Mika records "Big Girl" w/new lyrics for Ugly Betty

titania

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are really good news! I can't wait to hear the song!

i was searching around you tube, and I didn't find it but i found the one where the Grace Kelly remix plays on the background. Here it is, in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplsRyG9tTE

That's awesome.

I like the original better. But still, it's MIKA!:biggrin2:

These are really good news! I can't wait to hear the song!

i was searching around you tube, and I didn't find it but i found the one where the Grace Kelly remix plays on the background. Here it is, in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplsRyG9tTE

Thanks for sharing! I have never seen the clip!

I kinda like that remix...it makes me wanna dance! lol:bleh:

I just read this on thefutoncritic.com

[08.15.07 - 10:50 AM]

"UGLY BETTY" IS "BRIGHTER, BOLDER, BETTYER" WITH A NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN FEATURING THE SERIES' CAST AND UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC'S HIT RECORDING ARTIST MIKA

Released by ABC

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

"UGLY BETTY" IS "BRIGHTER, BOLDER, BETTYER" WITH A NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN FEATURING THE SERIES' CAST AND UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC'S HIT RECORDING ARTIST MIKA

On-Air Campaign Premieres August 16

Exclusive Music Video "Betty Girl" Available at ABC.com

ABC premieres the new "Ugly Betty" marketing campaign, "Brighter, Bolder, Bettyer," on-air August 16 with new spots featuring the entire cast of the Emmy-nominated series. Featured in the campaign is music from Universal Republic's hit recording artist Mika. Mika re-recorded his smash single "Big Girl" (now "Betty Girl") from his chart topping album, "Life in Cartoon Motion," which is currently #1 in Europe, specifically for the campaign. The on-air campaign is produced by the Saline Project, who have created videos for Eminem, The Black Eyed Peas and The Hives, to name a few.

In addition, a music video featuring Mika recording "Betty Girl," along with scenes from his "Big Girl" music video, and memorable moments from Season One of "Ugly Betty," can be found on ABC.com.

About "Ugly Betty"

In the superficial world of high fashion, image is everything. Styles come and go, and the only constants are the superthin beauties who wear them. How can an ordinary size 12 girl from Queens possibly fit in?

"Ugly Betty" stars America Ferrera as Betty Suarez, Eric Mabius as Daniel Meade, Alan Dale as Bradford Meade, Tony Plana as Ignacio, Ana Ortiz as Hilda, Ashley Jensen as Christina, Becki Newton as Amanda, Mark Indelicato as Justin, Michael Urie as Marc, Kevin Sussman as Walter, Rebecca Romijn as Alexis Meade and Vanessa Williams as Wilhelmina Slater.

Based on "Yo Soy Betty La Fea," the groundbreaking Colombian telenovela that became an international phenomenon, "Ugly Betty" is from ABC Studios. Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award winner Salma Hayek is executive producer, along with Silvio Horta ("Urban Legends"), Ben Silverman, ("The Office"), Jose Tamez ("The Maldonado Miracle"), James Hayman ("Joan of Arcadia") and Marco Pennette ("Caroline in the City").

About Mika

Casablanca/Universal Republic's 23-year-old phenom recording artist, Mika, went straight to #1 on the UK album charts with his 11-song disk, moving 107,000 copies of the eclectic new album and adding to an unparalleled string of #1s for a debut artist: #1 single "Grace Kelly." The infectious single is also the #1 iTunes song in the UK, #1 on the national and regional airplay charts, as well as holding down the #1 video slot in the country. The charismatic newcomer also owns the #1 album on iTunes, an incredible launch for an artist who was turned down by virtually every record company with his visionary brand of groundbreaking, kiss-goodbye-the-cookie cutter song making.

The Lebanese migr has already topped the prestigious BBC Sound of Music Poll for 2007, which has anointed previously-unknown superstars such as 50 Cent and Keane. The London-based singer/songwriter has taken to describing himself on his delectable hand-scrawled MySpace site as "Beck via Queen and Elton John with a touch of Rufus W.," throwing in Harry Nilsson, of course. U.S. audiences are already getting their own healthy dose of the multi-talented performer, thanks to his hit video for "Grace Kelly," which has become a staple of MTV.

I don't know how to take that, because it still seems like MTV doesn't play him here in the US. But I liked the article all the same.

I'm so proud of him!

Well done Mika!!!

I reckon he should have sung in Spanish tough, as the original was Colombian (I say this because I'm assuming that he did it in English)

I'm sure he sang in english, but I would love love to hear Mika sing in spanish!!

I watched like half and episode of Ugly Betty and couldn't get into it at all. But I think that it's because I was comparing it to the Colombian version. But I'll watch tomorrow, see what it's like now.

There's a "making of" video of the new Betty Girl promo spot on the ABC website, it's hidden but it's there. You can here the new lyrics playing in the background too!

go to: http://www.abc.go.com/video/index and scroll down untill you see the behind the scenes section and click on the Ugly Betty vid.

It's funny that they all had no clue what the video was about, but the concept for the promo sounds very MIKA-ish, no? Hope this works for y'all and maybe it'll tide us over till we can see the real thing.

There's a "making of" video of the new Betty Girl promo spot on the ABC website, it's hidden but it's there. You can here the new lyrics playing in the background too!

go to: http://www.abc.go.com/video/index and scroll down untill you see the behind the scenes section and click on the Ugly Betty vid.

It's funny that they all had no clue what the video was about, but the concept for the promo sounds very MIKA-ish, no? Hope this works for y'all and maybe it'll tide us over till we can see the real thing.

OMG thank you soo much. I loved it. The lyrics haven't changed that much but i do think they should have kept it the words "real woman" rather than "bright eyed woman????" :blink: .

I can't believe Mika's song has been chosen as the music for the promo love it.

From a marketing standpoint, this will NO DOUBT get "Big Girl" to Top 30 on I-Tunes downloads. AS SOON as a song is featured on one of those shows, you see a MAJAH increase in downloads the next day. This will give him the promo he needs in the US, most definetly...Though, it's a shame this couldn't have been done with Grace Kelly.

Yes !!1 Like it would give that big support Mika needed !! Like on Friends that song its like totally a hit I thinkt hat would happend to Mika cause the show have a great audience and its sooo damn goood !! and plus your adding Mika this would be a hit you guys !!!!! :punk: