Scissor Sisters Cash for Questions about Mika

IngievV

Someone asked this question about Mika to the Scissor Sisters and this was their reply.

Mika - did he steal the Scissor Sisters' camp pop schtick?

AM: (Sarcastically) Yes, of course he did, because we invented it, didn't we> It was never around before we came along so, yeah, we are so mad at you Mika! You thief! Actually, he said in an interview that the Scissor Sisters were mediocre. He got some flak for it and he sent us flowers. The card said: "10s across the board", which was very sweet.

JS: I sent him an email to say thank you. It must be very frustrating for him, because when we first came out we got so tired of being asked about Elton John. I bet he just got tired of every journalist saying: "Do you think you sound like Scissor Sisters?" That would have annoyed me too. But he's made his own mark now.

AM: But still the moral of the story is: It doesn't make your candle burn brighter to piss on somebody else's

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting!

It's good to hear their take on it, and Ana is right. It's a cycle that happens whenever a new act emerges, they get compared to someone else. You just have to go with it, and take it in your stride, even if it does get tiresome.

Interesting.

One question:

What does '10s across the board' mean?

:blush-anim-cl:

Like in a competition, where judges mark you out of 10, Mika gives them all tens:thumb_yello:

SS are a group. Mika is only one man! Of course Mika is better because of that. But I do get sick of the comparisons all the time. If it isn't about SS or EJ, it's about FM.

But I agree with what the SS have said, that Mika has made his own mark now. I also think it was unfair of Mika to call SS mediocre, and I'm really glad he appologised. I think it was probably because he's so sick of the comparisons himself, that he said it in the first place. I'd probably be really p'd off with the comparisons too if I was Mika and would probably say far worse out of anger.

Awww what a good guy sending sorry flowers :thumb_yello: Hope it will make him watch what he says in future!

SOOOOO MIKA he is fibbing again!! :roftl: -are they mediocre or worth all 10's??? (i would say all 10's!! I love them) Nothing to aplogise for saying they are mediocre if that is what he REALLY thinks.

Wonder if WE all get sent 'sorry' flowers for the whole 6" TO-FU 'business' and the only being sold at the event LIE??:sneaky2: ...MIKA my preference is for gerbras and white lilies...MY ADDRESS IS.....:wink2:

Awww what a good guy sending sorry flowers :thumb_yello: Hope it will make him watch what he says in future!

SOOOOO MIKA he is fibbing again!! :roftl: -are they mediocre or worth all 10's??? (i would say all 10's!! I love them) Nothing to aplogise for saying they are mediocre if that is what he REALLY thinks.

Wonder if WE all get sent 'sorry' flowers for the whole 6" TO-FU 'business' and the only being sold at the event LIE??:sneaky2: ...MIKA my preference is for gerbras and white lilies...MY ADDRESS IS.....:wink2:

They've made up long since then, he had Jake dressed up as an animal at T in the Park after that blew up.

You can get the 6" ones from Mikasounds now, it was posted yesterday.:thumb_yello:

lmfao ahhhahaha good one :D very funny Daisy hahaha

You can get the 6" ones from Mikasounds now, it was posted yesterday.:thumb_yello:

Oh lordie, that's exactly what she's upset about! :teehee:

:sneaky2: ...MIKA my preference is for gerbras and white lilies...MY ADDRESS IS.....:wink2:

He personally told us in Tokyo that there were only 300 and they were only available in HK. I'm expecting a personal apology. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh lordie, that's exactly what she's upset about! :teehee:

He personally told us in Tokyo that there were only 300 and they were only available in HK. I'm expecting a personal apology. :mf_rosetinted:

yeah me too

stuff the flowers idea though I want a hug & a kiss:naughty:

:blink: I am a bit confused as to why he sent an apology for calling them mediocre. If he thinks SS are mediocre that's his prerogative; he shouldn't feel the need to back track and send grovelly apologies.

Unless of course he feels as if he was misquoted or misunderstood in some way. In that case, it was good of him to set the record straight.

Nice to see SS being gracious about it all anyway. As they say, the constant comparison thing for new acts is enough to try anyone's patience.

Don't be mad at Mika/Team Mika. In order to sell them, they have to give the impression that there's a limited supply. It's nothing personal; it's just business. :dunno:

It's like on those infomercials where they act like you have 30 seconds to call in and order. False urgency. :thumb_yello:

Someone asked this question about Mika to the Scissor Sisters and this was their reply.

Mika - did he steal the Scissor Sisters' camp pop schtick?

AM: (Sarcastically) Yes, of course he did, because we invented it, didn't we> It was never around before we came along so, yeah, we are so mad at you Mika! You thief! Actually, he said in an interview that the Scissor Sisters were mediocre. He got some flak for it and he sent us flowers. The card said: "10s across the board", which was very sweet.

JS: I sent him an email to say thank you. It must be very frustrating for him, because when we first came out we got so tired of being asked about Elton John. I bet he just got tired of every journalist saying: "Do you think you sound like Scissor Sisters?" That would have annoyed me too. But he's made his own mark now.

AM: But still the moral of the story is: It doesn't make your candle burn brighter to piss on somebody else's

Thanks freak biatch ...very intersting:teehee:

i'm glad to see that there's no more bad blood between mika and the scissor sisters, i didn't know for sure.

i love the scissor sister, too, knew them way before i found mika. i obviously don't need to explain the similarities, but i like to say that mika is mostly g-rated, and the sisters, well, they're the other extreme...:naughty:

i can listen to mika in the car with the kids, and them singing his lines out loud in public won't get me in trouble...also, mika-concerts are fun for kids.

i saw the scissor sisters once, OMG, :blush-anim-cl: ...and i'm blushing because of what happens on stage...:naughty:

great show!

their new album isn't out in the US yet i don't think, but i'm excited and hoping for a tour...:biggrin2:

It's like on those infomercials where they act like you have 30 seconds to call in and order. False urgency. :thumb_yello:

There's more to it than generating a false sense of urgency. If quantities are truly limited it affects the value of the item, so they are generating a false sense of value. If they say that only 300 of these will ever be manufactured but they keep minting as many as they think they can sell, then it's false advertising. They are selling you a rare item and giving you something with diminished value.

But we don't know all the facts at the moment and it's off topic, so... :blush-anim-cl:

Archived