The shrink thread Part 2

southeast

Yeah, well, our first thread being a complete disaster, I am opening a new one in the hope this one will be better than the last one. Actually Sil should be opening this one, but since she's not that often on MFC these days *sigh*, I'll do it.

Why a disaster?

1) No one ever payed me and Sil anything for our shrink services, so we never got that private Mika gig it was all about in the first place. :boxed:

2) In the meantime Sil has dissapeared, so atm I am working like mad here on MFC. Perhaps I shall put a job offer notice? :mf_rosetinted:

3) Also we never managed to cure anyone from their Mikaaddiction, most of the thread members are still lurking around MFC. Except Sil. :shocked: Perhaps she has cured herself? Perhaps I have cured her? Hey, Sil, what about some payment? :roftl:

For all of you who don't know what this thread is all about: you can check out the last thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23549

Here's the disclaimer from the last thread - please read carefully and don't expect too much from us shrinks:

..because we don`t want to get sued by...

Mika fans, parents of Mika fans, Mika family, Mika management, Mika record company, Mika shrink, Mika band, Mika lawyers, Mika puppet, Mika double, Mika boy/girlfriend, Mika dog, not to forget Mika himself

Southeast and I - we are totaly nuts. We don`t know anything about Mika`s personality, his habits or why he acts like he acts - though we are real shrinks in real life. I always laugh at other shrinks in real life who think they can say anything about a celebrity´s personality although they never met him or her or talked to him or her . No professional shrink would do that! So....don´t take anything in this thread serious.

Although we both are trained psychologists in real life we are here just for fun. We are not able to give you counceling or advice via this messageboard. If you feel you need seriously help with something please consult a professional psychologist/doctor who is near you.

Southeast and I were some naughty naughty shrinks spamming the Grumpy-Odd-pic-thread with our elaborated psychological theories about Mika in general, Mikas habit to tell lies (pseudologica phantastica???) and how Mika will be aging (we suggested lotion to prevent wrinkles around his eyes).

We also offer therapy for people suffering from Mika addiction and Mika post gig depression, re-programming Justin Bieber Fans and turning them into Mika fans.

Why do we offer our services? Because we want to get rich so we can afford a privat Mika gig.

:mf_rosetinted:

Yes...we are nuts. all psychologists are!...

So...feel free to lay on our coach and enjoy :-)

Services

Treatment

What if Mika´s toys need treatment? - Learn how to do it

in the Psychiatric Clinic for abused toys.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3008086&postcount=510

Emergency intervention for unexpected gig cancelations

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3043393&postcount=1233

Tests

MIKA Addiction Test - Do I suffer from Mika addiction?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2993207&postcount=15

Mika`s "personality"

Neck touching

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/200911/body-language-secrets-the-neck

Synaesthesia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder...

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3068979&postcount=1595

Multiple personality? What if Mika`s personality would split up...

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3050304&postcount=1470

Mika is a tummy sleeper. What does this say about his personality?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2995757&postcount=151

Mika loves dogs - What does this say about his personality?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2996373&postcount=193

Mika video analysis - eye movement

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3020565&postcount=715

Science

The MIKA post gig depression - explained

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3037020&postcount=1030

Free association

What color do YOU think of when you think Mika?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3028626&postcount=775

What`s in Mika`s bag? - have a guess

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2994330&postcount=87

people think these things are in Mika`s bag:

-germicide

-lotions

-contacts

-i-phone charger

-sexy men pics

-lots of chocolates

-his umbilical cord

-sanitary towels for yasmine

-chewing gum

-his five yorkshire terriers

-a Fernando wig for bad hair days

-tea

-jammie dodgers

-manly green wallet of course-

test tubes to collect smells

-a CD of NEO

-curler

-shaver or wax stripes

-water bottle

-pic of Lilstar

- jelly "Gummi Bear"

- ''Dunny d X NY dFunny but odd''-sleeping pills

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I think this was already answered in the last thread, but here are my two cents. :cheerful_h4h: )

In my opinion, sarcasm is more critical, harsh type of irony. Verbal irony is when you say one thing, but mean the opposite. But sarcasm is more specific because it is usually used to point out a flaw in a person or organization.

For example, saying "It sure is a beautiful day today" when it is actually raining, would be an ironic statement." But saying "I'm so glad you forgot your umbrella." is sarcastic because it is pointing out what someone did wrong.

However, I don't think sarcasm is always mean. When used among friends it is usually understood that you are joking.

Also, this is my first post in this thread, but I love reading all the stuff you guys write! I feel like I'm seeing glimpses of Mika's magnificent mind. :naughty:

(I think this was already answered in the last thread, but here are my two cents. :cheerful_h4h: )

In my opinion, sarcasm is more critical, harsh type of irony. Verbal irony is when you say one thing, but mean the opposite. But sarcasm is more specific because it is usually used to point out a flaw in a person or organization.

For example, saying "It sure is a beautiful day today" when it is actually raining, would be an ironic statement." But saying "I'm so glad you forgot your umbrella." is sarcastic because it is pointing out what someone did wrong.

However, I don't think sarcasm is always mean. When used among friends it is usually understood that you are joking.

Also, this is my first post in this thread, but I love reading all the stuff you guys write! I feel like I'm seeing glimpses of Mika's magnificent mind. :naughty:

Oh, right, that's a good explanation! Thanks! Go on posting here whenever you feel like it! :wink2: I like your username btw. :biggrin2:

I really think there should be some smilies for irony or sarcasm, since they really can get misinterpreted so easily.

Well, let's say for example that Italian people always say I make ironic remarks. Nobody has ever used the word sarcastic to define me. In Italian sarcastic involves bitterness, being nasty. On the other hand irony is seen as positive, something that will make you laugh.

A famous Italian writer, Luigi Pirandello, gave a lot of importance to irony in his literary output. :thumb_yello:

I guess YOU could open a new thread, woman. After all you are Sil's partner here. :wink2:

I suggest adding a link to the first part, so that people who are going to join can check what the thread is really about. :)

I was thinking I should try to post something about that which looked like it came from scientific approach but you were faster and it says very much the same.:wink2:

Here is from the dictionary anyway:

Sarcastic=witty language used to convey insults or scorn

Irony=incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated"

or

a trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs

Good job with the first post SE!:thumb_yello:

hello again :bye:

thank you, southeast, for opening the new thread.

i would really love another poll, you know why? so i can find the thread much easier because it will be marked with the little poll bars...:teehee:

Congrats, SE! Fantabulous first post for part 2! :clap::groovy:

"Sil has cured herself" is priceless! :lol3:

Thank you, that was very clear! :thumb_yello: And welcome! :wink2:

Should you be worried if

your dog is your best friend?

dog-friend-25.jpg

dog-friend-22.jpg

dogfriend38.jpg

80178194.jpg

59747021.jpg

dog-friend-05.jpg

homerrhondahiking.jpg

dog-friend-12.jpg

:lmfao:

I always thought a dalmatian would be the perfect dog for Mika, white and black, very decorative, short hair, good for walks. For me, a G Retriever is a family dog :dunno: There you have some clichees again. :teehee:

I always thought a dalmatian would be the perfect dog for Mika, white and black, very decorative, short hair, good for walks. For me, a G Retriever is a family dog :dunno: There you have some clichees again. :teehee:

Some one --close to me-- recently had to remind me:

"A dog is NOT a fashion accessory!"

He could walk him/her while wearing his black and white jacket from the 1955 Tour. :lol3:

Well, should I be worried that my pets

are purely immaginary?

Perhaps just a tiny bit, Alice. :roftl:

Some one --close to me-- recently had to remind me:

"A dog is NOT a fashion accessory!"

They should tell Paris Hilton. :sneaky2:

He could walk him/her while wearing his black and white jacket from the 1955 Tour. :lol3:

Perhaps just a tiny bit, Alice. :roftl:

Very true! :sneaky2: They had a 'documentary' about it again last week. How the animal shelters are flooded with chihuahuas etc because apparently people don't know what it actually means to have such a dog :sneaky2:

Anyways, to one of the previous questions:

I love my dog more than anything or anyone else atm :pinkbow: But best friend? :dunno: It's different, it's even more I think, she's like my baby :pinkbow: I just love animals. People?... it depends, sometimes not so much :mf_rosetinted: Which reminds me of this sweet video I've seen today.

Very true! :sneaky2: They had a 'documentary' about it again last week. How the animal shelters are flooded with chihuahuas etc because apparently people don't know what it actually means to have such a dog :sneaky2:

Ohhh, don't be so hard on poor Paris.

Perhaps she just didn't know it's a dog. I mean, she thought the white powder they found in her bag is chewing gum, so.... :mf_rosetinted:

Which reminds me of this sweet video I've seen today.

This lion is sooo sweet! Cats (in all sizes) are such lovable creatures.

Ohhh, don't be so hard on poor Paris.

Perhaps she just didn't know it's a dog. I mean, she thought the white powder they found in her bag is chewing gum, so.... :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

She also said this once: the cocaine handbag in her car was not hers, but the guy's who was driving. :blink:

hello again :bye:

thank you, southeast, for opening the new thread.

i would really love another poll, you know why? so i can find the thread much easier because it will be marked with the little poll bars...:teehee:

You're welcome! :biggrin2:

I too would love another poll. But atm I don't have a clue what about... :dunno: Am still searching for a new topic...

Staggers off to worry a tiny bit . . .

worry.jpg

Wow, hey, that's a really good drawing/painting! So expressive! :thumb_yello: How did you make it - with watercolours? I don't know anything about drawing, so excuse my silly question. :teehee:

:naughty:

She also said this once: the cocaine handbag in her car was not hers, but the guy's who was driving. :blink:

Yeah, sure. :naughty:

. . .

Wow, hey, that's a really good drawing/painting! So expressive! :thumb_yello: How did you make it - with watercolours? I don't know anything about drawing, so excuse my silly question. :teehee:

'Tis nice,

but I can accept no credit,

'cause --

arrogance.gif

What a brilliant 1st post Southeast for the 2nd shrink thread..:thumb_yello:

It made me realize how many funny/ serious discussions I have missed in the previous months ..

Anyway, I swear to be more diligent this time

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl: Stick around!

Hey, people. You sure know by now (cause I am ranting about it all the time :teehee:) how I hate those stupid journalists who pose Mika the same ridiculous questions over and over again.

So I was thinking how would I do an interview with him if I had like 1/2 hour of his precious time. You know, critisizing is one thing, but doing it yourself is not that easy...

So I thought I'll copy the "Süddeutsche Zeitung", that's my daily newspaper here in Germany. They have a weekend edition where on the last page there is a big interview with someone interesting. Most of the interviews are very good and every week a different journalist does one. And every interview has one main topic, a different one every time.

So, what would be your one topic with Mika? What would be the one most important thing you want to know from/about him?

My topic would be: "Image". Cause it's all about image with him. F.e.: How he sees himself, how he thinks people/fans/press/his family see him, what image does he want to transport through his music? Image in pop-music. Is his Mika public image the same as his private one. A beautiful topic I think. You can do so much with it...

So, what would be your one topic with Mika? What would be the one most important thing you want to know from/about him?

My topic would be: "Image". Cause it's all about image with him. F.e.: How he sees himself, how he thinks people/fans/press/his family see him, what image does he want to transport through his music? Image in pop-music. Is his Mika public image the same as his private one. A beautiful topic I think. You can do so much with it...

Being a journalist, I have actually contemplated this question. What

would I ask Mika if I had the chance to interview him? Your idea of limiting

the questions to one topic is interesting, yet very challenging, since there

are so many things I would like to know! :naughty: But if I had to ask

about just one topic? Hmmm... the topic of image is a very good one, to be

sure.

But since no one likes a copycat, I guess I have to come up

with my own idea, right? I'd like to concentrate

on his lyrics. Putting on my pseudo-psychologist hat :wink2:

I'd like to know what some of his lyrics actually

*mean* -- quite often when he's asked what a particular song means,

he'll talk about what *inspired* him to write it. For example, Relax was