the previous song so much.. And also for some reason Tah Dah hasn't made its way to my MP3 player yet. I really really love it too. So mysterious, so fun (I laughed out loud the first time I heard him sing the actual words Tah Dah) Although I have no idea what he's singing about yet! I need to listen more carefully. Ah.. so many great songs..

All in all... Mika! I'm not ready to stop being one of your fans if you continue making music like this... Everytime I start thinking a little bit about my fandom and think it's kind of absurd (I've never been a fan of anyone else before), it takes me less than a minute to know why I follow all this so closely. This is genius.

Edited by camille*

Quoting Camille:Emily

Pleasantly surprised on that one. For me EMD is a very good song and I didn't particularly understand why he wanted to adapt it in English (unless he wanted to make it a single). But now it makes sense. He switched roles in the lyrics and it takes a different dimension. As I said somewhere in the song thread, I especially like him singing 'Emilyyy' and it makes me sad in a way, which I didn't experience at all with EMD. I like that he talks about speaking French in the song, and kept one sentence. Honestly, who does that in the UK?

Robbie Williams did mix English and French, when singing "L'amour suprême". It did work well.

I love your review, Camille:thumb_yello:

Popular is what we all have in our minds

step with me is the sweetest one

celebrate is the dancy one

stardust is the pure emotion of crush

lola is cute

underwater is b e a u t i f u l

heroes is emotional

kids is sunny

overrated is sad but takes u high

the origin of love is ancient kind of feeling

make you happy is very energetic