I Respect Freddie

babspanky

Well, you know, I love reading this and I love to post whenever I can, but to be real honest: Sometimes it goes to fast for me to be able to keep up!:thumb_yello:

My native language isn't English and when you are using all this popular expressions and shortenings my dictonary don't get it!!:shocked:

But on the other hand I have a good time reading and I'm learning all the time!

This is the best way to learn English ever, school... bah!:bleh:

What I'm trying to say is: To make jokes in another language is really difficult, I wish I could be funnier!!:biggrin2:

You do OK Sienna! If you are not sure, just say and we will try to explain. I will probably make you more confused! :naughty:

Some of the younglings in particular have excellent English, EnFa for example. It is really impressive!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do OK Sienna! If you are not sure, just say and we will try to explain. I will probably make you more confused! :naughty:

Some of the younglings in particular have excellent English, EnFa for example. It is really impressive!

Thank's babspanky!:biggrin2:

Sounds good!:naughty:

Yeah, I envy thoose younglings, you know, they are so fast at their computers too!:wink2:

Right. I am officially going to make my say now. It's probably all been said before and if it has, I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to read it all over again.

Like the rest of you I have been seeing a lot "Freddie" threads lately. A "touch Freddie" thread, a "dreams about Freddie" thread...

Now, I know Freddie, or rather DAVE, is a big boy and he can take care of himself, stick up for himself, but I think everyone's fun has kinda stepped over the mark now.

I remember with the Girls Thread people used to insult it, practically spit on it because they didnt like what was going in there (when in fact that was the past, it's not at all like it used to be, even when people said that. They just remembered its history and ASSUMED it was the same, despite not checking it out)

Now, I haven't checked out these threads myself, and I'm not going to insult them, but by reading the titles I can guess what they are about.

If you are indeed playfully sexualising images, I, including the rest of the Girls Thread AND other fans, can relate to it. We do it all the time with Mika, don't we? We mean it in a fun harmless way and we don't at all take it seriously, but I think we all must realise where the line must be drawn. We don't always talk about that stuff in the Girls thread (and most of the time it's about other boys, or we ask questions and learn, it's actually educational) and more often than not, we just have pleasant conversations.

However, there are a couple of Freddie threads.

Whether Freddie minds this or not, I don't know. Freddie is an extremely nice person (too nice sometimes, in my opinion) and I don't think we should...take advantage. Freddie IS after all a Mod and he can ban you if he likes. You can't just think "oh I can say this, Freddie won't mind" because he MIGHT, and he DOES have the power to stop you.

Like I said, I know it's all for fun...but some of us think it's getting a bit much now. If you can all condense it into one thread WITH Freddie's permission, fine, but there isn't really much need to create multiple threads about it.

I hope none of you think I'm being horrible or patronising, I don't mean to be, I'm just expressing myself.

This is after all, my interpretation.

And if any of you are going to quote me, please comment NICELY, with RELEVANT solutions/ideas/thoughts etc. I believe this post is actually quite a nice post, and there will be no need for nastyness/bitterness/sarcasm. It will be un-needed and unnecessary, and I won't tolerate getting bitten if I don't deserve it.

Over and out.

Caz, very nicely, get off your high horse and enjoy yourself for once.

If you think FD has a problem with these threads, speak to him. I assure you it is not the case.

And perhaps if you think a thread is out of order, you should report it to the mods, instead of trying to moderate it yourself?

Just a suggestion?

Caz, very nicely, get off your high horse and enjoy yourself for once.

If you think FD has a problem with these threads, speak to him. I assure you it is not the case.

well that's okay. like i said i didnt know if freddie does have a problem with it but i was also expressing my own opinion. thats allowed, right?

but about the multiple threads...it costs, doesn't it? isn't that why we close threads if there's been one the same/similar before it? I think that's another issue...thats why I mentioned about the multiple Freddie threads.

And I do enjoy myself, thankyou. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here :)

well that's okay. like i said i didnt know if freddie does have a problem with it but i was also expressing my own opinion. thats allowed, right?

but about the multiple threads...it costs, doesn't it? isn't that why we close threads if there's been one the same/similar before it? I think that's another issue...thats why I mentioned about the multiple Freddie threads.

And I do enjoy myself, thankyou. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here :)

It costs and I pay. Fair deal. I think there are many other threads that could be knocked on the head if you want me to start though.

And perhaps if you think a thread is out of order, you should report it to the mods, instead of trying to moderate it yourself?

Just a suggestion?

I'm not moderating any threads. I put my post in THIS thread, the "I respect Freddie" thread, because I am ON YOUR SIDE, babs. It is the other threads that I am slightly concerned with and if I wanted to "moderate" them I'd post on those threads.

I was simply expressing my own opinion and thoughts. I wasn't trying to be high-all-mighty. I'm NOT a Mod, I'm just a regular Mika fan on this thread, I know that.

You even said yourself that you were disturbed about the Freddie threads and Freddie being subjected to being a sexual object and being treated like a piece of meat. I was pretty much saying the same thing.

But Freddie actually took part in those threads.

And before opening this one, Kata and I were talking to him on MSN about it - he thought it was funny.

I am sure if the was sick of it, he would either have stopped the threads at the beginning or locked the threads later?

* Not quite sure why I am explaining my actions here though.

I'm not moderating any threads. I put my post in THIS thread, the "I respect Freddie" thread, because I am ON YOUR SIDE, babs. It is the other threads that I am slightly concerned with and if I wanted to "moderate" them I'd post on those threads.

I was simply expressing my own opinion and thoughts. I wasn't trying to be high-all-mighty. I'm NOT a Mod, I'm just a regular Mika fan on this thread, I know that.

You even said yourself that you were disturbed about the Freddie threads and Freddie being subjected to being a sexual object and being treated like a piece of meat. I was pretty much saying the same thing.

Ever heard of irony?:mf_rosetinted:

Oh wow, Caz was for real with that post?? I thought that with gems like these, considering the Too Much Mika Love thread, it was all an elaborate satire!

I think everyone's fun has kinda stepped over the mark now.

Now, I haven't checked out these threads myself, and I'm not going to insult them, but by reading the titles I can guess what they are about.

I think we all must realise where the line must be drawn.

Freddie is an extremely nice person (too nice sometimes, in my opinion) and I don't think we should...take advantage.

You can't just think "oh I can say this, Freddie won't mind" because he MIGHT

Like I said, I know it's all for fun...but some of us think it's getting a bit much now.

I hope none of you think I'm being horrible or patronising, I don't mean to be, I'm just expressing myself.

Please please tell me it's a satire. :roftl: Because the idea of being seriously concerned that Freddie is being subjected to "too many threads" that are "all in fun" but "treat him as a piece of meat," oh man... :lmfao:

--Jack

Oh wow, Caz was for real with that post?? I thought that with gems like these, considering the Too Much Mika Love thread, it was all an elaborate satire!

Please please tell me it's a satire. :roftl:

--Jack

Oh! I didn't consider that! How silly of me of all people!:roftl:

Keep it up, Caz, you are so funny! It's just what this thread needs. :naughty:

--Jack

Hey, I was being completely serious you know!! :shocked:

when you see all these sexualised freddie threads and then this respect freddie thread...what WAS i supposed to think? :boxed:

:blink: :blink: