Books Mika has read, that we know of

Lucrezia

Let's try to gather here all the books that Mika has read, so if someone is curious and want to search them, there will be the full list here!!:teehee:

What do you say of it? :wink2:

Here are someof the books that Mika read in these years:

Kazuo Ishiguro - Never Let Me Go.

Edgar Allan Poe - The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket.

This Is Your Brain On Music by Daniel J. Levitin

"The Tao Of The Pooh"

"The Alchemist" (by Paulo Coelho)

"Nights at the Circus" (by Angela Carter)

"The bloody chamber" by angela carter

Donna Tart- the little friend

Anthony Burgess- a clockwork orange

Truman Capote

--- on a recent plane journey

9 books by Neil Gaiman

--- bought in America

Angela Carter- The Magic Toyshop

--- influence one of his songs

Alice in wonderland

"1,000 places to see before you died"

"Confidential Agent" by Graham Greene

"The Reader" by Bernhard Schlink

Flaubert's Parrot by Julian Barnes

Middlesex and everything else by Geoffry Eugenides

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

"A History of the World in 10½ Chapters" by Julian Barnes

Edited by Lucrezia

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I start:

Ishiguro - Never Let Me Go.

Edgar Allan Poe - The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket.

!

btw 'never let me go' is by Kazuo Ishiguro just so everyone has his full name :-D lol i had to read his book 'remains of the day' for my IB English x

I really appreciate this thread :thumb_yello: as I am one who tries to get and read all mentionned books by him - by now I'm reading "Alles, was wir geben mussten", the German translation of "Never let me go". I've just beginning with it, but I am a bit shocked by the figure of "Tommy" as I can see clearly Mika himself in it during his own schooldays.

Another book about Mika has told was

"1,000 places to see before you died"

Meh, the reader. Strange book, it literally tore me apart. I couldn't really do with the plot and I really disliked the figure of the woman (can't even remember her name) as she seemed to have zero backbone. Can't even see her as a round character.

I was in love with the language from page #1, though. In spite of that I didn't make it through the book. :dunno:

Yes, I love this thread and must admit I'm getting the books. I haven't actually read any of them yet though (to be fair, I'm really busy at the moment, I normally read quite a bit)- and do sometimes wonder if Mika ever does this. I LOVE deciding and buying books for a trip- and I usually bring them back unopened.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not sure what you mean by "Quoted" but I know in the OMM interview they said that he had

This Is Your Brain On Music by Daniel J. Levitin

Just a warning to people: That book is not as interesting as it sounds. I know from having read it a while ago :naughty::sneaky2:

There was only one interesting fact about how many hours a day, and for how many years you would need to practice to be like Mozart, but I can't remember. I let my piano teacher borrow it and she never gave it back :shun:

• 2 months later...
Just a warning to people: That book is not as interesting as it sounds. I know from having read it a while ago :naughty::sneaky2:

There was only one interesting fact about how many hours a day, and for how many years you would need to practice to be like Mozart, but I can't remember. I let my piano teacher borrow it and she never gave it back :shun:

10,000 hours to become expert at what you do - sport, music, art - providing you have the talent in the first place :thumb_yello:

It was a very mixed book - interesting in parts - but the author neglected contemporary classical music which made me cross :sneaky2:

• 8 months later...