Stockholm 9 november: 09-11-2007 -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi girls! :punk:

I'm at home now. The show, Mika and the whole thing was amazing! :wub2: I'll write my report tomorrow. I'm too sad now because of my grandfather who died yesterday night. :shocked:

I am so sorry Anzuzu. Take your time with your report - we

can wait *hugs*

I'm at home now. The show, Mika and the whole thing was amazing! :wub2: I'll write my report tomorrow. I'm too sad now because of my grandfather who died yesterday night. :shocked:

I sent you a PM, Anzuzu.

But thank you so much for sending all these messages to me yesterday!

Oh, Anzuzu I'm so sorry!

Take your time and be together with your family, that's a comfort when you lose someone.

I'm so sorry for your grandfather :sad: You don't have to hurry for your report.

*hugs*

This gig.. WAS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!

Good God I love Mika! :wub2:

P.S I´ve got 359 pictures and 3 videos from the gig :wink2:

Wow, that's exciting!

And you had the best place ever, so close to the stage!:thumb_yello:

Wow, that's exciting!

And you had the best place ever, so close to the stage!:thumb_yello:

Yep, I was a lucky girl :bleh:

Wow - cant wait to see them :biggrin2:

Hehe.. I´m working with all my pictures right now.. I´ll show you all some of them later! :wink2:

So sorry to hear about your grandfather Anzuzu.

Thank you for the reports. The pushing sounds dreadful...really horrible. I have to say that itis my opnion that if I cant be on the front row then I want to be on the gallery as I couldn't cope with being in the middle of a crowd like that.

Why is it that security guards seem to excel in being complete pillocks? We had excatly the same in Oslo...we were told that Mika would not be using that door.

Oh my god.....I'm so sorry to hear that :huglove:

I hope you're ok:boxed:

I'm so sorry to read that. Take your time.

:huglove:

Why is it that security guards seem to excel in being complete pillocks? We had excatly the same in Oslo...we were told that Mika would not be using that door.

Well, I WANT to believe that they're just trying to their job okay but then I also have the impression they're taking themselves just a little bit too seriously. I didn't wait after FfM but somebody said security there was forwarding the wrong (higher) number of people waiting outside, obviously hoping they'd get order to turf them out.

In Munich a very nice security woman (the same one that told us we wouldn't get to the front because that area was for the 'kiddies only' - 2m tall kiddies and kiddies in their 30s that is :sneaky2: ) started to wave nicely with barrier tape claiming she had to make us leave the place - pff, when we had reached the gate, Mika and the John came out. How piffling!

Well, I WANT to believe that they're just trying to their job okay but then I also have the impression they're taking themselves just a little bit too seriously. I didn't wait after FfM but somebody said security there was forwarding the wrong (higher) number of people waiting outside, obviously hoping they'd get order to turf them out.

In Munich a very nice security woman (the same one that told us we wouldn't get to the front because that area was for the 'kiddies only' - 2m tall kiddies and kiddies in their 30s that is :sneaky2: ) started to wave nicely with barrier tape claiming she had to make us leave the place - pff, when we had reached the gate, Mika and the John came out. How piffling!

In Atlanta, some girls and I stood by the backstage doors and were told various things by different security men. One told us that he was in his dressing room and wouldn't be out for a while so we might as well leave, another told us that he wasn't coming out, and another told us to just hang about and he would be out soon. They're doing their job, but I don't understand why they would act so negative toward the fans waiting.

The stage-hands are very nice, I've found. I was walking around by myself outside of the gig after the show, and a young man that helped move the equipment on stage who had just been talking to Mikey told me, without me even asking, that Mika was on his way out and for me to go and stand by the sidewalk.

EDIT: I just think it's best to bypass asking security altogether. In most cases, they could care less about whether fans get to see the artist. They just want to make sure that everything goes smooth.

I'm glad you had a good time! So sorry about your grandfather, though.

Hi! I'm sooo happy now!

Mika was sooooo amazing! His talking voice was I bit hoarse, but the singing was so high and clear! I had almost forgotten how great he was.

Thanks for your awesome report! It sounds like a great time, despite not feeling well.

Absolutely! And I plan to be standing right beside her when it happens :roftl:

I wouldn't think an open fly would be so embarrassing. I saw a pic of him yesterday with his entire ass hanging out of his trousers, right from the top of his thighs.

