Mika o R1 40th birthday album.

RAK1

Mika is one of many artists appearing on R1s 40th birthday album.

All the artists are doing covers spanning the 40 years that R1 has been on the air. As of yet not sure what Mika is doing, but Groove Armada are doing Madonnas Crazy For You, The View are doing a Libertines track, Kylie is doing a Roxy Music song, Amy Winehouse is covering Cupid, from 1969 and The Kooks are doing Ace Of Bases All That She Wants.

More news when I hear it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a cool idea :P

I love radio 1's 'live lounge' program when artists do covers, and mika is a dab hand at doing it already :P Sweets Dreams and I Want You Back are huge favourites of mine as well as his others, and im always playing bab's vids of them at glastonbury on youtube :)

Keep us posted for when you find out what hes doing

Maybe he's gonna do the cover after the Umbrella -Rihanna:naughty:

hahaha:roftl: There are countless Umbrella covers around so why not Mika?! He can hold one of his colourful umbrellas and sing ella...ella...eh...eh...ella...:naughty:

hahaha:roftl: There are countless Umbrella covers around so why not Mika?! He can hold one of his colourful umbrellas and sing ella...ella...eh...eh...ella...:naughty:

Even a Dutch cover version: Onder mijn parapluutje...uutje...uutje... :blink:

Oh well, off topic. :biggrin2:

Dun do that! :mf_rosetinted:

This helps promoting her song

Actually i dun know why he brought umbrella on stage lately :boxed::biggrin2:

YAY, he's doing a Police song.

I was, and guess I still am, a huge Police fan. Zenyatta Mondatta is my favourite album of theirs, must dig it out and play it again it's been a while.

Can't wait to hear Mikas take on it. I know Groove Armada are doing a twisted version of the Madonna song with a male singer. So it would be good if Mika played around with it a bit.