What do you listen beside Mika

Me-Mi-Ka

Stay Cats/Brian Setzer Orchestra

How do you know about the Stray Cats young lady?

Paolo Nutini's voice makes my soul ache. Last Request is my favourite song of all time and after a year of incessant playing I still haven't gotten sick of it.

Right now I am all about Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse and Arctic Monkeys. The good people who organized the Virgin Festival did me a massive favour and arranged for all of them to play in Toronto on the same day.

Love that Kate Nash song Foundations and have been searching high and low for weeks to get a full explicit version and it's nowhere to be found. I can't purchase iTunes UK stuff and it hasn't been released in Canada :sneaky2:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have any particular groups but lots of songs.

i listen to a lot of:

red hot chili peppers

patrick wolf

james blunt

justin timberlake

80's pop music-soft cell, blondie, a bunch of others (im tired, my mind mis blank)

prince

christina agulara

holly dolly:bleh:

Holly Dolly! :punk:

Besides Mika?

Queen

Def Leppard

Billy Joel

Journey

Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Bon Jovi

Kiss

Twisted Sister

AC-DC

Aerosmith

Bowie

Eric Clapton

Foreigner

Led Zeppelin

Motley Crue

Guns n' Roses

Mr. Big

Elvis

The Beatles

The Temptations

The Beach Boys

Buddy Holly

Johnny Cash

Nat King Cole

Jim Croce

Simon & Garfunkel

And that's just to name a few. There's lots others... Jazz... Blues... Classical... Gaelic... I'm not really big on rap, though. Typically I can't stand listening to it.

How do you know about the Stray Cats young lady?

Paolo Nutini's voice makes my soul ache. Last Request is my favourite song of all time and after a year of incessant playing I still haven't gotten sick of it.

Right now I am all about Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse and Arctic Monkeys. The good people who organized the Virgin Festival did me a massive favour and arranged for all of them to play in Toronto on the same day.

Love that Kate Nash song Foundations and have been searching high and low for weeks to get a full explicit version and it's nowhere to be found. I can't purchase iTunes UK stuff and it hasn't been released in Canada :sneaky2:

I <3 the Stray Cats! My brother actually bought a cd many years ago, so I heard them through him. I eventually got into them a little more after I saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra's Christmas Extravaganza concert live. Stray Cat Strut and Rock This Town are awesome songs. I wish I could see them this summer (along with the Pretenders/ZZ Top), but I am going to Kentucky for my grandmother's 90th, so I won't be in town. Ah well.....

You like the Stray Cats, too, I assume?

mmh...I don't have another favourite group or singer 'coz 4 example If I like a song of an artist,I like only this song,but I can't say that I freak out for that artist...I just like one or more of his or her songs,but Mika is the one 4 me..!!Maybe I can say that I really like Queen..oh,yes...but only Mika & Queen!!!Wow..I have difficult flavours..lool!!!:biggrin2:

Bye!!:thumb_yello:

• 2 months later...

For me it's mainly pop-rock, folk-rock and symphonic rock.

These are my top favorites: America, Bread, Seals & Crofts, The Alan Parson Project (+ Alan Parsons solo, Eric Woolfson solo, John Miles solo), Supertramp (and most of all Roger Hodgson solo), Emerson Lake & Palmer (+ the 2 first albums by King Crimson with Greg Lake), Electric Light Orchestra... oh, and I nearly forgot: Mika! ;)

I also listen to: Mark Owen ("Green Man" was so beautiful), The Moody Blues, The Beatles, Queen (mostly "A Day at the Races" and "A Night at the Opera"), all kinds of songs from the end of the 60's during the Vietnam War, plus a little bit of hard rock, blues and probably other things I've forgotten to mention.

at the moment...

Aerosmith

Pink

Bon jovi

The cure

The beatles

Coldplay

The doors

queen

eminem

u2

Pet shop boys

eurythmics

Nirvana

Soda Stereo

Andres Calamaro

Charly garcia

Oasis

a lot of 80's music....

and a lot more...depends in the mood I guest..