Does Mika Make You Sick?

JackViolet

I've been chatting with DaMango recently, who told me that the day after seeing Mika live, she came down with a sore throat, congestion, cough, and general illness, and still hasn't fully recovered. As I complained to some of you, I got sick with the same thing myself right after the DC concert. And supposedly some other people have gotten sick too. Of course, we can't really blame it on Mika, but we kind of want to.

So the question is, does Mika make one sick? Should there be a fan health advisory? And if he does, how?

Not all the people who got sick had a lot of up-close and personal time with Mika, so here are some of my hypotheses:

1) His music is literally "infectious," spreading Mika sickness far and wide. "Catchy" pop tunes indeed!

2) Mika is so extraordinary that he has super-germs, able to infect people from many feet away by sheer power of their super energy. We've seen how he jumps all over the stage even when under the weather--now imagine his germs doing the same thing!

3) He spits on people in the first rows like a camel, and everyone is just too caught up in the moment to notice. (Credit to Yoppappop for this lovely idea.)

What can you do about this? I am not sure, but I think drinking small amounts of his recovered Mystery Juice for inoculation purposes may help.

--Jack

(Yes, yes, we probably just got sick from all the germs flying about in the general crowd. That's not fun though.)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3) He spits on people in the first rows like a camel, and everyone is just too caught up in the moment to notice. (Credit to Yoppappop for this lovely idea.)

:roftl: :roftl: That just gave me a hilarious mental image. :biggrin2:

I wouldn't mind getting sick from him. It would be a bless. If MIKA has some type of cold or something else I would let him know that in order for him to feel better he needs to give his saliva to someone else. I'll be the first in line:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

I wouldn't mind getting sick from him. It would be a bless. If MIKA has some type of cold or something else I would let him know that in order for him to feel better he needs to give his saliva to someone else. I'll be the first in line:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Ewwwww. Well trust us, DaMango and I both agree it's not very fun!

Though if you went to one of his concerts you may have gotten his saliva on you anyway--he spits like camel, remember? :naughty:

New slogan: Mika--The Curiously Contagious Poptart.

--Jack

oh my! jack!

i didnt get sick....

i only collapsed from exhaustion!:naughty:

*mumbles to self*

:shocked: why didn't i get sick??

he laid his head on mine!

surely his germs must have gotten on me??:blink:

this is SO not fair!

I KNOW! IT'S NOT FAIR!

WE HUGGED TWICE.

I WANT THE MIKA FLU

*pouts* *stomps feet*

:sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Yes, my cousin caught his cold in chicago lol...

Ah good! More people stepping up with stories of their Mika sickness! Really, this boy is an epidemic!

Tootch, I'm sorry you didn't get sick, but I'd be glad to come around and cough on you if you like. Next time, try to hug him more, and you may also have a miserable week with a chest cold!

--Jack

Amen Jack! I've been sick for a week after seeing Mika. I still can't stop coughing, and I just regained my ability to breathe through my nose.

I blame him, because it's much easier than blaming myself. :naughty: I vote for theory #3! :bleh:

I drank his juice! After the Chicago concert, I got the 'half-empty' that he already drank from and he was supposed to have a chest infection but I didn't catch it! My throat did feel a little sore the next morning, but that's probably because I screamed my lungs out all throughout the concert.

I am sort of "sick in love" though...

:wub2:

I've been chatting with DaMango recently, who told me that the day after seeing Mika live, she came down with a sore throat, congestion, cough, and general illness, and still hasn't fully recovered. As I complained to some of you, I got sick with the same thing myself right after the DC concert. And supposedly some other people have gotten sick too. Of course, we can't really blame it on Mika, but we kind of want to.

So the question is, does Mika make one sick? Should there be a fan health advisory? And if he does, how?

Not all the people who got sick had a lot of up-close and personal time with Mika, so here are some of my hypotheses:

1) His music is literally "infectious," spreading Mika sickness far and wide. "Catchy" pop tunes indeed!

2) Mika is so extraordinary that he has super-germs, able to infect people from many feet away by sheer power of their super energy. We've seen how he jumps all over the stage even when under the weather--now imagine his germs doing the same thing!

What can you do about this? I am not sure, but I think drinking small amounts of his recovered Mystery Juice for inoculation purposes may help.

--Jack

(Yes, yes, we probably just got sick from all the germs flying about in the general crowd. That's not fun though.)

I've the psychological explanation. I'm studying this phenomenon since Milan concert, in April, since I had, before, during and after the concert a strange behaviour. I've read a lot about it to write a semi-serious essay...soon you can find it on myspace page, I'll notify you when i post it in my blog :biggrin2:

I drank his juice! After the Chicago concert, I got the 'half-empty' that he already drank from and he was supposed to have a chest infection but I didn't catch it! My throat did feel a little sore the next morning, but that's probably because I screamed my lungs out all throughout the concert.

Well, that's because the juice serves to inoculate you, as I said! You will be immune to Mika germs if you drink a bit of it.

As for the rest of you, I heartily encourage those among you who are also all sniffly and feverish thanks to our damn infectious poptart to come forward and state your case.

And no, I didn't mean it that way--you pervos! :naughty:

--Jack

Interesting idea Jack :roftl: .

He even made me sick just by thinking of him. In April I planned to go to Bremen to meet Vally (and Mika) and I got so sick the day before that I wasn't able to go. How could that be explained? I might have cought something in Berlin which was just 4 days before the other date. Or some of his super-germs survived in my bag and were resurrected by the thought of him :blink: . He scares me! I think he should eat more apples (or maybe it's the apples that make his germs invincible :shocked: )

. He scares me! I think he should eat more apples (or maybe it's the apples that make his germs invincible :shocked: )

Ohhhh, maybe! You know, I think I am the only one of the DC group who got sick, and I was also the only one--gasp!--to have him autograph an apple. And if you look at the group MFC photo with deb's poster carefully, you'll see that I signed the poster with an apple doodle by my name as well. Clearly apples must be the missing ingredient that give Mika's germs their potency!

Now we just need to know if apples were at all involved in DaMango's tragic cold-catching incident... or maybe it was her name? Mangos are kind of like apples... It must be fruit!

--Jack

Back in march I was at his gig in Montreal, and I had a sore throat and no voice the next day and I don't remember screaming that much... maybe he has an effect on memory too!:blink: (and now I'm kinda happy I didn't met him!)