Something is rotten in the state of Denmark - Mikas amazing chart jump

EnFa

Yep, ok, as a lot of you might know, Mikas popularity has been somewhere near zero for a while in DK. But then, today I looked in the newspaper..

In one week his CD, LiCM, went from place no. 29 to no. 3!

4 weeks ago, he wasn't even on the top 40! This is quite an achievement! (I mean, the list rarely changes, and the album was realesed early march! (where for a few weeks was at place 36))

Big applause, can't believe he managed to do this, not after what happened, and what the media has been saying about him.

... Coke all around

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, ok, as a lot of you might know, Mikas popularity has been somewhere near zero for a while in DK. But then, today I looked in the newspaper..

In one week, his CD, LiCM went from place no. 29 to no. 3!

4 weeks ago, he wasn't even on the top 40! This is quite an achievement! (I mean, the list rarely changes, and the album was realesed early march!)

Big applause, can't believe he managed to do this, not after what happened, and what the media has been saying about him.

... Coke all around

That's great news!!!:yay:

...but what has the media been saying about him??:blink:

Wow, that's quite a jump! Wish that would happen in the US!

If the media in Denmark has the same effect as it does in the US, any publicy is good publicy so it probably made people curious so they bought his album. Just my two cents...

Wow, that's quite a jump! Wish that would happen in the US!

If the media in Denmark has the same effect as it does in the US, any publicy is good publicy so it probably made people curious so they bought his album. Just my two cents...

yeah , I do wish it would do the same in the US....a lot of people havent heard of him which is probably why though.....oh well :biggrin2:

Weird!! What kind of a strange land is this? Is it safe for me to come to a Mika worshipping land? :mf_rosetinted:

Im still the only one I know, who likes him (well, allmost that is). So don't worry. You can come! :sneaky2:

Yeah, think so too. And maybe the commercials on TV.

But his videos havent been played much.

I'm starting to think Denmark is crazy (don't missunderstand me, I, like, really like that country), first they act weird to national hero -well, almost- Michael Rasmussen, and then they don't like Mika. Do these people know talent :blink:

*didn't mean to insult anyone*

Nice thread title BTW. :wink2:

Thanks my dear :cheerful_h4h:

I'm starting to think Denmark is crazy (don't missunderstand me, I, like, really like that country), first they act weird to national hero -well, almost- Michael Rasmussen, and then they don't like Mika. Do these people know talent :blink:

*didn't mean to insult anyone*

VIKING RAGE :sneaky2: .. Or not

That dude is no hero, he just rides a bike. I have no idea what has happened to him :naughty: People don't like Mika.. Bacause.. No specific reason I think. I know a girl who lives on a boarding school, where they only play Mika :blink: That scared me a little bit. Maybe they have all bought his album? It can't be many that have been sold.

Thank the Lord! I was worried about that! I need a break from Mikalovers. :mf_rosetinted:

You're surrounded by a lot of Mika haters too. Must balance things out, non?

LICM debuted at #2 in Canada I think because retailers were just stocking up at the first opportunity. It's sort have been up and down in the top 20 since March, depending on what's happening with the singles. Relax is doing well so it's on the rise again.

This can happen easily in a small countries because actual units sold is not very high. I believe it only took 6,000 copies to push him to #2 that week.

I'd be interested to see what the charts look like in Denmark next week. If he's gaining momentum or it's a bit of a one-off.

You're surrounded by a lot of Mika haters too. Must balance things out, non?

LICM debuted at #2 in Canada I think because retailers were just stocking up at the first opportunity. It's sort have been up and down in the top 20 since March, depending on what's happening with the singles. Relax is doing well so it's on the rise again.

This can happen easily in a small countries because actual units sold is not very high. I believe it only took 6,000 copies to push him to #2 that week.

I'd be interested to see what the charts look like in Denmark next week. If he's gaining momentum or it's a bit of a one-off.

Next week it's down to 39 again I guess :naughty:

EnFa...not to insult you or anything but...Denmark is weird:blink: I can still come to Legoland right?:biggrin2: Or are you gonna boycot me?:blink:

Of course you can! :biggrin2: Just as long you don't bye any Mika related. Then i would have to shoot you. :shocked:

*Run run run so fast as you can*