Fan reviews of The Origin of Love

suzie

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Theres more... I rather have Ta Dah as the second song of the album and Lola as a bonus track. Or even Popular... but everybody have their own opinion on this and Im sure theres a lot of people who disagree here :aah:

Well couldn't agree more :aah:

Hi people!

I will post a review later, as I need to listen to the songs a couple of times before being able to judge them ^^

But I can already say that my favourite song is "Underwater". It gives me the chills and the melody is gorgeous.

I was also really surprised (pleasantly!) to hear the cover of a Wicked song! And "Popular" is my favourite song in this musical! :D Oh, and I love Mika's cover too, makes me bounce!

More to come...

The Origin Of Love is so brilliant!!!!

Origin Of Love and Make You Happy sound verrryy different from the MIKA we are used to, but I love Origin Of Love, however I have to say Make You Happy isn't a favourite of mine but I don't dislike it either. :aah: And obviously there's Celebrate, which is such a fun dancy song, I love it :wink2:

Kids and Heroes are both so lovely and dreamy, I don't know how else to explain it.

Now for the ones I love the most: Lola and Stardust just stood out to me straight away, both have such nice lyrics and so beautifully sung by MIKA, I also loooovee the tunes of both of them :biggrin2: Now for Love You When I'm Drunk and Emily, I LOVE THEM, they are such fun songs that are fun to sing along to and dance to!

Underwater...:swoon: SO BEAUTIFUL! Ahhhh, it seems a lot of fans are loving this one, and you can hear why! I LOVEEE ITTT! The lyrics, his voice, just everything :wub2::fangurl:

I like Step With Me, but it's not a fav of mine, it's average! Popular Song, I'm not liking the start of this song at all, once you get to the chorus it sounds fine but the start is a big noooo for me!

Overrated sounds so original and electronic, I like it very much! Especially the lyrics!

And finally the French songs, seeing as I don't understand them I can't say anything about the lyrics, but my oh my they sound so beautiful :wub2:

Overall I think The Origin Of Love is amazing, brilliant, MIKAtastic and the lyrics are so beautiful and meaningful! I love some of these new electronic beats!! Not a single song I dislike :thumb_yello: Thank you MIKA!! :wub2:

Ok so now I'm ready to write my review!

"The Origin of Love"

I kind of liked it when it first came out, but I have to admit that I'm a bit bored with it already. But I don't dislike it ^^

"Lola"

This one's average. It's catchy. It's ok but not unforgettable!

"Stardust"

I like this one! It has a nice melody!

"Make You Happy"

I can't like it. I've tried, but I just can't. I can barely listen to it at all!

"Underwater"

As I said before, this one's my favourite. It's simply beautiful!

"Overrated"

I like this one! The chorus (overraaaaaaaaaaaated, overraaaaaaated) is maybe a bit too electro, but the rest is awesome!

"Kids"

Not as nice as "Underwater", but I like it. It's a bit mesmerizing, as is "Heroes".

"Love You When I'm Drunk"

Mwa ha ha this one makes me laugh, I like it!

"Step With Me"

This song is a bit cheesy, but I really like it!

"Popular Song"

I loooove it! I really don't mind Mika rapping, and to be honest, I'd rather there were more rap and less electro in this album :aah:

"Emily"

Well, obviously, I like it much better in English, especially since Mika declares his love to me mwa ha ha No, kidding, but seriously, it's my new phone ring tone :teehee:

"Heroes"

See "Kids"

"Celebrate"

When it came out, I liked it even less than "Make You Happy", but now, it's the other way around. Still, far from liking it.

On the whole, I think it's an OK album. Apart from a couple of songs which stand out, I think the two other records were better. I know, Mika has evolved, blah blah, but to me it seems his talent appears more in LICM and TBWKTM...

Edited by Emerald

I'm not going to rate every song. I love almost everything in the first CD and, of course, I love Tah Dah from the second CD. My favorite is Stardust (10/10 :wub2: ) and the only one I don't really like is Popular (5/10) but it's because I hate rap. But I'll need to hear it more and more, I'm sure I'll like it eventually. :teehee: All the other songs are between 7/10 and 10/10. :naughty:

I'll review the french songs because very few people did. First, Mika is a LOT better singer in english. Maybe it's because I'm not used to hear songs with a french accent (I'm from Quebec in Canada).

Karen is interresting, I heard it live and it's a pretty song. I may give a 7/10...

L'amour dans un mauvais temps et Une soleil mal luné are not BAD but they are very similar and they look like lullabies. :aah: I love to dance while listening music and those one are booooring to hear. :mf_rosetinted: But I don't hate them so I give them... 4/10. For both because they are to similar..

Elle me dit is ok, not my favorite Mika's song ever and I heard it a lot on radio so I'm tired of it. :fisch:7/10

I hate MYH remix. Not my cup of tea. 0/10, I skip all the time I'm sure. I love the original one but it's an horrible remix. :blink:

Celebrate Remix I don't like too.. 1/10 :sneaky2:

Elle me dit Remix is not that bad. :shocked: It's a good change from the original one. But I still don't like remixes so I'll give a... 4/10. I feel generous.

For the whole album I may give easily a 9/10. The bonus one... 5/10. But I will listen to it for Tah Dah and Karen. :naughty: It's my birthday today and this album is the best gift I never had. :huglove: Thanks Mika !!!

why hate rap?

i think its interesting to hear mika rap~

Yeah it's interesting but rap is just not my kind of music. :wink2: I hate eavy metal too, so if Mika decide to make a eavy metal song eventually I don't think I'll like it. :fisch:

(Please Mika, no eavy metal song. :mf_rosetinted:)

I love hearing him rap and hip hop music in general, but personally, I wanted him to be a little rougher if you know what I mean? Aggressive and stuff

Yes he is just talking, not rapping.

Some have said that he's supposed to be the high school dork so that's what he would sound like but I thought the point was that he had grown up to become cool and popular and a successful singer so...

Yes he is just talking, not rapping.

Some have said that he's supposed to be the high school dork so that's what he would sound like but I thought the point was that he had grown up to become cool and popular and a successful singer so...

Somebody needs to piss him off real bad lol but I guess that wouldn't help since Priscilla apparently did piss him off during their sessions. C'mon Mika, I just want one hardcore, pissed off, shockingly controversial song and I'll be happy.

It is a great album! I love the music, the themes behind it and all that! I can hear the influence that Nick Littlemore put into 'Celebrate'. 'Emily' sounds so amazing too!

The only thing I don't like about it, is that it is completely different to the last two albums. It's very electronic and sounds like a lot of other pop songs. The album art I'm not very impressed with either. I was expecting something hand drawn and colourful like the last two.

Other than that, I'm very pleased with it. I'm listening to it on constant repeat!

O@J#OJ@JOIWEOIJOR#@O@#I

THE ORIGIN IS YOUUUU

This album is magical and just what I needed. CAN WE JUST talk about THIS ALBUM Auhghghghgaoasojojfisd BeCausE it's amazingggg

That is my review :mf_rosetinted:

The best review so far. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes. Theres more... I rather have Ta Dah as the second song of the album and Lola as a bonus track. Or even Popular... but everybody have their own opinion on this and Im sure theres a lot of people who disagree here :aah:

Well couldn't agree more :aah:

Totally. :doh: