The "Let it all out" thread...

BonjourMika1990

****If you've just had an argument, or you're sad about something... LET IT OUT... this is going to be a support thread for all of you so NO yelling ok :-)Maybe this should go under general chin wagging, but NA, most stuff we get sad or argue about has to do with MIKA now adays (no offense lol) So what ever you're feeling (love, hate, bitterness) let it out!****

Hey there!I know there are several threads to defend and even complain about mika, but this one... this one is a "Bonjour Thread" lol So it'll be different.

Me personally: I want to let you all know how much this forum means to me... I'm not on here a whole lot, but when I am, I smile and laugh... and I truly believe it's because of all of you. I've always said that MIKA attracts the nicest fans...and it's true. These past 4 months have been amazing:blush-anim-cl: So, we've been dealing with some tough times here, people have boycotted the club and are just downright sad. I think now is the time, to let one another know how much we mean to eachother... NO ONE understands us MIKA fans lol...

I truly believe that MIKA will see this thread and I also believe that he has NOT and never will abandon us... He will know, that we were the first to love his songs...*sniff sniff* lol

So let it all out, whatever you're feeling...:wink2:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realllllllly was looking forward to him coming back to America, but then I heard that he had cancelled the tour....and I suddenly knew how everyone felt. It's so easy to say, "Sorry for everyone that was going, I'm sure you'll be able to see him" but then once it actually happens to you it really hits you hard. And I feel so greedy for wanting him to come here when he's sick. I want him to get better. But I want the rest of America to see him too. :blink:

I realllllllly was looking forward to him coming back to America, but then I heard that he had cancelled the tour....and I suddenly knew how everyone felt. It's so easy to say, "Sorry for everyone that was going, I'm sure you'll be able to see him" but then once it actually happens to you it really hits you hard. And I feel so greedy for wanting him to come here when he's sick. I want him to get better. But I want the rest of America to see him too. :blink:

I know what you mean... It's sorta hypicrtical for me atleast... so so sad... I think he'll make it up to us somehow... I have to believe that

I know what you mean... It's sorta hypicrtical for me atleast... so so sad... I think he'll make it up to us somehow... I have to believe that

I hope so...

And I'm always saying for people to give him a break because he's tired and ill, but then I want him to come to America...:blink:

I'm confused, been away for a while, what all did he cancel? Obviously, the Canadian dates and the one where Avoca was supposed to give him his birthday present but did he cancel many others? So it's because he's ill? I don't want to jump to conclusions until I know the whole story. Though, it seems lately when Mika is 'ill', he's too ill for some gigs but not others...

I'm confused, been away for a while, what all did he cancel? Obviously, the Canadian dates and the one where Avoca was supposed to give him his birthday present but did he cancel many others? So it's because he's ill? I don't want to jump to conclusions until I know the whole story. Though, it seems lately when Mika is 'ill', he's too ill for some gigs but not others...

Yes, I'm not so sure either but he's been cancelling... the first time I ever heard of a cancellation was a few months ago when he cancelled A Hungary show I guess... but in the last month or so, he's cancelled maybe a dozen... I don't know, you'll have to ask Freddie for the full story... I'm just a groupie lol:roftl:

i spent 40$ on glowsticks, markers, sparkles and all kinds of artistic crap so i can make a huge poster to bring with me to see mika august 10th here in quebec and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he cancelled.

and then i went to get a refund for my ticket..

it was like the worst 10 minutes of my life.

but the boy needs to get better.. & i hope he does.

im kinda over it now, but its always nice to let it all out. :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, I'm not so sure either but he's been cancelling... the first time I ever heard of a cancellation was a few months ago when he cancelled A Hungary show I guess... but in the last month or so, he's cancelled maybe a dozen... I don't know, you'll have to ask Freddie for the full story... I'm just a groupie lol:roftl:

Nevermind, I found in the other thread he cancelled a week's worth of gigs. I know that he's been cancelling a lot lately, it's just I was gone for about a week and a half and was wondering what all he cancelled this time. Normally, I know just about everything that goes on here but when I got back there were 30,000 new posts and definitely didn't feel like reading all of them! :naughty:

I just find it funny that's he's only too ill for the smaller gigs which I suppose makes sense 'cause if you're going to cancel gigs, I guess you'd start with those first. Though, that still doesn't make it right, if you can't make those gigs don't schedule them in the first place. If Mika is really being that overworked, I think it's time to get a new management 'cause I'd like to think it's more their fault than Mika's. It's really starting to hurt him 'cause if the fans on the forums (who are obviously quite loyal and love Mika almost unconditionally) are that mad about it then you can only imagine what the other fans are like.

Also, we all know that he won't cancel Good Morning America, or at least he shouldn't; it would be like a career suicide in America. Honestly, I think that Mika is least likely to cancel any gig of any importance in America. Success in America a lot of the time means success just about everywhere else. He's not very big here, and if some relatively unknown or I guess not-so-popular-yet artist, as some may argue that he is well known here though I don't get it, cancels a big event like that then America will have no time for him. So those of you going to the Good Morning America event, feel lucky that Mika and his management feel as though you are important enough to not cancel on you.