You SO can't say that without posting a link. :winksmiley02:

We asked ourselfes and each other: What do they think we would do to Mika?

Throw us at him?:naughty:

The guard guy said: If you promise to be nice I don't need to put up a fence, okay?

By that time we where inside the venue and we where about twenty people.

Complitely calm and nice!

"Be nice" ? Like you're a bunch of kindergarten kids! :roftl:

What exactly did they say in Swedish anyway? "Om ni är snälla.." ? :blink:

Thanks so much for all the reports!! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

I sooo wish I could've been there!

Emma:

Aww I'm sorry you couldn't make it this time.. :( Yes, next time! And, hopefully, I'll be there as well! :D

"Be nice" ? Like you're a bunch of kindergarten kids! :roftl:

What exactly did they say in Swedish anyway? "Om ni är snälla.." ? :blink:

Thanks so much for all the reports!! :thumb_yello:

I sooo wish I could've been there!

Emma:

Aww I'm sorry you couldn't make it this time.. :( Yes, next time! And, hopefully, I'll be there as well! :D

Ja han sa ungefär så här:

Jaha, tänker ni uppföra er ordentligt eller ska jag behöva sätta upp ett staket?:sneaky2:

Vi svarade: Ja, vi lover att uppföra oss!

Vakten:Ja det är bästa att ni gör det för annars sätter jag upp det där!

(pekade på ett staket)

Och han var ändå en av dom trevligaste, och jag tror faktiskt att han sa så lite grand med glimten i ögat!:wink2:

Ja han sa ungefär så här:

Jaha, tänker ni uppföra er ordentligt eller ska jag behöva sätta upp ett staket? :sneaky2:

Vi svarade: Ja, vi lover att uppföra oss!

Vakten:Ja det är bästa att ni gör det för annars sätter jag upp det där!

(pekade på ett staket)

Och han var ändå en av dom trevligaste, och jag tror faktiskt att han sa så lite grand med glimten i ögat!:wink2:

Ok :thumb_yello:

Men ändå.. :blink: Aja, vad vet jag, de kanske brukar ha problem med galna fans :naughty:

Men det var ju schysst av honom att hoppa staketet iaf. :bleh:

Edit: det slog mig just.. översätt den där sista meningen direkt till engelska..! :lmfao:

Hiiiii guys!

I came home around midnight yesterday and was soooo tired...

The whole thing was just unreal and amazing and I can't even think straight :wub2:

I have tons of videos on my cellphone from every song and when he's speaking almost perfect swedish! :biggrin2:

Me and Luna got to the front row a bit on the right but some rude girl tried to push me back the whole time :sneaky2: but as the warrior I am I stod there solid and didn't move an inch :roftl:

I have bruises on my arms but oh well everything for Mika hehe ^^

I'll wright a detailed report later, sorry if you have to wait guys :bleh:

But I can tell you that I got to meet Mika *iiiihhh* got my big poster signed, gave him the bracelet I made him from May aaand he gave me a hug!! Hahaha I was in total aw and could barely speak, when he signed my poster I had a chance to talk but couldn't say a word! I only told him about the bracelet and said that I wanted to give it to him and he said "aaaw that's so sweet of you" and smiled at me (he has the most mezmerizing eyes ever :mf_lustslow:). I said Byyyyyyeeee Miiiikkkkaaaa in a dreamy way (LMFAO) and he held eyecontact with me and said byeee!!!!!

OK as I said I'll tell you all about it in detail I'm still in chock and my hands are shaking while I'm writing this hehe...

To all you wonderful MFC:ers that I met, Lunafish, sienna, Mirano, Anzuzu, Marianne83, Lella and her friend, Nika you are such nice people I was very excited about meeting u and u made my expirience so much more fun!

Love from a very hyper Jasmin :arf2:

Hiiiii guys!

I came home around midnight yesterday and was soooo tired...

The whole thing was just unreal and amazing and I can't even think straight

I have tons of videos on my cellphone from every song and when he's speaking almost perfect swedish! :biggrin2:

Me and Luna got to the front row a bit on the right but some rude girl tried to push me back the whole time but as the warrior I am I stod there solid and didn't move an inch

I have bruises on my arms but oh well everything for Mika hehe ^^

I'll wright a detailed report later, sorry if you have to wait guys

But I can tell you that I got to meet Mika *iiiihhh* got my big poster signed, gave him the bracelet I made him from May aaand he gave me a hug!! Hahaha I was in total aw and could barely speak, when he signed my poster I had a chance to talk but couldn't say a word! I only told him about the bracelet and said that I wanted to give it to him and he said "aaaw that's so sweet of you" and smiled at me (he has the most mezmerizing eyes ever :mf_lustslow:). I said Byyyyyyeeee Miiiikkkkaaaa in a dreamy way (LMFAO) and he held eyecontact with me and said byeee!!!!!

OK as I said I'll tell you all about it in detail I'm still in chock and my hands are shaking while I'm writing this hehe...

To all you wonderful MFC:ers that I met, Lunafish, sienna, Mirano, Anzuzu, Marianne83, Lella and her friend, Nika you are such nice people I was very excited about meeting u and u made my expirience so much more fun!

Love from a very hyper Jasmin :arf2:

lol, I understand you're hyper Jasmin :wink2::biggrin2:

Thanks for this short review...can'tw ait to read the detailed version now :das:

Mika konsert in Stockholm November 9th 2007 – the cut story!

(The whole uncut story in Swedish could be found here)

When I couldn’t find a friend to travel with I went online and found a gang from MFC that were going. Sienna was going to meet me and a couple of other people from MFC. So I could go after all. Yay!

I meet up the gang in the queue. They had gotten great places right in the front. There was Sienna, Marianne, Anzuzu, Jasissa, Lunafisch and Mirano and her mother. They had so great places so they didn’t want to go and eat. I made my way through the queue and meet my new friends. A hug and it was like we had known each other a very long time. We got more and more exited the longer we waited. It was something after six when I got there and we had to wait a while. The guards are so macho it’s almost funny. One guard had a little speech: ”Okay, now it’s like this – when we open the door, there will be no running. If someone falls then fifty people will run over them – and that will hurt. IF you run, there’s a yellow door and you have to go through it and run around the Globe and stand in the back of the line again. Okay, no running in the arena”.

This meant that it would be time enough to leave our coats. We got in and walked to the stage. The guards told us to sit down on the floor. This is because it makes the people spread out more. And it was about an hour before the show started. We had some time to talk and Sienne went over to the famous filming-man to ask his name and if he would come over and film Marianne and Anzuzu in their dresses. And so he did.

We sat there and waited until someone, somewhere, saw something that resembled Mika, or it was just a shadow, anyway the growd stood up in a second. But of course it was only stage worker of some kind. We got good places though. We stood just couple of meters from a cube that was in the center of the stage. This was to be the place he was the most. So we had great places.

The warm-up band started to play 3-4 songs and the crowd was warming up all right! The guards gave us water throughout the whole show, and we surely needed it.

Then they had to replace all the equipment on stage and it was yet another waiting period.

But then, at half past nine something, it started. I just couldn’t believe it was true. The music started and there was some dancing by a girl in a funny dress – but then – he was there, in front of me. I saw him as clear as a day and he’s just as beautiful in real life. He has cut his hair a bit too short for my taste. I like it when it’s a little longer, with all the curls.

The show was fantastic. On the piano songs the rolled up a piano and placed it so he was facing me. Wounderful. It really felt like he sang just for me.

It really looked like Mika and the whole band had FUN! They were all laughing and were picking on each other. He talked a lot of Swedish too. According to an article in a paper in Sweden it sounded like he had studied a whole Swedish-course on the plane to Stockholm, and I can only agree. He didn’t just say “Hello, how are you?”. He talked about how Sweden was the first country to play his songs, and that he was totally unknown a year ago, and look at him now – in Stockholm. He said in English: “If you don’t understand what I’m saying do this” and then he waved his arms over his head. And then the crowd did the same. The band laugh so much and Mika looked over at them and said “My band thinks this is very funny”. But we did understand him.

Sienna the little dirty one, noticed that the trash cans was way over on the right side of the stage. Damn it, we thought. But when it was time for the take-of-the-shirt-and-bang-the-trashcans-part they moved the trash cans to the middle. We really got great places – did I mention that?! I have noticed one bad thing about my contact lenses though, I have to BLINK every once in a while or they dry up. Sometimes you don’t want to blink ya know!

But the show was really, really good. He had some problems with his earpiece and probably didn’t get good feedback so he took it off a couple of times, and then he sung even better.

Musically it’s always A+ of course. He remakes the songs, makes them longer and just keeps on going sometimes. He gets the crowd to sing along or sing by themselves. And he really likes it. On one song – I forget which – he made the crowd sing for a long time, and he really liked it and laughed a lot. The show just gets better if the artist and the band look like they are having the time of their life.

In lollipop they did a shadow theater with themselves in animal costumes. At the end they did some dirty moves – haha, that’s humor. And then I haven’t even mentioned what he did to the blow up Big Girl. So funny. He laughed afterwards and really looked like “What the f**k am I doing”, but its fun when he’s being himself in the moment. During lollipop they through gigantic balloons in the crowd and had confetti-canons that made confetti rain down over the crowd.

He also did a different version of Holy Johnny. The band all stood in front of the stage and hand a little instrument each. They played and sung almost in a capella. Nice. This probably is as much for themselves as for us. They must go crazy if they have to do exactly the same thing every show.

But Mika really has to buy some new throwers. His fly went up and even though the closed it once it just went up again. A little funny, but I felt sorry for him. It can’t be fun standing in front of several thousand people with the fly open.

After the show Sienna, Marianne and Anzuzu wanted to see Mika and of course I wasn’t far behind. I had bought a Mika logoband with a plastic card with info about the tour stops. The guards didn’t seem to know what it was, because they let us stay behind when all the other people had to back up. Finally the guard said that if we didn’t have a guest pass it really wasn’t any use to be standing around. So we left – with our tail between our legs - just to go outside to the buss.

But there were two doors at the back of the house. Beside one of the exits there was a large buss, at the other there were two small busses. So now we didn’t know which door Mika would use. Some of the band came out to the small busses. It was snowing and cold. But finally it looked like it was going to be at the big buss. Again we were faced with the macho guard: “Okay, there’s a fence here, and if you push it will scratch the buss, if it scratches the buss we will have a angry buss driver, and we don’t want an angry buss driver.” So we stood nicely in a queue. Then the guard said: “Now we are walking, nicely, quietly – WALKING”. Then they let us all in to arena again. We were maybe 20 people. The guard: “Okay, now Mika has been nice to let you meet him inside so are you going to be nice enough so I don’t have to put up a fence again, okay?” We promised.

We waited a couple of minutes. I turned around, and there he was. He came walking towards us. The damn dvd-filming-guy was there of course. If I turn up in some crazy-fan-clip I just might die. We stood in line and he talked to every one of us. He said out load to all of us that if he was distant when he hugged us it wasn’t our fault it was just that we were so wet and he didn’t want to get sick (!).

Finally it was my turn and I said “I’m Nika from the forum” and he said “Ah…”, I said “No Nika with an N” and he said: “Oh, what’s your real name” I told him and then he signed my ticked. I got kisses on mine. Lunafish didn’t get kisses, I have to check with the others about that. Then I asked for a hug and I tried to reach but he’s so tall. He put his arm around me and touched my scarf that was all wet with show and he said “Oh, you’re REALLY wet!”. I said: “It’s not my fault it’s the snow.”

He said that he wanted to go outside to look at the snow. ”You probably think it’s boring with snow but to me it’s exiting!” he said. He should come to Umeå in Sweden if he wanted to see lots of snow.

That was that. I have meet and talked to Mika. I even got a hug. I felt like thirteen. I wanted to go outside and scream like the others but I controlled myself. He’s so wonderful. And beautiful even really, really close up. He’s beautiful on the outside and inside, an all around nice man.

Then we went to get some dinner (at 2 a clock at nigh). We talked, talked and talked. Then we all went home.

Now I feel sad. That might sound strange but it’s true. I realize that I will probably never see him again. Not talk to him again anyway. That makes me sad.

I have to live on my memories…and what a memory you make Mika – what a memory.

There is some of my pictures from thee gig in http://chubbybunny.bilddagboken.se/

You´ll find the pictures in November, 9 (of course) :wink2:

All my comments are in swedish.. I hope thats okey :bleh:

Plase, let me know if there´s something that you don´t understand or aything else ^^

You can also find 3 videos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSLT5ZXSYOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoNubQ-padc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud5IRVvFDF8

I know. It is not the best videos ever, but I was holding the camera x)