The Harry Potter Thread!!!!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I'm actually very surprised that I seem to be the only one who didn't really like it. :blink: Pretty much everyone coming out of the theater last night (er...this morning, really) was talking about how awful it was.

I think that my biggest issue with the film is just all the stuff that they cut out. It's kind of crazy that this is the longest HP book and yet the shortest movie. :blink: The movie seemed to have pretty much no formation of relationships. Example: Harry and Cho. The build-up of their "whatever" was about 10 minutes long. Then there was the mistletoe, and one scene afterwards that showed that they were kind of "together," but after that they were pretty much not in the picture at all.

SPOILERS...in case anyone hasn't read the book...

Another thing that bothered me to no end was the lack of emotion! When Harry saw Snape's memory of his father taunting him, it seemed like he didn't really care. In the book Harry was completely distraught over it! And Sirius' death. Come on. That was like, a 30 second scene and that was it. Yeah, the sound went off, Harry screams and runs, the end of Sirius. Something that made so many people cry while reading and evoked so many emotions was just...nothing in the movie. And Tonks. WTF?! She was one of my favorite characters in OOTP but it seemed like she didn't have a purpose at all. She looked like an angsty/punky teenager.

The beginning of the movie was pretty much a disaster, in my opinion. Ms. Figg was SO random! Oh, her only explanation was, "I'm supposed to watch over you..." Harry wasn't even the least bit surprised, it seemed! And the scene that kind of made me cringe from the awfulness was when Harry was dragging Dudley back to the Dursley's house. It looked like a complete joke! If I hadn't read the book, I would be a very confused girl indeed.

And they cut out the whole hospital scene and Quidditch! And also when Ron gets all loopy in the Ministry of Mystery at the end...that was gone too! I was really looking forward to that!

Okay, end of rant. I'm kind of depressed that David Yates is doing HBP, also.

My favorite movie was GoF, hands down. It had the perfect combination of fantasy and realism, and I really enjoyed the teenagery-ness of it, but that was hardly there at all in this movie.

Okay, rant over, once again. :roftl:

You know, you're right... THey really did cut a lot out of it... I still liked it, but I probably wouldn't go so far as to say it was my fave... It was never my fave book either... Harry acted like a prat in it... HBP is much better, and if the director screws it up I will get very angry indeed!!!

I saw it today...Harry was too angstful AND ABOUT AS EMOTIONAL AS A TOASTER!

Better than having the emotional range of a teaspoon! (couldn't resist!)

wait! did they take out dobbie, and the rest of the house elfs??

They would have cut Kreacher out but JK said he had to stay... I think it's because he plays a important part in HP 7 (I think... don't quote me on it!)... they cut Dobby and the whole SPEW thing out of GoF, so I didn't hold high hopes for him being in there...

aww and they took out the whole thing with the brains in the room and when Ron gets really really hurt and almost choked from the brains when he grabbed them!!!! awww mann!! and also the spinning room thing! They took out so much stuff!!!

THat's right!!! They did too! I thought the whole fight bit was a bit short!!! I really liked that bit!

They also cut out a lot with Sirius' mother's portrait... she didn't screech at them at all!!! They cut most of the house stuff too... Not exactly important to the story but still... Mum and Dad went and saw it, and Mum even said it was a bit confusing...

Was the whole "Weasley is our king!" song in OotP or not? I can't remember! They should have kept it...

They would have cut Kreacher out but JK said he had to stay... I think it's because he plays a important part in HP 7 (I think... don't quote me on it!)... they cut Dobby and the whole SPEW thing out of GoF, so I didn't hold high hopes for him being in there...

THat's right!!! They did too! I thought the whole fight bit was a bit short!!! I really liked that bit!

They also cut out a lot with Sirius' mother's portrait... she didn't screech at them at all!!! They cut most of the house stuff too... Not exactly important to the story but still... Mum and Dad went and saw it, and Mum even said it was a bit confusing...

Was the whole "Weasley is our king!" song in OotP or not? I can't remember! They should have kept it...

Nope.. cos that song was due to his Quidditch skills (wasn't it)

And as there was no mention whatsoever of Quidditch (not even a tiney tiny one) they couldn't put it in...

Shame about the Quidditch, after all Umbridge took it away from him, would have been good to see in film

And Fred and George turning one of the halls into a swamp, and the teachers refusing to clean it up Would have been interesting as well :naughty:

you are lucky, here in spain we have to wait until november...:thumbdown:

I actually had to wait longer, but I ordered the English version so I could read it sooner:roftl: But November is a loong wait:shocked:

I actually had to wait longer, but I ordered the English version so I could read it sooner:roftl: But November is a loong wait:shocked:

yes, its a loooooooooong wait...

i feel a little bit sad, because i dont want the story ends... when i have readen the last page of the book i will think; and now, what? isn´t more?

dont you feel like me?

i feel a little bit sad, because i dont want the story ends... when i have readen the last page of the book i will think; and now, what? isn´t more?

dont you feel like me?

I do feel like you. It will be tough:thumbdown:

I read this on mugglenet:

In a new interview with Helena Bonham Carter, the actress talks about her role as Bellatrix Lestrange in the Order of the Phoenix film. She also briefly mentioned the following: "JK Rowling sent a message saying she's [bellatrix] going to be very significant in the last one."

Good, I love Bella:biggrin2:

Here's the interview: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070709/ap_en_ot/people_bonham_carter

I read this on mugglenet:

In a new interview with Helena Bonham Carter, the actress talks about her role as Bellatrix Lestrange in the Order of the Phoenix film. She also briefly mentioned the following: "JK Rowling sent a message saying she's [bellatrix] going to be very significant in the last one."

Good, I love Bella:biggrin2:

Here's the interview: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070709/ap_en_ot/people_bonham_carter

ahhhh!! im going to die!!! i cant wait anymore!!!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!:stretcher:

You know, you're right... THey really did cut a lot out of it... I still liked it, but I probably wouldn't go so far as to say it was my fave... It was never my fave book either... Harry acted like a prat in it... HBP is much better, and if the director screws it up I will get very angry indeed!!!

Better than having the emotional range of a teaspoon! (couldn't resist!)

hhahahah funny... very funny...

noooo!! Weasley is our king!!! ahh i forgot all about that!!! I loved all that!!! mannn!! o yeah and the screaming portrait and everything!!! ay-ay-ai...

ahh my god i cannot wait for the boook!!!! ahh im gonna die when its over...

its gonna be so goood and suspensful!!! I hope i dont "accidentally" flip the pages to the last chapters and "accidentally" see 2 words i shouldnt see together. I did that in the 6th book, and i accidentaly read just 3 words, and it gave the whole thing away. it said "after dumbledore's death"...

:blink: i was so mad at myself. haha and then i told my sister the ending!! yaay! and she wasnt done yet. haha

Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t

Thanks Perez Hilton for ruining the ending for me...DAMN IT

If what I read is true...IF THE PICTURES I SAW ARE TRUE...

(I hope it isn't true....WHY DID SHE HAVE TO KILL ___________________)

Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t

i feel so sorry for you, i will literally be in isolation for the next like week or something just so people wont give it away for me...damn that perez

hhahahah funny... very funny...

noooo!! Weasley is our king!!! ahh i forgot all about that!!! I loved all that!!! mannn!! o yeah and the screaming portrait and everything!!! ay-ay-ai...

ahh my god i cannot wait for the boook!!!! ahh im gonna die when its over...

its gonna be so goood and suspensful!!! I hope i dont "accidentally" flip the pages to the last chapters and "accidentally" see 2 words i shouldnt see together. I did that in the 6th book, and i accidentaly read just 3 words, and it gave the whole thing away. it said "after dumbledore's death"...

:blink: i was so mad at myself. haha and then i told my sister the ending!! yaay! and she wasnt done yet. haha

I know they weren't big parts of the book but still... would have been good to see them! Can't believe that OotP (movie) was shorter than CoS... and it was a bigger book!!!

As in the movie???