Yes, I am VERY sarcastic in this post to let you know, especially that last paragraph.

Nevermind, I found in the other thread he cancelled a week's worth of gigs. I know that he's been cancelling a lot lately, it's just I was gone for about a week and a half and was wondering what all he cancelled this time. Normally, I know just about everything that goes on here but when I got back there were 30,000 new posts and definitely didn't feel like reading all of them! :naughty:

I just find it funny that's he's only too ill for the smaller gigs which I suppose makes sense 'cause if you're going to cancel gigs, I guess you'd start with those first. Though, that still doesn't make it right, if you can't make those gigs don't schedule them in the first place. If Mika is really being that overworked, I think it's time to get a new management 'cause I'd like to think it's more their fault than Mika's. It's really starting to hurt him 'cause if the fans on the forums (who are obviously quite loyal and love Mika almost unconditionally) are that mad about it then you can only imagine what the other fans are like.

Also, we all know that he won't cancel Good Morning America, or at least he shouldn't; it would be like a career suicide in America. Honestly, I think that Mika is least likely to cancel any gig of any importance in America. Success in America a lot of the time means success just about everywhere else. He's not very big here, and if some relatively unknown or I guess not-so-popular-yet artist, as some may argue that he is well known here though I don't get it, cancels a big event like that then America will have no time for him. So those of you going to the Good Morning America event, feel lucky that Mika and his management feel as though you are important enough to not cancel on you.

Yes, I am VERY sarcastic in this post to let you know, especially that last paragraph.

Unfortunatley, I do sorta blame his managment... it's not completely their fault, but than whose is it... They scheduled a massive amount of shows ... and I think it was just too much...

Hey you're from Indiana... cool, me too... well the border to Chicago :)

At this point, I am not angry or upset at all. I was upset about Nibe/Reading/Oxegen. I just feel really bad for him now, and I'm so thankful he isn't doing a September US tour. Unlike the other dates that were cancelled at last minute, it was never even announced in the first place, so I think we American fans have zero reason to whine about it. And I've been wanting him to take a break for so long that the idea of feeling sorry for myself for missing a potential future concert that was never even scheduled is the absolute last thing on my mind right now.

I'm cross-posting this everywhere, since these are my speculations on the whole situation:

I think when he got sick at first they thought that a few cancellations of, yes, the less "important" gigs would give him the time he needed to get better... but it wasn't enough and it didn't. I think they decided he HAD to perform at Glastonbury and Oxegen and that didn't let him recover from whatever it was he had, and then things just snowballed. Then they saw that a few cancellations weren't going to cut it, and started cancelling ALL the gigs they could except the very few can't-miss ones, like Somerset. But the trip to Japan must have really messed him up (he did complain about his ears I remember), because unlike Somerset, etc, it wasn't just a one-day thing and it involved heavy travel, so he came back sicker than they expected and cancelled everything till Ibiza. They may have cancelled Big Chill so late either because of contract difficulties, or because they really hoped he'd be well enough to perform in time, but he wasn't.

Now, far as I can tell, he's basically just trying to push through till September, where they cleared his schedule so he can finally really rest. I think when they saw how bad it really got over this last week, and how he seems to only be getting worse instead of better, they decided to pull out of Canadian Idol ahead of time because now they're not sure he'll be well enough to perform when the date comes around. Especially not after GMA, since like someone said, it's like an athlete performing on a sprained leg, and it's possible, but each performance only makes the injury worse. And with tv appearances, you have to pull out early or else there'll be huuuuuuuge backlash. They couldn't take the same chance they took with Big Chill, hoping that he'll make it when it turned out he couldn't.

For the rest of the gigs this summer? I don't know. He may still make some of them if he feels up to it on those particular days, which is maybe why there haven't been cancellations yet. Or maybe they want to see how he is after GMA to see how much they have to cancel.

Oh yeah, and if he ends up even sicker after tonight, he may yet cancel GMA too, though that's unlikely.

--Jack

At this point, I am not angry or upset at all. I was upset about Nibe/Reading/Oxegen. I just feel really bad for him now, and I'm so thankful he isn't doing a September US tour. Unlike the other dates that were cancelled at last minute, it was never even announced in the first place, so I think we American fans have zero reason to whine about it. And I've been wanting him to take a break for so long that the idea of feeling sorry for myself for missing a potential future concert that was never even scheduled is the absolute last thing on my mind right now.

I'm cross-posting this everywhere, since these are my speculations on the whole situation:

I think when he got sick at first they thought that a few cancellations of, yes, the less "important" gigs would give him the time he needed to get better... but it wasn't enough and it didn't. I think they decided he HAD to perform at Glastonbury and Oxegen and that didn't let him recover from whatever it was he had, and then things just snowballed. Then they saw that a few cancellations weren't going to cut it, and started cancelling ALL the gigs they could except the very few can't-miss ones, like Somerset. But the trip to Japan must have really messed him up (he did complain about his ears I remember), because unlike Somerset, etc, it wasn't just a one-day thing and it involved heavy travel, so he came back sicker than they expected and cancelled everything till Ibiza. They may have cancelled Big Chill so late either because of contract difficulties, or because they really hoped he'd be well enough to perform in time, but he wasn't.

Now, far as I can tell, he's basically just trying to push through till September, where they cleared his schedule so he can finally really rest. I think when they saw how bad it really got over this last week, and how he seems to only be getting worse instead of better, they decided to pull out of Canadian Idol ahead of time because now they're not sure he'll be well enough to perform when the date comes around. Especially not after GMA, since like someone said, it's like an athlete performing on a sprained leg, and it's possible, but each performance only makes the injury worse. And with tv appearances, you have to pull out early or else there'll be huuuuuuuge backlash. They couldn't take the same chance they took with Big Chill, hoping that he'll make it when it turned out he couldn't.

For the rest of the gigs this summer? I don't know. He may still make some of them if he feels up to it on those particular days, which is maybe why there haven't been cancellations yet. Or maybe they want to see how he is after GMA to see how much they have to cancel.

Oh yeah, and if he ends up even sicker after tonight, he may yet cancel GMA too, though that's unlikely.

--Jack

AGREED: I'm thankful that our hopes didn't get raised too high about the whole u.s tour thing. I think the most important thing for his managment was getting him through GMA as sort of one last hurah before taking a semi-break... I'm not sure, i'm just glad i'm going to be one of the lucky ones to see him @ GMA. *fingers crossed of course*

*sigh what's new york city like Jack? It'll be awesome finally getting there... I want to stand outside of Tiffany's just like Audrey Hepburn did lol... Oh I think I'm going to love it out there! I plan on attending NYU in the fall of 2008 so who knows... :)

*sigh what's new york city like Jack? It'll be awesome finally getting there... I want to stand outside of Tiffany's just like Audrey Hepburn did lol... Oh I think I'm going to love it out there! I plan on attending NYU in the fall of 2008 so who knows... :)

NYC is my favorite place on the planet. I don't live there, but I've been there a few times and I'm obsessed. Seriously. I am moving there after college, no doubt about it.

--Jack

Yeah, I'm not really angry either just disappointed for the people who were expecting to go see him. Then again, it's easy for me to say that since I'm not in their place.

Anyway, I think that's what happened with Mika. He got sick and never fully recovered and that's making it worse. The last time he started cancelling gigs because he was ill, I said I hoped he would wait until he was completely better before he tried to start performing again but obviously that didn't happen. I feel bad for him, of course, and am sort of worried about whether or not it will hurt Mika's career at all. I sure hope not, but seeing people on here walking out on Mika, makes me wonder if those people who weren't that big of Mika fans will do the same. I guess the opposite could happen, also. The people who aren't such big Mika fans won't really care.

I guess through all this, I'm most concerned about Mika truly getting better. Then, I'm just hoping that it doesn't hurt his career. Most of the negativity I guess you could call it that I have mostly goes toward the whole situation which includes Mika's management, and to a very little extent, Mika. I think that if you truly are sick either get completely better no matter what or just push through it. I know it's easy for me to sit here and say that but I'm thinking it's making Mika look worse when he's only going to some gigs and not others. Either cancel ALL of them or attend ALL of them. With him only going to the bigger gigs, it makes the fans of the smaller gigs feel like that gig wasn't important enough.

Plus, Mika's not going to make very many friends with the venues if he keeps cancelling. Who wants an artist that cancels on them? No one that I know of. So, I hope Mika gets better, his management quits overbooking and gives Mika a rest, and that there aren't any more cancellations. That's why I'm also glad Mika won't do another US tour in September. Of course, I would go if he did but I would rather he just rest so we all don't get our hopes up and he cancels. This way, no one in the US can complain from now on, especially those, myself included, who have already seen him. In my opinion, the Americans on here should just be happy that he came to all the US gigs which is hard to say for many other people.

Anyway, I know this post is a little scattered but lots of thoughts have been going through my head. I may have slightly contradicted myself, which I don't think I have but as I was writing this my thoughts and opinions kept changing...:naughty:

See, I was incredibly excited for the September US tour, because it's my birthday and I was hoping to attend a gig and be able to wear the birthday badge, etc. :D

HOWEVER, I am very thankful that there were no dates announced before it was canceled, and I'm frankly glad that they ended up canceling, because Mika needs rest and time to recuperate. He'll be back next year. :)

See, I was incredibly excited for the September US tour, because it's my birthday and I was hoping to attend a gig and be able to wear the birthday badge, etc. :D

HOWEVER, I am very thankful that there were no dates announced before it was canceled, and I'm frankly glad that they ended up canceling, because Mika needs rest and time to recuperate. He'll be back next year. :)

When's your birthday? Mine's in September too. :)

I was going to do the same thing - wear a birthday badge! :naughty:

When's your birthday? Mine's in September too. :)

I was going to do the same thing - wear a birthday badge! :naughty:

September 19. :) I was *this* close to buying a t-shirt the other day that said, "Little Miss Birthday Girl" that I would wear to the concert but I didn't. I'm glad. :)