Mika at Kayne West's afterparty

paula.pop

big20070821set056760broeo8.jpg

big20070821set056760broeo8.fc804a2f6b.jpg

http://bigcelebblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/kanyes-afterparty.html

Kanye West had an after-party at Mahiki Club for his private intimate concert which was at the County Hall in Westminster. Mika and Rihanna were both in attendance. Mika left within minutes complaining about the music! However, Rihanna went onto Stringfellows with Kanye until the early hours of the morning. As Kanye left Stringfellows, he tripped over a girl on the floor!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kayne wasn't going to be in my top zillion fav artists anyway.

not loseing sleep over it.

and not all music is everyone's cup of tea.

some people don't even like tea

some people might not even like the cup

(i'm going now)

Why does it seem to be so hard to realize that to even make it to someone's AFTERparty, one must have stayed for the concert, and thus Mika must like Kanye's music, just not whatever was playing at the club where the afterparty was held?

Directing all hate towards the club would be much more appropriate, if one needs to hate or dislike anything.

--Jack

I have to agree with Jack on this one. I have no grudge against Kanye West. I like some songs, but he'll never be my favorite artist and perhaps Mika felt the same way about the music that was played during the afterparty. I mean, when I'm somewhere and the music is rubbish, I'm not gonna waste my time there sitting in a corner but I'll go to a place where there is good music. I don't get the big deal:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

I prefer the cup.

tea isn't my favorite thing.

i realize that was a rhetorical question, just felt like being stupid and answering it. :naughty:

lol! well... i wanted you to answer it!! lol

i like the cup too

i hate the tea:roftl:

i have no grudes on kayne. jack was right, but why should it matter??

i mean, what he might hate could be something you love. visa versa.

does that mean you'd change to be like him???:blink:

I agree with Jack too.

If Mika was at the after party then i'm assuming he was at the concert.

and who knows what music they were playing at the after party? It doesn't necessarily mean Kanye's music was being played and that Mika hates his music.

Kanye's no feminist, but i like and respect his music.

lol! well... i wanted you to answer it!! lol

i like the cup too

i hate the tea:roftl:

i have no grudes on kayne. jack was right, but why should it matter??

i mean, what he might hate could be something you love. visa versa.

does that mean you'd change to be like him???:blink:

nope. not at all.:biggrin2:

Why does it seem to be so hard to realize that to even make it to someone's AFTERparty, one must have stayed for the concert, and thus Mika must like Kanye's music, just not whatever was playing at the club where the afterparty was held?

Directing all hate towards the club would be much more appropriate, if one needs to hate or dislike anything.

--Jack

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Too funny!!

Let me also add:

Even in the event that Mika DID hate Kanye's music (which seems to be exactly NOT the case, as he went to the concert hence he probably DOES like it), do people then automatically have to say 'if Mika dislikes his music, so do I'??

Whatever happened to having our own opinions?

I find that quite shocking to be honest.:shocked:

Yes. Exactly my thoughts. There are a million reasons Mika could have left anyway, as well. Who gives.

the reporters just love make up the story by what they thought but not pursue the truth

it's so easy to kill someone using their own pens

they should write fiction instead as they are too creative on this :thumbdown:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1192/big20070821set056760broeo8.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1192/big20070821set056760broeo8.fc804a2f6b.jpg

Kanye West had an after-party at Mahiki Club for his private intimate concert which was at the County Hall in Westminster. Mika and Rihanna were both in attendance. Mika left within minutes complaining about the music! However, Rihanna went onto Stringfellows with Kanye until the early hours of the morning. As Kanye left Stringfellows, he tripped over a girl on the floor!!

Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

x

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Too funny!!

Let me also add:

Even in the event that Mika DID hate Kanye's music (which seems to be exactly NOT the case, as he went to the concert hence he probably DOES like it), do people then automatically have to say 'if Mika dislikes his music, so do I'??

Whatever happened to having our own opinions?

I find that quite shocking to be honest.:shocked:

I agree. On a recent interview he said he liked Umbrella, which I can't stand, and I'm certainly not changing my mind because Mika said he likes it.

Everyone has their own tastes and they should stay true to themselves, although there is a lot of music that I like that Mika has said he likes too, but I had already liked it before I found he did, and it was nice to know we share some musical taste.

For example, Kanye as we are on the subject. I've liked his music from the first album, I thought he was different to most other rappers, his subject matter was based around his accident and his family, not the bling and going out shooting people. It was refreshing.

I know it must be tempting to to love everything that Mika does but I'm sure he wouldn't want that, I'm sure he would want people to have their own likes and dislikes, as being original is what makes people different from each other.

kayne wasn't going to be in my top zillion fav artists anyway.

not loseing sleep over it.

and not all music is everyone's cup of tea.

some people don't even like tea

some people might not even like the cup

(i'm going now)

:roftl: :roftl: That's gold. :thumb_yello:

According to this review, Im not really blaming him for leaving... If the gossip's true. (How would I know?) :yay:

Kanye West likes teddy bears, hates George Bush and makes great records (and if you don't agree then up yours), but can he cut it live? Er, not really, as our reviewer found out.

There was a tiresome familiarity to Kanye West's secret gig at Westminster's Central Hall last night. As any hip hop fan will attest, after a while you become used to getting short-changed by rap artists' live shows, but the self-proclaimed Louis Vuitton Don's performance last night, filmed as part of the Vodafone TBA live music season, was as sloppy and badly-conceived as any we've seen.

Despite the now-obligatory delay, which on this occasion ran to 75 minutes, Kanye still managed to miss his first cue, pulling up the opening song to widespread booing. What eventually followed differed little from the kind of indecipherable mush you can hear coming from a phone on public transport any day of the week.

Older songs like 'Diamonds From Sierra Leone', 'All Falls Down', and current number one 'Stronger', were greeted with enthusiasm, but even that took coaching. Kanye stopped 'Diamonds...' mid-song to ask that the audience throw their hands in the air "so it looks good on TV".

Another new song, 'Can't Tell Me Nothin', was teased out to an interminable length and, when Kanye announced, to an audible groan from the audience, that he was going to do the opening song again, people began heading for the exits. One journalist we spoke to afterwards said that only the thought of upsetting the all-important sponsor was preventing him from giving the show a pasting.

We don't have to worry about that, so if Kanye or his people happen to read this, we'd be grateful if they'd take the following points on board:

When your advertised stage time is 8pm, try being on the ****ing stage at 8pm or thereabouts, and not 9.15pm. If you must roll up late, make sure you know something about stagecraft when you do; running from one side of the stage to the other does not constitute a compelling live show, nor does chucking in a handful of lasers just because you heard that Daft Punk did the same thing. Furthermore, if you're going to hire a 30-piece string section, you might want to rehearse them. Better still, hire a sound-tech good enough to make them audible to more than a quarter of the audience, otherwise you just end up with a lot of expensive set-dressing.

If you expect people to pay money to see you perform (last night was free) then we politely suggest that you try putting a bit more ****ing work in. Your records may be excellent but, after last night's fiasco, if you were performing in my back garden, I'd draw the blinds.

big20070821set056760broeo8.jpg

big20070821set056760broeo8.fc804a2f6b.jpg

One of the things that bothered me most about this article, Mika bashing aside, was that they say 'Rihanna went onto Stringfellows bla until the early hours...' as if it's some sort of gret achievement!

I'd NEVER be dragged to a place like Stringfellow's! Just for the principle of it, so I hate the fact that they try and make it sound like it was 'cool' of her to do so.......I've got a problem with strip joints and it has nothing to do with morality (I'm actually quite liberal in my views), it's got more to do with self respect and so..