Mika New Release - Daily Mail Review

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FABBY! , two good things there , one is the EP and the other he will work on a new album :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

YES!!!!!!!

I almost feel bad wanting new material so soon, but I really really do. I'm not saying LICM was a bad album, it just left me wanting more. A lot more. That's a good thing, right? It means he's no one hit wonder.

I'm also looking forward to hearing him explore more aspects of his musicianship. I enjoyed his outtakes because they showed a more serious side of Mika, which might attract an even larger audience. Some people who were put off by the cartoony lightheartedness of this album might become fans after hearing his other work. Just my thoughts.

YES!!!!!!!

I almost feel bad wanting new material so soon, but I really really do. I'm not saying LICM was a bad album, it just left me wanting more. A lot more. That's a good thing, right? It means he's no one hit wonder.

I'm also looking forward to hearing him explore more aspects of his musicianship. I enjoyed his outtakes because they showed a more serious side of Mika, which might attract an even larger audience. Some people who were put off by the cartoony lightheartedness of this album might become fans after hearing his other work. Just my thoughts.

Yeh I totally agree with the "cartoony lightheartedness" , I think the 2nd album will be very different , leading to more anthem songs ...... just my feeling

Nice comments:thumb_yello:

Yeh I totally agree with the "cartoony lightheartedness" , I think the 2nd album will be very different , leading to more anthem songs ...... just my feeling

Nice comments:thumb_yello:

Thanks man. :biggrin2:

I'm a lover of moody eccentric artists, and I think Mika has the potential to be on that list. :wink2:

Totally , the 2nd album will be so interesting , i dont think you will see a song like "lollipop" on there , it worked for his debut , I think it will be much stronger and have things like any other world etc on .

His 2nd album will be so important for him

Totally , the 2nd album will be so interesting , i dont think you will see a song like "lollipop" on there , it worked for his debut , I think it will be much stronger and have things like any other world etc on .

His 2nd album will be so important for him

Haha! I'm already behind his second album 100% and I don't even know what it's about yet! :roftl: I have THAT much faith in him as an artist. From the moment I first laid eyes on him, I knew he was far more brilliant than he was letting on. After listening to LICM in its entirety I thought, "This kid's got a lot more up his sleeves..."

Hey Freddie, I say we start Mika's "Sophomore Album Support Squad"! :biggrin2:

Haha! I'm already behind his second album 100% and I don't even know what it's about yet! :roftl: I have THAT much faith in him as an artist. From the moment I first laid eyes on him, I knew he was far more brilliant than he was letting on. After listening to LICM in its entirety I thought, "This kid's got a lot more up his sleeves..."

Hey Freddie, I say we start Mika's "Sophomore Album Support Squad"! :biggrin2:

Ohh yeh ! , i likes the album support idea :roftl:

I agree , sod the critics , the 2nd album is going to be amazing , the first one was superb and he was an unknown , I think it will go quiet early part of 2008 while he writes then it live parrtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:biggrin2:

Exciting news! I rather like the idea of Five (or Six?) Songs of Sorrow. So very William Blake. Where did Mika say this title, though? Was it a filmed interview, or a written on? I'd never heard this.

--Jack

I can't remember where I have seen, heard or read it but I do remember he said something like doing an EP for Zorro. LOL Just sad songs. Let's hope for Overrated.

Ok, an EP for Zorro sounds rather like a joke. :bleh: But I do like the self-conscious retro title. In any case, his demos would go very well for Songs of Sorrow:

1. Overrated

2. I'm Falling

3. Intoxicated

4. You Made Me

5. Loverboy

6. Holy Johnny/Instant martyr (it's on the Big Girl single but it could show up again)/Some other song.

Hope this isn't just a rumor! I would loooove for it to be his demos.

--Jack

OMG. If that ends up being the tracklist, I will faint! :mf_lustslow: I would rub it all the naysayers' faces and say, "Look! He's a genius, you fools! I told you so!"

I would like to see Your Sympathy on there, but I can get it on the Japanese release.

Ok, an EP for Zorro sounds rather like a joke. :bleh: But I do like the self-conscious retro title. In any case, his demos would go very well for Songs of Sorrow:

1. Overrated

2. I'm Falling

3. Intoxicated

4. You Made Me

5. Loverboy

6. Holy Johnny/Instant martyr (it's on the Big Girl single but it could show up again)/Some other song.

Hope this isn't just a rumor! I would loooove for it to be his demos.

--Jack

Oh. Insant Martyr really made it on the Big Girl CD? That's awesome, I didn't know that, just heard him say that 'they' wanted to convince him to put it on there.

MUST. HAVE. IT!

And for Overrated I think there is not much that has to be changed or improved for an official version. It's perfect as it is (I know, nobody has asked but I feel like saying it ...)

And for Overrated I think there is not much that has to be changed or improved for an official version. It's perfect as it is (I know, nobody has asked but I feel like saying it ...)

YES! YES! YES!

its my absolute fav from all the official and inofficial ones!

just unbelievable - 19 or smth yr old writing that lyrics...

...sort of epitomy of what the L is and how u feel at its highest...and wanting to be your bestest or at least seen as such by someone...

and it expresses it so perfectly...

its just demented...but sometimes u have those "certain uncertain" things revolving in your head...not quite clear yet...and then someone says it...or u see an image...

YES! YES! YES!

its just demented...but sometimes u have those "certain uncertain" things revolving in your head...and then someone says it...or u see an image...

For some reason I doubt that this song will be released because to me it seems almost like he just bares his soul in it. Listening to the lyrics the whole mystery of his 'what do you want, I can be it for you if you just love me for it' thing comes clear to me. But maybe it's just me...

YES! YES! YES!

...sort of epitomy of what the L is and how u feel at its highest...and wanting to be your bestest or at least seen as such by someone...

and it expresses it so perfectly...

its just demented...but sometimes u have those "certain uncertain" things revolving in your head...not quite clear yet...and then someone says it...or u see an image...

Yes indeed. That song has such a raw vulnerability to it. The way his voice wavers on "keep me..." is positively heartbreaking.

For some reason I doubt that this song will be released because to me it seems almost like he just bares his soul in it. Listening to the lyrics the whole mystery of his 'what do you want, I can be it for you if you just love me for it' thing comes clear to me. But maybe it's just me...

...a second thought given-maybe it SHOULDNT be released there....or at least released separately....dont know....just Do have something for that one...

...and I understand totally nothing in music or its marketing or whatever...but imho, in case it will be released, it shldnt be "re-mastered"...or "touched" anyhow...his "unperfect" voice is so perfect for that one.... (despite my RESPECT and total admiration of his development as a singer (meaning the technical part- a "vocal acrobatics" in his own words)...)

Oh....right....:blush-anim-cl:

Maybe it will be five songs of sorrow, and one song of something else...

Hmm, what could it be? One song of Pointless Deliciousness? :bleh:

No five songs of sorrow and one song about fruit, please.:naughty:

I don't know; I'd leave it up to Mika. :thumb_yello: We all know what a perfectionist he is, and I'm sure he knows exactly what he wants each of his songs to sound like.

--Jack

What does Mika's opinion have to do with anything? This is all about my plan to live vicariously through him, and bring moody ingenious music to the masses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh yeh ! , i likes the album support idea :roftl:

I agree , sod the critics , the 2nd album is going to be amazing , the first one was superb and he was an unknown , I think it will go quiet early part of 2008 while he writes then it live parrtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:biggrin2:

OK everyone, we had better start saving.:naughty:

But didn't he say in an interview a month or two ago that he had already written half of the new album?