Peaches Geldof at Mika's gig-Hello Magazine

paula.pop

mika-1a.jpg

The flamboyant 23-year-old singer took to the stage at Somerset House dressed as the Mad Hatter from Lewis Caroll's famous tale

mika-peaches-2a.jpg

Among the audience at the sell-out gig were Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches and her DJ boyfriend, Fred Les, pictured making their way to the mansion-style venue

18 JULY 2007

Two years ago Mika Penniman was working as a waiter at Somerset House. This week he was back in the London entertainment venue, in a very different role. The Beirut-born glam rocker wowed audiences with a spectacular Alice In Wonderland-inspired show as part of the mansion's annual series of summer concerts.

The 23-year-old - whose new single Big Girl is out on July 23 - has drawn comparisons with late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury for his flamboyant style. And he was living up to his reputation at the show - which drew a sell-out audience, including Peaches Geldof and her boyfriend DJ Fred Les - as he took to the stage dressed as the Mad Hatter from the famous Lewis Caroll tale.

Explosions of balloons and confetti rained down on the crowd as Mika boogied his way through songs from his chart topping double platinum album Life In Cartoon Motion. And he wasn't the only one dressing up. The audience was dotted with flapper girls, fairies and cowgirls, while onstage dancers in animal suits jostled for space with the band.

The colourful performance was just the latest high spot in Mika's soaring career. Since making his radio debut in September 2006 the operatically-trained singer has topped both the singles and album charts and is currently in the middle of a run of sell-out concert dates across Europe.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago Mika Penniman was working as a waiter at Somerset House. This week he was back in the London entertainment venue, in a very different role.[/b]

OMG, it must mean a lot to him:thumb_yello:

mika-1a.jpg

The flamboyant 23-year-old singer took to the stage at Somerset House dressed as the Mad Hatter from Lewis Caroll's famous tale

mika-peaches-2a.jpg

Among the audience at the sell-out gig were Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches and her DJ boyfriend, Fred Les, pictured making their way to the mansion-style venue

18 JULY 2007

Two years ago Mika Penniman was working as a waiter at Somerset House. This week he was back in the London entertainment venue, in a very different role. The Beirut-born glam rocker wowed audiences with a spectacular Alice In Wonderland-inspired show as part of the mansion's annual series of summer concerts.

The 23-year-old - whose new single Big Girl is out on July 23 - has drawn comparisons with late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury for his flamboyant style. And he was living up to his reputation at the show - which drew a sell-out audience, including Peaches Geldof and her boyfriend DJ Fred Les - as he took to the stage dressed as the Mad Hatter from the famous Lewis Caroll tale.

Explosions of balloons and confetti rained down on the crowd as Mika boogied his way through songs from his chart topping double platinum album Life In Cartoon Motion. And he wasn't the only one dressing up. The audience was dotted with flapper girls, fairies and cowgirls, while onstage dancers in animal suits jostled for space with the band.

The colourful performance was just the latest high spot in Mika's soaring career. Since making his radio debut in September 2006 the operatically-trained singer has topped both the singles and album charts and is currently in the middle of a run of sell-out concert dates across Europe.

Thank you for posting! :-)

:thumb_yello:

I love the pictures and that Mika dressed as the Mad Hatter. :wub2:

Yeah he mentioned last night about waiting tables at somerset House. He did it for a Lord Mayor's do and says he got asked to leave ... for spilling champagne :shocked:

apparently, he's bad at working as a waiter :naughty: but good at singing so end up singing on stage:punk: :punk:

i'm so glad she went to see him :biggrin2: cos she can be quite evil about people.. well honestly .. she will say her opinion.. and i always thought she'd hate him cos it doesn't seem like her kind of music.. this is great :biggrin2:

Erm... Excuse the intrusion, but... The guy called his daughter Peaches ?? :blink: :blink: How mean is that ?!

his other daughters name are: Pixie and Fifi Trixibelle...not more strange than call your daughter Apple, though :mf_rosetinted:

Erm... Excuse the intrusion, but... The guy called his daughter Peaches ?? :blink: :blink: How mean is that ?!

Well, even so, Peaches has nice legs. (I had to mention it!)

P.S. I don't believe I've heard of Peaches until now. But, maybe she went because her boyfriend was into the music, not necessarily her?

P. P. S. Either way, I hope her appearance there works in Mika's favor, drawing a bigger crowd. :biggrin2:

Isn't it great? The man behind 'The Great Song of Indifference' called his daughter Peaches... :naughty:

I don't care if you live or die

Couldn't care less if you laugh or cry

I don't mind if you crash or fly

I don't mind at all.

I don't mind if you come or go

I don't mind if you say no

Couldn't care less baby let it flow

'Cause I don't care at all.

:mf_rosetinted: