Mika to be a judge @ X Factor Italia 2014 !

Kumazzz

:shocked: so many vids to watch!!!

I'm wondering which ones are worthy.....

Video

Interviews from X Factor press conference:

http://www.tvblog.it/post/639672/x-factor-2014-mika-noi-giudici-ci-vorremo-bene-come-orsetti-psichedelici-video

http://video.repubblica.it/spettacoli-e-cultura/x-factor-arriva-la-nuova-stagione-con-victoria-e-fedez/177414/176137

http://video.repubblica.it/spettacoli-e-cultura/matrimoni-gay-mika-non-un-pericolo-ma-una-cosa-ovvia/177417/176140 Some bits of his reply to the interviewer asking whether Italy has the X Factor to get to gay marriage legal approvement:

"It's a matter of time. A part of the society wants to be acknowledged and protected by the system, how can we say no?"

"It's an important matter that must be discussed with clarity and positivity. This pressure to progress can't be ignored. Because it is something obvious."

Well, I liked the second one, with the long interview by many journalists (even if going a bit to fast for me to be able to understand everything :aah:). And the one about gay mariage in Italy is interesting :thumb_yello:

Well, I liked the second one, with the long interview by many journalists (even if going a bit to fast for me to be able to understand everything :aah:). And the one about gay mariage in Italy is interesting :thumb_yello:

You're right :thumb_yello: .......but I had to watch them all,in order to check if you're right :naughty: I think the most important sentence of him was "I gatti sono belli" :mf_rosetinted:

Mika will be at Radio Deejay with the other judges at 11am :wink2:

http://www.deejay.it/radio/

Thanks for the link :thumb_yello:

Edited by krysady

"canti come un gatto stretto all'uscio"

I understand that this way: you sing like a cat who got trapped by a door getting shut (I don't even know how you say that in english, anybody can help?)

Is that an english saying?

It's really peculiar that he knows the word "uscio", by the way. :shocked:

It's quite an old word.

"canti come un gatto stretto all'uscio"

I understand that this way: you sing like a cat who got trapped by a door getting shut (I don't even know how you say that in english, anybody can help?)

Is that an english saying?

It's really peculiar that he knows the word "uscio", by the way. :shocked:

It's quite an old word.

An old word? Well, perhaps he's been hanging out with Dario Fo a bit? :naughty:

And I guess in English our equivalent would be saying something like, "You sing like a cat that got its tail caught in a door," or "a cat howling in pain" or something similar. :dunno:

It is a sort of proverb, a way of saying...i think it is used mostly in Tuscany...

We say:

"si lamenta, miagola come un gatto stretto all'uscio" --> he complains, he meows like a cat caught (or stuck) in the door. :teehee:

Mika is learning also our ways of saying, he is fantastic! :thumb_yello:

Edited by Marta.

It is a sort of proverb, a way of saying...i think it is used mostly in Tuscany...

We say:

"si lamenta, miagola come un gatto stretto all'uscio" --> he complains, he meows like a cat caught (or stuck) in the door. :teehee:

Mika is learning also our ways of saying, he is fantastic! :thumb_yello:

After listening to him saying "Ciapapolver" which is a word taken from the dialect of Milan, I think I'm prepared to anything! His Italian is just amazing! :wub2:

And I guess in English our equivalent would be saying something like, "You sing like a cat that got its tail caught in a door," or "a cat howling in pain" or something similar. :dunno:

Ah! I wanted to write "in a door" but then I imagined Christine telling me that you can't get caught IN a door. :biggrin2: I'm paranoid

So now I get where he learned that word. He must have some friend in tuscany. They use some vintage words indeed :aah:

Ciapapolver or ciapapouer is a useless knick knack, if someone is wondering. It means "something that gets covered with dust"

Oh man. Us talking about ciapapouer on MFC. I would have never seen this coming. :facepalm:

Edited by Elwendin

Ah! I wanted to write "in a door" but then I imagined Christine telling me that you can't get caught IN a door. :biggrin2: I'm paranoid

So now I get where he learned that word. He must have some friend in tuscany. They use some vintage words indeed :aah:

Ciapapolver or ciapapouer is a useless knick knack, if someone is wondering. It means "something that gets covered with dust"

Oh man. Us talking about ciapapouer on MFC. I would have never seen this coming. :facepalm:

hahahahhahaahah!! indeed :lmfao:

Here's some notes and please don't mind my english, it's a draft.

Lebanese and italian culture share some elements like a kind of warmth in music. He founds some of this warmth in paris as well whereas in london there's an alternative side but no such mediterranean shade. He got to know dante and de andré thanks to morgan and also some songs which aren't a good idea for the contestants to pick. He's not italian, not english, not french, he's like a stray dog in greece. He doesn't like italian airports. American ones are worse though. About italian politics: there's always a strong italian spirit, there are many issues but there's still a sort of fire, so he hopes that italy will manage to keep distance from extremism. He's a mutt and thinks that extremity is a cancer when it comes to politics. Some more talk about an italian politician. He's always hanging out in Navigli cause he doesn't like to stay alone in his flat, he wants to meet people, at his place there only are his neighbours cats who are always alone as well. Then he says that in the neighbourhood there's plenty of shoes hanging by the balconies, which is a kind of mistery, so he also hung out some louboutin glitters shoes, which are now hung up there among all those converse. He doesn't know his neighbours cause they are never at home. He says that he's not single, and when a journalist says "so you are happily in love" he answers that it depends on the days cause love is a relative thing. He thinks that it's stupid that Victoria is single and if she's single, then there's no hope for all the girls of about her age. A potential winner of XF must have some boldness, take risks, dare and don't care about what people think. Everyone labels his team (over 25 y.o guys) like the old ones and he didn't like it, it sounded so negative, but then after they worked together he realized that they are awesome cause they have some maturity that the young ones miss. They are not knickknacks without potential, they need to think about their stories now and to be creative in order to develop an identity and carreer. The plan is to be consistent to their identities and to take risks, not to fear consequences, as we have plenty of mediocrity around. I loves Elio cause he's a wise strenght and has a great emotional intelligence and he's ironic and aknowleged. Fedez is totally different, they can't simply swap. Elio is very happy with his own work right now. It's not always a good choice to think on an international level as there's the risk to tend to homogenity

Edited by Elwendin