Mika - Slicker than the Average

titania

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that was an interesting read, titania! thx for posting! I love the bit about putting so much effort int packaging that "no one" looks at.. i so understand him. i am a control freak too, one tries one's best to improve but it's not easy.. :boxed:

plus, it's NOT wasted time cause he's a lot of artistic potential to share with the world, the artwork exhibition will speak that out loud. sigh! I'd so much like to see that in person.. :boxed:

Oh, nice, by now the media seem to recognize that he's also intelligent and not only that colorful dressed guy who doesn't reveal his chicken *yawn* :thumb_yello:

I almost refused to read any further after I had seen that they got the age wrong...LOL, good that I did :wink2:

Thank you; titania! :flowers2:

After a while, you realise that Mika is someone highly intelligent - not a bright-eyed eager beaver who aims to please. Unlike many people who share the spotlight these days who are of the same age or so, Mika actually makes use of the media platform available to him, which is terribly refreshing.

Besides, he dresses well and he makes good music. What's there not to like?

Nothing!!!!!!! :punk:

Great article!!!!

Let's take a moment and ponder upon how long it'll be till his sisters launch a clothing label with Mika endorsing it.

first of all i loved this interview and second i would so buy clothes from a clothing line by mika and his sisters lol

They DO seem to be fond of either making him out to be a cute bright-eyed puppy starlet or an entirely coldly constructed, almost-manipulative media-machine... he's not exactly either, and I'm not too pleased with the article because it stresses the second point too much. (Mika's certainly thought this career and public presentation through, and he is very very good at taking opportunities as they are presented to him, but that is not to say he isn't genuine or spontaneous in interviews either!)

Oh well. His intelligence does make him hard to pin down--and is a bit scary to journalists because he is entirely capable of pulling the wool over everybody's eyes if he wishes--fans included.

--Jack

We cannot deny that there IS a huge, powerfull and very clever marketing concept behind it all, otherwise he'd never got that target group he has by now.

But he also is what he is as a person and I have difficulty finding any other words for that than amazing and awesome (to be used at least twice per post - LOL). After all I think to me he will always be a mystery. And what mystery! :biggrin2:

And what do you mean by wool, Jack? Any knitting ideas? :naughty:

They DO seem to be fond of either making him out to be a cute bright-eyed puppy starlet or an entirely coldly constructed, almost-manipulative media-machine... he's not exactly either, and I'm not too pleased with the article because it stresses the second point too much. (Mika's certainly thought this career and public presentation through, and he is very very good at taking opportunities as they are presented to him, but that is not to say he isn't genuine or spontaneous in interviews either!)

Oh well. His intelligence does make him hard to pin down--and is a bit scary to journalists because he is entirely capable of pulling the wool over everybody's eyes if he wishes--fans included.

--Jack

his intellegence is brilliant, and the fact that he doesnt let anything get to him, he can be very powerful

And what do you mean by wool, Jack? Any knitting ideas? :naughty:

Hahah, no, not like that. But people keep saying "oh yes, he's so smart, boo journalists, we love our Mika!" but they don't seem to realize that "our Mika" does not exist. (As in, he is neither ours, nor do we know as much about him as some of like to think, really.) And that if he is so smart, it's a distinct possibility that most of what we know about him is in fact a very good act. (It may not be. But it might.) After all, I don't think most of us are all that much smarter than the so-called "stupid journalists." :naughty:

--Jack

I totally agree. I love the bit about all the effort(time/money) that goes into packaging and the effort totally being missed because of how easy accessible the internet is to everyone. People miss the whole experience that the artist is trying to share with them. I felt bad after i read that because i know that is totally me, in terms of being a person to misses the whole experience that the artist is trying to give me. I'm always downloading music from the internet of my favorite artist. I stopped buying cds when i was 15. Isn't that scary? I mean it saves money but i think the main point Mika was trying to make was that if we have the technology to make more advanced digital devices that can include all the work of the artist and still give us the same benefits then, why not? I doubt that it would be completely free but i'm sure that everyone would be happy in the end. :thumb_yello: