Mika New Release - Daily Mail Review

Maybe i sounded harsh, but it irritates me to see how some dishonest people use what they get via promo-deals to make money out of fans. Same thing with ticks, autographs, demos etc etc.

aaawww the poor little fans who dont have any free will

come on , no one is poiting a gun at anyone to FORCE them to buy anything

and yes i care to xplain because i hate to xplain, its just that MFC is everywhere, always running, asking , craving, waiting for a bone or a sugar like a dog and imposing itself all the time, i think its too much, thats how i feel it. you have the meet and greet, you have MS to interact and also the gigs and an email address to send your questions, isnt it enough, really??

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and yes i care to xplain because i hate to xplain, its just that MFC is everywhere, always running, asking , craving, waiting for a bone or a sugar like a dog and imposing itself all the time, i think its too much, thats how i feel it. you have the meet and greet, you have MS to interact and also the gigs and an email address to send your questions, isnt it enough, really??

This is rubbish ......

For fanclubs this IS expected

Whats the point of having a fanclub then?

OK ..we are a forum then and dont expect ...

Well from what I know, the record companies give free dvds to the press so that the journalists write critics and indeed promote the stuff.

Problem is, if these free dvds end up on ebay, all the profits will go to the dishonest people who are selling them, not to the record company, hence not to the artist.

Only real fans would actually look for this Mika dvd on ebay and purchase it form here. So we can assume these real fans won't buy any "official" version later since they have one already --> $$ loss for Meeks.

Of course, in this particular case, a dvd or two won't make a difference and I doubt Mika will have to beg on the streets to feed himself. But it's just the principle of it that I don't really like.

I believe the people who would buy a promo are the people who would buy the dvd when it comes out as well - there are people who have all versions of everything :mf_rosetinted: Not that I'm one of them, I am proud to announce that I will not buy the dvd - I might watch it if someone puts it on somewhere as I did with the last one though :mf_rosetinted:

Surprisingly enough I do partly agree with you on this: in an ideal world we should just be happy with the music and the gigs. After all, that's Mika's job, he "owes" us nothing more.

But like FD said, what was the point making us official then? (and he had no gun pointed at him when he bought us, imo) When you decide to do something, you don't stop halfway. Other official fanclubs do have perks, we get barely nothing. I don't like begging, but asking sthg gently doesnt hurt. If he tells us to sod off, fair enough.

This is rubbish ......

For fanclubs this IS expected

Whats the point of having a fanclub then?

OK ..we are a forum then and dont expect ...

why are you acting so rubbish?

basically the point of having a fanclub was to be connected a little bit more to Mika, then time has passed and Mika has chosen to be connected to his fans through different places (MS)...so now yes, this place is a forum where people can chat based on the liking of Mika, it makes sense to me

I believe the people who would buy a promo are the people who would buy the dvd when it comes out as well - there are people who have all versions of everything :mf_rosetinted: Not that I'm one of them, I am proud to announce that I will not buy the dvd - I might watch it if someone puts it on somewhere as I did with the last one though :mf_rosetinted:

I didn't think people would buy two similar items...

Oh and I'm proud to announce I won't buy the dvd either. I'll ask it for Xmas tho :naughty: Do u wanna come over and we'll watch it together eating pudding? :wink2:

Well from what I know, the record companies give free dvds to the press so that the journalists write critics and indeed promote the stuff.

Problem is, if these free dvds end up on ebay, all the profits will go to the dishonest people who are selling them, not to the record company, hence not to the artist.

Only real fans would actually look for this Mika dvd on ebay and purchase it form here. So we can assume these real fans won't buy any "official" version later since they have one already --> $$ loss for Meeks.

Of course, in this particular case, a dvd or two won't make a difference and I doubt Mika will have to beg on the streets to feed himself. But it's just the principle of it that I don't really like.

I agree with you on that particular ebay issue, no doubt about that.

I see that people are having issues with the dvd being out there and tiny parts of it being revealed for various reasons.

Just personally,

• I don't find it surprising that some of the content is out there now, once promo dvds have been given out.
  • I don't think that, like you said already, a couple of dvds leaked can cause serious financial damage
  • I still think it's useful advertising :naughty:
  • I think Blue Eyes had only the nicest intentions giving an insight
  • I don't think I die now as I know that Aurélien is in it and Sariflor can be spotted
  • I'm convinced, Mika wouldn't spend much time begging on the streets before someone picks him up :bleh:

Surprisingly enough I do partly agree with you on this: in an ideal world we should just be happy with the music and the gigs. After all, that's Mika's job, he "owes" us nothing more.

But like FD said, what was the point making us official then? (and he had no gun pointed at him when he bought us, imo) When you decide to do something, you don't stop halfway. Other official fanclubs do have perks, we get barely nothing. I don't like begging, but asking sthg gently doesnt hurt. If he tells us to sod off, fair enough.

its not just the gigs and music...you have much MORE, you have MS, the blogs, the meet and greet, wow, thats a lot, dont you think??

when i see all the links on MS about the MFC, i feel a bit ashamed, its like kind of disrespectful to me, he knows this place already, if he wants to come or do anything about, he knows how to do it...

basically the point of having a fanclub was to be connected a little bit more to Mika, then time has passed and Mika has chosen to be connected to his fans through different places (MS)...so now yes, this place is a forum where people can chat based on the liking of Mika, it makes sense to me

The purpose of a fanclub is to look after the fans .... true???

I would "expect" more .... thats all Im saying

Your posts are quite cutting sometimes .. take it back as well :wink2:

I agree with your comments though , the point of a fanclub is to be more connected .. this is true

But we still have to deal with all the rubbish of not being able to express this or that on an official fan-forum. I was one of the few people not to sign that petition, cause I don't like my freedom limited this way, but we were made official and now I have to deal with the people who think that being official means we have to kiss his ass on every given occasion - IMO that sucks and if I don't get perks to make up for that then I get incredibly annoyed!

its not just the gigs and music...you have much MORE, you have MS, the blogs, the meet and greet, wow, thats a lot, dont you think??

when i see all the links on MS about the MFC, i feel a bit ashamed, its like kind of disrespectful to me, he knows this place already, if he wants to come or do anything about, he knows how to do it...

mmmmmmm ........

I agree again with you ...

Lets wait and see :thumb_yello:

• I agree with you on that particular ebay issue, no doubt about that.
  • I see that people are having issues with the dvd being out there and tiny parts of it being revealed for various reasons.
  • Just personally,
  • I don't find it surprising that some of the content is out there now, once promo dvds have been given out.
  • I don't think that, like you said already, a couple of dvds leaked can cause serious financial damage
  • I don't think I die now as I know that Aurélien is in it and Sariflor can be spotted
  • I'm convinced, Mika wouldn't spend much time begging on the streets before someone picks him up :bleh:

:roftl:

as for why he bought this place.. wouldn't you be mika and have a site about you that talks about you 24/7 (almost), and you'd not want to have any sort of control over it..? I'm talking about the ownership sense of the word, not the censore one.:fisch:

it could be mika's plans over this site, it could be not. I dunno, no one does really.

I didn't think people would buy two similar items...

Oh and I'm proud to announce I won't buy the dvd either. I'll ask it for Xmas tho :naughty: Do u wanna come over and we'll watch it together eating pudding? :wink2:

Hell yeah :yay: Gahh I'll probably be in Belgium in December, but before Christmas :doh::roftl:

:roftl:

as for why he bought this place.. wouldn't you be mika and have a site about you that talks about you 24/7 (almost), and you'd not want to have any sort of control over it..? I'm talking about the ownership sense of the word, not the censore one.:fisch:

it could be mika's plans over this site, it could be not. I dunno, no one does really.

This way, he's on the safe side. After having bought 'us' :lmfao: he can still lean back, wait and see what happens and then decide (or not) at some point in the future what to do. :naughty:

That's okay, it's his decision to keep interaction in a more neutral and safe place, where he can approve comments one by one (even if this is not exactly how he does it, he still could) We all know that this place can be a bit unpredictable at times and Mika likes to plan things :bleh:

I need a gig.

I cant think of ONE fanclub / forum or whatever you want to call it where the clips / exclusive or whatever subject included isnt shown to the fans first

Whether we want that or not is another issue but its protocol ......

U2 / Queen / Bon Jovi / Killers .. just to name a few that I have seen do this

For it to come out of ebay just seems wrong .. NOT to the MFCers involved ! But to the professionalism as a team

I can't speak for U2, Bon Jovi or the Killers but I know members of the Queen fan club pay £18.00 a year to be a member so I guess they deserve all the perks they get. And to be fair they do get looked after very well (pre-sales on tickets, best seats etc) Perhaps this is something MIKA's people should consider.

I agree with you on that particular ebay issue, no doubt about that.

I see that people are having issues with the dvd being out there and tiny parts of it being revealed for various reasons.

Just personally,

I'm not surprised either... these things always happen.

Now, I also think BE had only the nicest intentions and just wanted to share what she saw with aurélien and the rest of us.

