Books Mika has read, that we know of

Lucrezia

and i think him neither!

:teehee:

:lmfao: I really don't know how he handles reading so much during his travels. I am always too bloody knackered and I don't even have to perform. I get through about a dozen pages and I can't focus my eyes any longer. :aah:

Our entertainment system crapped out on us for the entire Japan > Vancouver leg. :shocked::boxed: I learned quite a lot about the social history of Paris on that flight in between naps. :naughty:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's try to gather here all the books that Mika has quoted, so if someone wants to read knows whether to find them!!:teehee:

What do you say of it? :wink2:

I start:

Kazuo Ishiguro - Never Let Me Go.

Edgar Allan Poe - The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket.

If this thread has been created already excused me and cancel it!!

Why haven't I seen this thread before...:kachinga: it's about books!

Both books by Kauzo Ishigiro are very special readings. 'Never let me go' is perhaps one of the scariest books I've read and I read a lot. Very slowly it creeps upon you what kind of world this people are living in.

Criminal novels can be scary and SF too but this one starts out as on the surface a story about a girl and her school years, yeah that's what it looks like....

I really recommend it, and it's definitely one of those books you should try to read on its original language, English!:wink2:

btw 'never let me go' is by Kazuo Ishiguro just so everyone has his full name :-D lol i had to read his book 'remains of the day' for my IB English x

Fantastic book wasn't it?

And the film, it's good when they succeed to do a good movie from a book!:thumb_yello:

I really appreciate this thread :thumb_yello: as I am one who tries to get and read all mentionned books by him - by now I'm reading "Alles, was wir geben mussten", the German translation of "Never let me go". I've just beginning with it, but I am a bit shocked by the figure of "Tommy" as I can see clearly Mika himself in it during his own schooldays.

I have never thought about that before but maybe you have a point!:wink2:

• 8 months later...

The magic toyshop by Angela Carter.

I went crazy trying to find for a book by her :mf_rosetinted: And went crazy when reading it in English :mf_rosetinted: And it was SO expensive :mf_rosetinted: But it was good :aah: I've read Wise Children.

I've never seen this thread before, it's cool :thumb_yello:

Edited by sweet.pixie

Hmmmm- rather him than me

I´m starting to read

STREET KID One Child´s Desesperate Fight for Survival

From JUDY WESTWATER .Judy was then taken to South Africa, where her life became unimaginably appalling. Beaten , treated as a slave and subjected to horrifying cruelty escape was her only option. but living on the streets was just as dangerous. Through sheer determination she survived.

I´m not could anything more until i read more.

post-20706-142983694876_thumb.gif

post-20706-142983694873_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Just bumped in this thread yesterday night as I searched a new book to read :aah: so i updated the first post and if someone would like to help me i want to complete all the books that missing seen that our man is a really good reader and meanwhile he read a looot of books :aah:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm reading Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand) , yes I love those loooong philosophic books. By the way, I wonder how much time Mika needed to read it. I'm almost a half year with it!!

Thks for remenbered me.I´m finished The FountainHead (Ayn Ryand)

i think Mika know too i saw a poltrait of the Book with a Woman in a Car. It´s very philosofical but i´m think very materialis too. the fe in autoestim and the suceed for the human man.

I think is a maneatter or manipulater women Dominique Franco and the novell is around her.

i can any pharagraph her.

"They say sound never dies, but travels on in space--what happens to a man's heartbeats?--so many of them in fifty-six years--could they be gathered again, in some sort of condenser, and put to use once more?”

Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

“Every form of happiness is private. Our greatest moments are personal, self-motivated, not to be touched. The things which are sacred or precious to us are the things we withdraw from promiscuous sharing.”

....“Have you felt it too? Have you seen how your best friends love everything about you- except the things that count? And your most important is nothing to them; nothing, not even a sound they can recognize.”

Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

i´m going to read Kill a mocking-bird of Harper Lee a novell of Alabama life i think so...:mikalove:

Edited by mer