The Official Life In Cartoon Motion charts & sales around the world thread.

Showtunes17

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika has done soooo well to hold of Rihanna for over 4 months but Leona's Bleeding Love could well overtake BOTH Singles "Grace Kelly" and "Umbrella" :thumbdown: But let's for now still celebrate while Mika has the biggest selling single of the year :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

TW LW Artist Title Total Sales

1 1 Mika Grace Kelly 476743

2 2 Rihanna feat Jay Z Umbrella 469256

3 3 Proclaimers ft Brian Potter and Andy Pipkin (I'm gonna be) 500 miles 333250

4 4 The Fray How to save a life 299025

5 5 Kaiser Chiefs Ruby 297210

6 6 Beyonce & Shakira Beautiful liar 290485

7 7 Timbaland feat D.O.E. and Keri Hilson The way I are 289260

8 8 Gwen Stefani/Akon Sweet escape 280330

9 9 Kate Nash Foundations 251600

10 11 Sean Kingston Beautiful girls 251500

------------------------------------------------

16 NE Leona Lewis Bleeding love 218805 (First Week sales and on Downloads ALONE :shocked: :shocked: )

Well we'll have the sales for this week on Sunday but according to the mids, Leona sold more than 120 000 copies this week so she'll be around 340 000 so within 2 or 3 weeks she'll be n°1 and Mika probably n°3 as Umbrella is selling more than Grace Kelly.

Well In France, LICM is the biggest selling album of the year and will still be by the end of the year!

France Twelve Points, La France douze points

Well we'll have the sales for this week on Sunday but according to the mids, Leona sold more than 120 000 copies this week so she'll be around 340 000 so within 2 or 3 weeks she'll be n°1 and Mika probably n°3 as Umbrella is selling more than Grace Kelly.

Well In France, LICM is the biggest selling album of the year and will still be by the end of the year!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_in_Cartoon_Motion:punk:

Grace Kelly is not the best selling song of the year anymore in The UK... Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis did more in 3 weeks time...

The album of Leona is released next week, 300 000 were already pre-ordered, so LICM can lose its second spot in the best selling album of the year as well...

Leona?? with that sh*tty song?

I do understand why people bought that cheesy song that was released after she won Xfactor last Xmas but why are they buying this one?

She must be either a loveable person or with some very poor background / sad history that make people love her that much.

I bet this single won't work anywhere else but in the UK:mf_rosetinted:

I do understand why people bought that cheesy song that was released after she won Xfactor last Xmas but why are they buying this one?

She must be either a loveable person or with some very poor background / sad history that make people love her that much.

Leona's song has grown on me since I first heard it and she does have a great voice (if you like that sort of Mariah thing:blink: I don't, really..) and she seems to be a sweet enough girl, but she has the personality and charisma of a carrot, in my opinion. And no sad/poor background that I'm aware of. Just a bit dull!

She is being shamelessly plugged to death by Simon Cowell. Even so, I'm still surprised how many copies that record has sold already. Hmmm.

Leona's song has grown on me since I first heard it and she does have a great voice (if you like that sort of Mariah thing:blink: I don't, really..) and she seems to be a sweet enough girl, but she has the personality and charisma of a carrot, in my opinion. And no sad/poor background that I'm aware of. Just a bit dull!

She is being shamelessly plugged to death by Simon Cowell. Even so, I'm still surprised how many copies that record has sold already. Hmmm.

that's the power of reality show.....haha

i read many news about her breaking record :shocked:

but after i listen to her song.....

i dun have any feeling......and hardly remember the song....

maybe i didn't watch the show....she is a bit dull to me...:bleh:

or mika is too fab to me, it's quite hard to find someone to replace him now...

arrr....how come i can say such kind of words....:blush-anim-cl::mf_rosetinted:

he will return uk soon

i hope he can sell his album more than a million in uk and over 5m all around the world!!!!!!!!

it's an easy task to him :cool:

Well, OK, better than the reunited Spice Girls but still...:cool:

I think the single is very good! I wasn't expected to buy one of her CDs though i think she is very talented, but the song grew on me quite fast and i absolutely love her voice in this song. I'm pretty sure she'll be successful outside the UK if she is well promoted.

I think the argument that she must be a loveable person or with a very background is weak... I mean, any body with a minimum of knowledge in Music would admit that she has a strong, powerful voice... this is a fair reason why she can sell that many CDs...

I don't get you, how can you understand that she can sell loads of copies of her 1st single (I hated it lol) but not of this one ?! simply because you don't like the song ?!

Here is the updated annual single chart

1 3 Leona Lewis Bleeding love 489193

2 1 Mika Grace Kelly 479051

3 2 Rihanna feat Jay Z Umbrella 477104

Mika is currently spending his last week at N°2 as Rihanna is still selling more

Top Album

1 Back to Black – Amy Winehouse 1,205,231

2 Life in Cartoon Motion - Mika 880,860

3 Beautiful World – Take That 674,000

Leona will probably sell more than 300 000 copies in her first and with Christmas arriving, Mika HAS to stay in the top 20 until christmas to keep its 2nd place because Leona will probably sell loads of copies (Take That sold more than 400 000 during Christmas week)

I think the argument that she must be a loveable person or with a very background is weak... I mean, any body with a minimum of knowledge in Music would admit that she has a strong, powerful voice... this is a fair reason why she can sell that many CDs...

Come on! There are thousands of female singers with a better voice than hers. So it's either her songs or her style/ personality has not be unique.... neither of which is...:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

It's just the hype Simon Cowell created.

Come on! There are thousands of female singers with a better voice than hers. So it's either her songs or her style/ personality has not be unique.... neither of which is...:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

It's just the hype Simon Cowell created.

Simon Cowell did not create her! He, with the Xfactor team, found her. She made huge performances during the show, most impressive ever for such a show.

There's always singers with a better voice than an other but as long as the voice is there, that's enough (it's a matter of tastes)... And at the moment, who has such a powerful voice (and new)?!

I heard her album and there's a big lack of originality but it's alright. Why I did that? because i enjoyed watching her last year for several weeks and wanted to hear her solo material. I bought the single because i like the song (80% for her voice) What don't you get there ?!

EDIT: within 3 days she sold 230 000 copies, so she should pass the 300K mark easily.

I heard her album and there's a big lack of originality but it's alright. Why I did that? because i enjoyed watching her last year for several weeks and wanted to hear her solo material. I bought the single because i like the song (80% for her voice) What don't you get there ?!

That's exactly why I think she will remain a UK success...

You watched all the shows, probably took part in the voting, too. You have partly created her.. Yes, it was you(i.e. the audience) in the first place, and it was only then when the stylists came with the mermaid look for the new video...

IT HAPPENS IN ALL COUNTRIES WITH XFACTOR WINNERS! It happened in mine, too, even though I think that in my country, the latest winner is much more original. (But then again, that's what people in other countries might claim about their winner, too)

It does not mean that she is not good, but I don't think she can be nearly as successful in other European countries as she is in the UK.

Perhaps she will remain someone like Simon Webbe - outside the UK not many people would have heard of him or the boyband he used to be in, even though he produces quite decent music.

You're not explaining what i wanted lol :)

She'll always be more popular in the UK for sure because of the show... But it doesn't mean she can't reach some other countries... I can clearly see that kind of songs popular abroad including the states, it's a matter of promotion then & taking the UK by storm as she is doing can only be good on ur CV. Previous winners had different songs with a cheesy Pop UK Sound, but this time that song can be exported... It's not a coincidence if famous producers wanted to work with her. You can hear the difference.

I/We didn't created her, we made her win the show because of her talent, she has all the credit for that, she is the one that sang beautifully all those songs!

She is the only one coming from X-Factor with such a strong impact (I don't mean sales for the moment, but i mean her voice and this huge buzz around her)

Bad week for Mika in The UK Charts

He lost 17 places in the album charts, He is now 27.

He is still the second best selling album of the year (a bit less than 900K copies) behind Amy but Leona Lewis sold a massive 376 000 copies in its first week and is set to sell a lot more until christmas... so he may lose his 2nd place...

He also lost the 2nd place for the best selling single of the year, Grace Kelly is now 3rd behind Leona & Rihanna...

Let's hope than Relax & Lollipop will push the album back in the top 10

• 5 weeks later...

I was (sadly) convinced MIKA was gonna fall off the Canadian charts this week, as LICM bottomed out at #94 on the Top 100 Albums list last week. Hooray for us! His album's up a little at #85 for the week ending 13 Dec 07 -- week 41 on the chart.

Alas, there are no singles charting here at the moment.

Finally: MIKA is coming to Vancouver! Woohoo! I get to see his show on February 15th. THANKS MIKA!

I was (sadly) convinced MIKA was gonna fall off the Canadian charts this week, as LICM bottomed out at #94 on the Top 100 Albums list last week. Hooray for us! His album's up a little at #85 for the week ending 13 Dec 07 -- week 41 on the chart.

Alas, there are no singles charting here at the moment.

Finally: MIKA is coming to Vancouver! Woohoo! I get to see his show on Februay 15th. THANKS MIKA!

oops sorry I didn't read this !:)

do you need an MFC badge????

suzanne