Mika throws FREE concert for his fans!!! PLEASE COME IN!

LnrdToxic

Mika was scheduled to perform at the American television show Good Morning America. For their summer series, they host free outdoor concerts at Bryant Park in New York City, where artists usually perform 2-3 songs, and tons of fans come out to enjoy the free concert. Because of the terrible rain that hit NYC this morning, the concert was moved indoors. In the studio where he performed there was not nearly enough room to fit all the fans, and to make it up for us, Mika performed a free show this afternoon!

I'm creating this threat so you can all see how much Mika cares for his fans. Not all the fans got to go in the studio, but they all got to see him through the studio's glass windows, and even hear his performance. He had no obligation to throw a free concert for everyone, and besides, if the concert had taken place like it was originally planned, he would have performed 3 songs, and at the free gig, he perfomed 8. It was very VERY nice of him to do that for his fans, and I will never forget how much he acctually cared that everyone who woke up as early as 2 am to get to Bryant Park, got to see him perform today!

THANK YOU MIKA!

*link to the thread about the concert in the other section of the forum: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Empahsis on the seem?:naughty:

lol, do you mean you don't htink he acctually is nice? haha

I don't know, i think he did it cuz he really felt bad, and he was aleady in NY, and he had no plans that afternoon! so why not? I don't think he did it for show, specially because they didnt let us record/tk pictures, its not even on youtube, at least not yet! haha...:bleh:

i think he did it cuz he really felt bad, and he was aleady in NY, and he had no plans that afternoon! so why not?

That's true that he was able to do the free concert because he didn't have any plans for that afternoon...after all, he wasn't catching a plane to Quebec or anything...:fisch:

That's true that he was able to do the free concert because he didn't have any plans for that afternoon...after all, he wasn't catching a plane to Quebec or anything...:fisch:

explain...lol...i know there were gigs cancelled, but i dont know when, and i believe they were cancelled before he decided to do the free gig!

Or Sweden for that matter :fisch: But it's great to see he cares for his fans, we feel it all the way over here in the cold wet north :mf_rosetinted:

Awww... it seems he does care about his fans after all. It was very, very nice of him to perform free. I'm really happy to hear this, though there was no way I could possibly attend the show (I'm a bit far from the place...). But this is great news all the same. :)

Or Sweden for that matter :fisch: But it's great to see he cares for his fans, we feel it all the way over here in the cold wet north :mf_rosetinted:

Kind of what I was trying to say K.

I am sure that some of you don't know what has been happening?

Kind of what I was trying to say K.

I am sure that some of you don't know what has been happening?

MAYBE IF YOU GUYS SAID IT... i know some concerts were canceled, one being a benefit concert, but i don't think it was because of what happened in NY, they were canceled before as far as i know, right?

MAYBE IF YOU GUYS SAID IT... i know some concerts were canceled, one being a benefit concert, but i don't think it was because of what happened in NY, they were canceled before as far as i know, right?

Yeh they were cancelled before.... What happened in NY was a really nice gesture towards the people who had been standing outside in the rain :thumb_yello: For some of us who lost money when we sold our tickets for festivals where he didn't show up that day, it is a bit hard to just feel happy for you guys and not be 4 years old...I was supposed to see him that day...me me ME :tears: It feels like they gave you a nice present and sent me the bill, even if that's of course not how it is. It was really nice of him to give you that free concert and I'll probably read the reports next week and even be happy you had a great time :mf_rosetinted:

Yeh they were cancelled before.... What happened in NY was a really nice gesture towards the people who had been standing outside in the rain :thumb_yello: For some of us who lost money when we sold our tickets for festivals where he didn't show up that day, it is a bit hard to just feel happy for you guys and not be 4 years old...I was supposed to see him that day...me me ME :tears: It feels like they gave you a nice present and sent me the bill, even if that's of course not how it is. It was really nice of him to give you that free concert and I'll probably read the reports next week and even be happy you had a great time :mf_rosetinted:

I'd be angry if I were you too! I thought of you guys the second they said something about the free concert thinking...oh no all the people he cancelled on are not going to be happy. I did feel guilty that we went from 1 concert to 2 and you guys went from 1 to 0. It wasn't fair, and like I've said before I couldn't imagine how that felt. But good thing Deano is doing that letter thing to his management so that they can see how it really does affect his fans and his career. Hopefully it'll make some type of impact.