Mika Mail 29-6-07

CazGirl

Hello again,

With the festival season now in ful swing and after the great success of Glastonbury last weekend, MIKA is in much demand and we've got lots to tell you so without further ado...

Glastonbury Footage

With Glastonbury still fresh in mind, this seems an appropriate place to start. MIKA received some great coverage last weekend and in case you missed any of it good old YouTube captured the key bits.

i-Tunes Festival

MIKA will have the privilege of being the opening act on the month long i-Tunes residency at the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) at the Mall in London. His show on Sunday 1st July will open up the iTunes Festival which will feature a whole host of the finest talent currently on the scene.

Big Girl Details...

We can now bring you further details for the release of MIKA's next single "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" which will be coming out on the 23rd July.

It is available to download now and from the 16th you will be able to download the radio edit. On the 23rd there will be a whole host of exciting remixes that will be eminently collectible and which you can download. These include remixes by Bonde Do Role (big mates of CSS), Tom Middleton, Hick Nurdman, and Lo Li Fink. There will be also be live versions recorded from MIKA's live iTunes show at the ICA (see above), which will be exclusive to iTunes.

On the same day there will be the usual array of CD and vinyl formats to purchase as well. The CD comes with four tracks including the album version of "Big Girl". It will also have a new MIKA track "Insant Martyr", a live version of the Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" recorded in Hong Kong and a Tom Middleton remix of the main track.

The vinyl versions come, as usual, in 7" and 12" formats. The 7" will feature the album version of "Big Girl" and will be backed by a version of The Gossip's indie dancefloor classic "Standing In The Way Of Control" recorded at Radio One's Big Weekend. The 12" version will feature the four remixes of "Big Girl" by Tom Middleton, Bonde Do Role, Lo-Li-Fink and Hick Nurdman.

Talking of "Big Girl"...

You can have a look at the video for the single, where MIKA and his big girl army brought Croydon to a standstill by *clicking here...lol i clicked on the link and it went straight to media player. just go to YouTube!*

Additional Live Dates

MIKA has added two new live dates to his Autumn UK Tour. The new shows will take place at the Manchester Apollo on Tuesday 20th November and Brixton Academy on Tuesday 4th December. The full list of tour dates and contact numbers for tickets is now:

Saturday 17th November - Glasgow Academy (tel: 08700 600 100)

Monday 19th November - Manchester Apollo (0870 401 8000)

Tuesday 20th November - Manchester Apollo (0870 401 8000) *that is NOT a typo*

Thursday 22nd November - Birmingham Academy (0870 771 2000)

Saturday 24th November - Doncaster Dome (0871 2200 260)

Monday 26th November - Newcastle Academy (0870 771 2000)

Wednesday 28 November - Bournemouth BIC (0870 111 3000)

Thursday 29th November - Plymouth Pavilions (0845 146 1460)

Friday 30th November - Brighton Centre (0870 900 9100)

Sunday 2nd December - London Brixton Academy (0870 771 2000/020 7734 8932)

Monday 3rd December - London Hammersmith Apollo (0870 606 3400/020 7734 8932)

Tuesday 4th December - London Brixton Academy (0870 771 2000/020 7734 8932)

You can book tickets here: http://www.seetickets.com/gat/event.asp?e|showname=mika&e|promoter=372&filler1=gigsandtours&filler2=mika

MIKA Art Exhibition

Don't forget that MIKA's debut art exhibition will be open to the public on July 12-14th. The exhibition takes place at the Blink Gallery, Poland Street, London W1.

Well, that's it for the moment guys. Have a good one and see you next time.

Love

MIKA Sounds

ta-duh! they dont say about a signing though...maybe he's not having one...:tears:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice that when you click on the link to win tickets it says competition closed? I clicked on this as soon as I received the email too!:thumbdown:

But the Big Girl stuff is exciting!

hmmm why dont i get these emails?!

have u signed up on his website? i think that's how you get em but im not entirely sure.

tanastic, I am not sure. I think this email may have possibly been sent late.

On the same day there will be the usual array of CD and vinyl formats to purchase as well. The CD comes with four tracks including the album version of "Big Girl". It will also have a new MIKA track "Insant Martyr", a live version of the Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" recorded in Hong Kong and a Tom Middleton remix of the main track.

The vinyl versions come, as usual, in 7" and 12" formats. The 7" will feature the album version of "Big Girl" and will be backed by a version of The Gossip's indie dancefloor classic "Standing In The Way Of Control" recorded at Radio One's Big Weekend. The 12" version will feature the four remixes of "Big Girl" by Tom Middleton, Bonde Do Role, Lo-Li-Fink and Hick Nurdman.

Needless to say I'm really looking forward to it! :thumb_yello:

hmmm why dont i get these emails?!

I was wondering the same thing. I signed up on MikaSounds, and even received a confirmation email. I've never recieved anything since. Even weirder, I tried signing into the Secret Society (which I could get into last month) and they didn't recognize my email address! Maybe I've been kicked out.

Thank you CazGirl for posting this email so the rest of us can read it! :thumb_yello:

have u signed up on his website? i think that's how you get em but im not entirely sure.

I get them, but not as soon as some people on here, maybe he has so many fans it takes ages for the computer to send them all. :naughty:

No problem Da Mango. It only took about ten minutes to copy it all out, especially with this FREAKIN WEIRD KEYBOARD! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

but seriously, it's okay. I knew some people had more trouble with the emails than others, so I thought it was only fair to show it.

Babspanky, we probably do! lol its amazing what fans find out soemtimes...

i think i did....im pretty sure...hmmmm

ill check it out ;)

I was wondering the same thing. I signed up on MikaSounds, and even received a confirmation email. I've never recieved anything since. Even weirder, I tried signing into the Secret Society (which I could get into last month) and they didn't recognize my email address! Maybe I've been kicked out.

I signed up ages ago and I didn't even receive a confirmation mail. :blink:

The vinyl versions come, as usual, in 7" and 12" formats. The 7" will feature the album version of "Big Girl" and will be backed by a version of The Gossip's indie dancefloor classic "Standing In The Way Of Control" recorded at Radio One's Big Weekend.

cool! :original: seems like i have to get the 7", just hope they'll have it on amazon! don't know if you've seen this, it's on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6pDzVAmrmk would love to have this in a good sound quality! :)

thank you Caz, you're precious. i've signed up for the newsletter like 5 times but i've never received a word from them:sneaky2:

a live version of sweet dreams?? wow!!! it would be great if they'd include the video as well..:fisch:

Where did you get that mail from CazGirl?

I'm on the mailing list of Mikasounds but haven't received anything lately. :boxed:

Edit: Oh, apparently I'm not the only one with problems... Weird.

I received this when I joined in:

mikawelcomenote.gif

It will also have a new MIKA track "Insant Martyr", a live version of the Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" recorded in Hong Kong and a Tom Middleton remix of the main track.

:yay: can't wait to hear the new version :biggrin2:

Thanks so much for sharing this Caz! (I also signed up and never got anything after the first email.)

Hmm... Will "Standing in the Way of Control" be available to download though? It doesn't do me much good if it's just on vinyl...

--Jack