So, I would like to apologize to BE if she took what I said personally. I didn't mean to offend you, BE. I'm just easily irritated by all this ebay stupid business and these journalists who sell the stuff they get to earn an extra few bucks. Even if it doesnt affect Mika at all, it's just wrong, imo. I'm not blaming you for buying, I'm blaming these people for selling.

I can't speak for U2, Bon Jovi or the Killers but I know members of the Queen fan club pay £18.00 a year to be a member so I guess they deserve all the perks they get. And to be fair they do get looked after very well (pre-sales on tickets, best seats etc) Perhaps this is something MIKA's people should consider.

Well this is true , also thinking of it .. you had to join the U2 fanclub to get those perks .. this is another kettle of fish talking point

Valid and unknown at this stage

... off topic .. The Queen fansite is run very very well ..:thumb_yello:

Hell yeah :yay: Gahh I'll probably be in Belgium in December, but before Christmas :doh::roftl:

Don't worry, hopefully it'll be on youtube by then and we'll still be able to watch it :naughty:

Seriously, I agree with what's been said earlier. Being official without being really official puts extra pressure on everyone and we get nothing (or little) in return, so yes, I do find it irritating at times. But I keep on hoping things will change for the best.

Don't worry, hopefully it'll be on youtube by then and we'll still be able to watch it :naughty:

Seriously, I agree with what's been said earlier. Being official without being really official puts extra pressure on everyone and we get nothing (or little) in return, so yes, I do find it irritating at times. But I keep on hoping things will change for the best.

:naughty::naughty: that's a date then :lmfao:

I agree here totally!!

We SHOULD be asking!!! , Madrid was an example and it happened .

We should not have to ask though and this is my whole point , we should be getting these as a matter of course.

Its not even demanding its just how things should happen

Look after your fans :wink2:

Amen to that Freddie!:thumb_yello:

I really agree!

The little I,ve seen and heard of Mika this is sadly enough just how he does with so many things!:wink2:

This way, he's on the safe side. After having bought 'us' :lmfao: he can still lean back, wait and see what happens and then decide (or not) at some point in the future what to do. :naughty:

That's okay, it's his decision to keep interaction in a more neutral and safe place, where he can approve comments one by one (even if this is not exactly how he does it, he still could) We all know that this place can be a bit unpredictable at times and Mika likes to plan things :bleh:

I need a gig.

What you're saying here makes me a little tempted to try out where the limits or borders really ends.

What are we allowed to say or do and still be the official fan club?:naughty:

I won’t do it though, I way too polite, read yellow, but I can’t help being curious.:blush-anim-cl:

Oh well, it’s probably impossible to follow my thoughts…:roftl:

I sooo need a gig too!

thats sad.

im not a communist or anything but because of that kind of fan clubs you have to buy your tickets months in advance, all the spontaneity is lost, you cant possibly have a good place if you are not a hardcore fan= if you dont pay for it and if you decide to go on the last minute, i dont like the whole idea, its like belonging to a community, it sucks, music becomes a service of entertainment and not some kind of art anymore...im absolutely against it.

I'm not surprised either... these things always happen.

Now, I also think BE had only the nicest intentions and just wanted to share what she saw with aurélien and the rest of us.

So, I would like to apologize to BE if she took what I said personally. I didn't mean to offend you, BE. I'm just easily irritated by all this ebay stupid business and these journalists who sell the stuff they get to earn an extra few bucks. Even if it doesnt affect Mika at all, it's just wrong, imo. I'm not blaming you for buying, I'm blaming these people for selling.

The problem is that with an artist as famous as Mika now is, some bootlegging is bound to happen. It's simmilar, I suppose, to the problems with his unreleased demo songs. I just think the fans should think about what they are doing when they buy the ebay stuff. If they do buy one because they are impatient, maybe they could think of buying a legitimate DVD when it comes out, as a present for someone else.

But no one can stop the bootleggers. The internet is too huge. But I'm sure Mika will sell many DVDs. He just needs to make certain that this DVD get's advertised well. The other did not. I only saw one advert for it on TV, but loads of adverts for Amy Winehouse's DVD, and Take That's DVD. IMO this is were Mika could increase sales, by making certain his products are advertised well.

thats sad.

im not a communist or anything but because of that kind of fan clubs you have to buy your tickets months in advance, all the spontaneity is lost, you cant possibly have a good place if you are not a hardcore fan= if you dont pay for it and if you decide to go on the last minute, i dont like the whole idea, its like belonging to a community, it sucks, music becomes a service of entertainment and not some kind of art anymore...im absolutely against it.

You dont like it but that the buisness and that the way it "generally" works.

Im totally for it , fans should get benefits