pinkunicorn123

:roftl: I'm still in hope for that song to be covered, anywhere! It would be ground breaking.

I'm just thinking that I might not get to go on here as much when I'm in college...:(

Hopefully I won't get withdrawel symptoms. :naughty:

Oh I bought the gold cd of WAG, for a fiver! :shocked: 3 songs for €5 is a bit of a rip off but I always find that Mika makes me spend more somehow. :naughty: And the artwork is worth it.

How is everyone??

Aaaaw :sad: do you have internet where you are staying?

Oh cool! I have no idea how much cd singles cost nowaday but I suppose it is dear, a song on itunes cost 1euro so I suppose you're paying 2euro for the disc and the artwork. Sure it's Mika, who cares :naughty: What are tracks on it btw?

I'm ok thanks, hope you're well. Love your new sig btw, did you draw that yourself? :shocked:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaw :sad: do you have internet where you are staying?

Oh cool! I have no idea how much cd singles cost nowaday but I suppose it is dear, a song on itunes cost 1euro so I suppose you're paying 2euro for the disc and the artwork. Sure it's Mika, who cares :naughty: What are tracks on it btw?

I'm ok thanks, hope you're well. Love your new sig btw, did you draw that yourself? :shocked:

I will have it, but I just don't know if I'll get to go on as often. Maybe I will, I've no idea yet.

There is the Calvin Harris remix (I think I like that better than the original :teehee: ) :naughty: and Lonely Alcoholic. EP songs are probably going to keep popping up on singles now. BUT it gets you 250 magic numbers :roftl: so it's worth it!

ha, yeah I drew it but it took ages because my perspectives are always wrong. :huh: The hands turned out disasterous as you can see. lol

Well if I'm not here for a few days (I could very well be though if I get online at all :naughty: )

bye! - I just thought of that time Graham Norton said "byeee" in a really dry sarcastic way.

...yeah... :freak:

hey girls How are ye? You know I really thought that now i have internet at home I'd be on here more, but this weekend I've four assignments to do, so...meh.

But once I get used to this I hope to be on here again like before..I'm looking forward to having lots of Mika news...are ye going to see any of his concerts? I could so do with a dose of live Mika right now...after seeing a clip of the This Is It trailer I feel like I'm falling back into the pain of losing MJ...

How are things going for ye?

xxx

hey girls How are ye? You know I really thought that now i have internet at home I'd be on here more, but this weekend I've four assignments to do, so...meh.

But once I get used to this I hope to be on here again like before..I'm looking forward to having lots of Mika news...are ye going to see any of his concerts? I could so do with a dose of live Mika right now...after seeing a clip of the This Is It trailer I feel like I'm falling back into the pain of losing MJ...

How are things going for ye?

xxx

Hi!

Four assignments already. :huh: Are you enjoying it so far?

Well not any concerts on his American tour, I'm just waiting for something in Europe that I can afford. They'vre not been posted yet have they? I feel so out of touch right now. :naughty:

Oh! I found Mika on the front cover of a free magazine in college!:biggrin2: I was so excited but then realised the artical is actually a repeat of the one from The Obs music monthly in the UK. Still, I have scans and might make a thread when I've time...

I finally have internet working here, fun!

Yeah, the trailer looks really good, I wonder what a full film would be like though...

Did you see that VMAs?:aah:

Hi!

Four assignments already. :huh: Are you enjoying it so far?

Well not any concerts on his American tour, I'm just waiting for something in Europe that I can afford. They'vre not been posted yet have they? I feel so out of touch right now. :naughty:

Oh! I found Mika on the front cover of a free magazine in college!:biggrin2: I was so excited but then realised the artical is actually a repeat of the one from The Obs music monthly in the UK. Still, I have scans and might make a thread when I've time...

I finally have internet working here, fun!

Yeah, the trailer looks really good, I wonder what a full film would be like though...

Did you see that VMAs?:aah:

hey!

Yeah I'm loving it! Getting through the assignments, and enjoying them, lol.

No, I don't really get what he's doing with this tour because it's only like 10 dates or soemthing....that can't be his whole N. American tour can it? :blink: No, I don't think he has announced European dates yet.

You're so dedicated, all that scanning and posting :naughty:

I know, I think it'll be so hard to watch it all.... :tears: but I do want to see what he was working on unveiling to the world.

Yeah, wow Janet was fantastic. I can't imagine how difficult that must've been for her!!

EDIT: PS my two sisters at home keep texting me going "We Are Golden is the best song ever!" "We Are Golden makes me happy and makes me want to dance!" "Mika is so amazing!" :lmao: the whole world is finally realising....

hey!

Yeah I'm loving it! Getting through the assignments, and enjoying them, lol.

No, I don't really get what he's doing with this tour because it's only like 10 dates or soemthing....that can't be his whole N. American tour can it? No, I don't think he has announced European dates yet.

You're so dedicated, all that scanning and posting :naughty:

I know, I think it'll be so hard to watch it all.... but I do want to see what he was working on unveiling to the world.

Yeah, wow Janet was fantastic. I can't imagine how difficult that must've been for her!!

EDIT: PS my two sisters at home keep texting me going "We Are Golden is the best song ever!" "We Are Golden makes me happy and makes me want to dance!" "Mika is so amazing!" :lmao: the whole world is finally realising....

Oh I know what you mean (I sometimes enjoy getting assignments and such, especially when you love what you've to write about. :teehee: )

I don't know, but didn't he say that this was his biggest N.American tour so far?:blink: I thought it was bigger before, but I really wasn't paying attention way back then.:naughty:

yes, dedication. lol, I mainly just love the scanner, it's still new and I love it.

Yeah, it'll definitley be interesting to watch.

Oh did you see Jermaine on The Late Late Show? I know you wouldn't have it there, but did you see it online or anything? It was such a good interview and now that Pat Kenny is gone it was really interesting.

Ah! Maybe they're converted now!:naughty:

I'm Dublin born and bred and am actually the only Dubliner in my whole family. :biggrin2:

Hey Blossom, welcome to the MFC. :flowers2:

I'm confused though, how are you the only Dubliner in your family? (if you don't mind me asking :teehee: )

Oh I know what you mean (I sometimes enjoy getting assignments and such, especially when you love what you've to write about. :teehee: )

I don't know, but didn't he say that this was his biggest N.American tour so far?:blink: I thought it was bigger before, but I really wasn't paying attention way back then.:naughty:

yes, dedication. lol, I mainly just love the scanner, it's still new and I love it.

Yeah, it'll definitley be interesting to watch.

Oh did you see Jermaine on The Late Late Show? I know you wouldn't have it there, but did you see it online or anything? It was such a good interview and now that Pat Kenny is gone it was really interesting.

hey!

I don't know,, but it's not that many dates! But i guess he's not that big here yet.

Yeah I saw it online.... so sad :tears:

Yup, everyone's becoming a Mika fan now!

Hey Blossom :bye:

I think this thread needs to be more prominant again now that there are a few new members.

Hey everyone!

I'm bumping coz I iz Irish too.

Howrya :biggrin2:

Hi! welcome :flowers2:

My dad was born in Mayo, my mum was born in Wexford and my brother was born in Manchester.

Oh right. :naughty: So ye are all dotted around the place.

It's so good to see new people around here, I hope you stay around every now and again. It can be gas craic in here. :naughty: :rolls_eyes:

I'm definately hanging around anyway!

:biggrin2:

Question! I don't know if any of yous are doing work for the yearbook, but there's an autograph section where you write 'you are golden' in your native language...

I know or (ór? not sure) is GOLD, but how do you say golden?

Edited by Nollaig

I'm definately hanging around anyway!

:biggrin2:

Question! I don't know if any of yous are doing work for the yearbook, but there's an autograph section where you write 'you are golden' in your native language...

I know or (ór? not sure) is GOLD, but how do you say golden?

Good! I hope you do because many people join but never come back. (I have no idea why :das: ) :teehee:

Your name is really nice by the way, I've never heard anyone called Nollaig before. Is it your real name or just your screen name?

And yeah gold is ór so ...maybe ór-den. ... :huh::dunno:

Haha órden. I love it. Órtha or something maybe? I'll find out.

Nollaig is my actual name! My parents thought they were being original. As it happens, there's quite a few Nollaigs out there, and many of them are men! (Noels, in English.) I got the obligatory 'Christmas!!' thing my entire life, but generally I like having an unusual name. :aah:

I was in the right sorta direction! I asked another friend and he said órga as well, but that it's not really right as a word, so most people would just say ór in both cases. I kinda like órga though, and Mika's hardly gonna know the difference, so I think I'll use it anyway.

Cheers! :biggrin2:

Haha órden. I love it. Órtha or something maybe? I'll find out.

Nollaig is my actual name! My parents thought they were being original. As it happens, there's quite a few Nollaigs out there, and many of them are men! (Noels, in English.) I got the obligatory 'Christmas!!' thing my entire life, but generally I like having an unusual name. :aah:

Ah cool! The thought they were being original?:naughty:

Are there? I had no idea, though I've a feeling I heard of someone with the name before, but it is very uncommon.

I was tempted to bring up Christmas, but you did it now anyway.:teehee:

'órga' is the Irish word for 'golden' :wink2:

Oh yeah. :teehee: My excuse is that I "lost" my old school books...:teehee:

Maybe we could all teach him some Irish so that the next time he's in Dublin he can sing his songs in Irish!

yeah, or he could just sing "Where's me jumper". :naughty:

We have a thing for that song in this thread. I think it's a few pages back.

I was tempted to bring up Christmas, but you did it now anyway.:teehee:

Yeah, I was a quiet intellectual kid so I was perfect bait for bullies, and Christmas, or singing Christmas carols and so on became their ammunition of choice, so I really, REALLY despise people who can't look past a translation - it IS actually a name, just like Noel, or Noelle. I mostly ignore it now though, you get used to it after 21 years :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah. :teehee: My excuse is that I "lost" my old school books...:teehee:

I can't speak the language at all anymore, it's terrible. I have a book and I'm working on it, but I don't think I'll ever again be fluent. Which is a shame, because I used to be an A2/B1 student in it.

Debbie did you do that drawing in your siggy? It's awesome! :thumb_yello:

Also -

WHERE'S ME JUMPA? I love that song. :biggrin2:

Yeah, I was a quiet intellectual kid so I was perfect bait for bullies, and Christmas, or singing Christmas carols and so on became their ammunition of choice, so I really, REALLY despise people who can't look past a translation - it IS actually a name, just like Noel, or Noelle. I mostly ignore it now though, you get used to it after 21 years :mf_rosetinted:

I can't speak the language at all anymore, it's terrible. I have a book and I'm working on it, but I don't think I'll ever again be fluent. Which is a shame, because I used to be an A2/B1 student in it.

Debbie did you do that drawing in your siggy? It's awesome! :thumb_yello:

Also -

WHERE'S ME JUMPA? I love that song. :biggrin2:

Oh no.:boxed: What a stupid reason to bully someone as well.

But the thing is that now people will think it's cool because it's different, so it balances out...I hope.

I could never speak it all that well to begin with.:naughty:

Were you fluent before? A1! woah, that was honours I assume?

yeah, I drew it but the more I see it the more flaws I find, so it's not the best thing to put as my sig. But thanks though. :)

Yes, that song is classic! I twittered Mika to cover it and sent him the youtube link. If he covers that it would make my year!:roftl:

But the thing is that now people will think it's cool because it's different, so it balances out...I hope.

Yeah most people think it's pretty cool. Plus, as it happens, Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year, I love everything about it, cold weather, sparklies, cards, carols, trees, you name it I love it. So it works out!

Were you fluent before? A1! woah, that was honours I assume?

A2/B1. B1s generally, A2s when I did the work. I just loved it, and spoke it outside of school too. I could still easily hold a conversation in it, but the nitty gritty and accurate grammar is long gone. It's 5 years since I spoke it!

yeah, I drew it but the more I see it the more flaws I find, so it's not the best thing to put as my sig. But thanks though. :)

No, it really is great, honestly! I can't draw people on paper, I do paintings of them in Paintshop.

Yes, that song is classic! I twittered Mika to cover it and sent him the youtube link. If he covers that it would make my year!:roftl:

He would do an epic version lmao! I'd love to hear it!!

Yeah most people think it's pretty cool. Plus, as it happens, Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year, I love everything about it, cold weather, sparklies, cards, carols, trees, you name it I love it. So it works out!

A2/B1. B1s generally, A2s when I did the work. I just loved it, and spoke it outside of school too. I could still easily hold a conversation in it, but the nitty gritty and accurate grammar is long gone. It's 5 years since I spoke it!

No, it really is great, honestly! I can't draw people on paper, I do paintings of them in Paintshop.

He would do an epic version lmao! I'd love to hear it!!

Hi!

Yeah, it's hard not to love Christmas. :wub2: Some people I know hate it though! Mainly because it's gone so commercial. I think it depends on how you look at it. Having relatives over and stuff is a highight, pulling crackers etc. :aah:

It's good that you were once fluent though, it's probably easier to recall it that way. But if you only learned it in the classroom like me, it's a very different story. :blush-anim-cl:

Oh paintshop! I've never used it but it sounds so good. I love drawing and then sending things into photoshop, though it takes ages for me and I've still not made much that I'm proud of.

I think he'd make a really good version of that song. I think it could suit his voice nicely.

If he covered hips don't lie and pokerface he can cover anything I say. :naughty:

Oooh I do love Christmas but I think it's too early to be talking about it :blush-anim-cl: HALLOWEEN!

I haven't heard Mika singing Hips Don't Lie! I must look that up.

I twittered him today telling him the Irish MFC fans are hoping for an Irish date on the UK tour :teehee: I feel a bit guilty now haha!

Oooh I do love Christmas but I think it's too early to be talking about it :blush-anim-cl: HALLOWEEN!

I haven't heard Mika singing Hips Don't Lie! I must look that up.

I twittered him today telling him the Irish MFC fans are hoping for an Irish date on the UK tour :teehee: I feel a bit guilty now haha!

Way too early, yeah. Hallowe'en is only a month away! :hypo:

It's a funny one:

:naughty:

Ah good!

I am sort of praying it will be there because it's the only other place it could go really. And we're not even UK, so I'm slightly worried again that it won't happen...

I know we're not UK but we're next door neighbours! I always find it infuriating that English and England-originated artists don't come to Ireland! It's 1 HOUR on a plane!!

We might get lucky! Another favourite of mine, Tim Minchin, came to Ireland this year for the first time doing his own show (he also popped in to the Iveagh Gardens to do slots in gigs.)

So he MIGHT come! *fingers crossed!*