IM DISGUSTED with "TODAY FM"

mika4ever

my self and my family went in shopping today,and while listing to the national irish radio station "TODAY FM" some guy text in saying that songs are never written about guys! its always about women! and he said that hes particualry pissed off with mika`s "BIG GIRL YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL", so the radio prsenters came up with a new version of "BIG GIRL YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL", it was really offensive!! to mika fans like ourselves!!! after they had played it, they had gotten another text asking if mikas gay or not!! and the presenters were going on for ages about his sexuality!! how dare they!!!!!!!,so i text in sayin how rude and offensive it was!!!!!! mika rules!!!! xxxxxxx

they better say sorry or im out 2 get them!!!!

Text them again saying that we at the fanclub are ashamed of them for being so rude.

I don't know why the radio DJ's are so against Mika's songs. It's like radio one, they are not playing Mika's Big Girl's at all. The song has been taken off the playlist.

I actually emailed them at radio one saying that we are not pleased with what was happening.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my self and my family went in shopping today,and while listing to the national irish radio station "TODAY FM" some guy text in saying that songs are never written about guys! its always about women! and he said that hes particualry pissed off with mika`s "BIG GIRL YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL", so the radio prsenters came up with a new version of "BIG GIRL YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL", it was really offensive!! to mika fans like ourselves!!! after they had played it, they had gotten another text asking if mikas gay or not!! and the presenters were going on for ages about his sexuality!! how dare they!!!!!!!,so i text in sayin how rude and offensive it was!!!!!! mika rules!!!! xxxxxxx

I don't see his problem how many men would liked to be called beautiful? hehe

*rse*oles is the correct word I think, I got annoyed today when I saw a vid on Utube from some *osser who bothered to upload himself boo-ing at Mika on stage at T4 on the beach....I was SOOO tempted to leave a comment or put a link to it here but I didn't wanna give him the satisfaction of knowing I had seen his vid as it's got no comments or anything on it, he may be entitled to his opinion, but I just didn't wanna let him know ppl were bothered about HIS the loser.

:blowup::rocket:

It's a good job I didn't catch him doing that, he'd of been eating sand for the rest of the afternoon, like to have heard him booing anybody after that.

I don't mind parodies of songs if they are harmless and funny (I love Weird Al Yankovic's parodies), but if they're rude and offensive then no, especially if they're targeted back at the artist.

• 5 months later...

HMMMM, WHERE'S MY BOXING GLOVES?????

Grrrrrrr! How could they those horrible horrible people, they are flipping ********!!!! I bet they are so jelous of Mika they just had to do it:sneaky2: Lets form an army and name it the "Mika Fan club titans" (or if you've got a better name just post it lol) I wanna put that stubid radio station out of buisness! What did Mika ever do to them??? NOTHING!!!! :sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

I remember last year when Grace Kelly was in the charts, Chris Moyles (on Radio one) made up his version of Grace Kelly. "The Mika and Moylesa". They put vocals of Chris singing the lyrics in a deep and a high voice.

The end product sounded really stupid.

Did anyone ever hear that?

I just discovered this video, hope no one's posted it.

Here is the link :

That video is from an Australian radio station, 2DayFM. Which is completely different from the original posters TodayFM (ireland).

Loooove his "Aussie" accent with 'today'...pretty accurate LOL

Good for you for responding. There are no big girls who are offended by Mika's song. Not that I know of anyway.

It also galls me, that these so called music experts have obviously listened to LICM, because,

there was a quote in some paper, I think it was The Sun, that said about mika singing about Big Girls and Lollipops.

He obviously hadn't listened to LICM, otherwise he would have known about all of Mika's other awesome songs,

the up-tempo ones, and also the ballads.

But these people are morons, and are not worth our spit.

Mika rules, and so does his OFFICIAL fan club!!

we had something similar here, there is a morning show here, and the DJ is a married couple! well a few months ago they were arguing over mika and then the guy says something stupid and make up a really offensive song, the funny thing is though when I text in she read it out on air! :thumb_yello: