Mika vs Mika: The Mikster might have to change his name...

Niki27

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame M's mother? NEVER! She actually did a pretty good job ;)

but she's caused so much trouble for his name!

first she puts her foot down when her husband suggested michael junior!

she then called him Mica and he kept getting called "mischa" or "mike-uh"

so he changed it to Mika just so people could pronounce it right and KABOOM - some unknown Mika woman thing wants to sue him :mf_rosetinted:

see? its mrs. pennimans fault :mf_rosetinted:

well then we should all blame mika's mother for stopping her husband naming him Michael Junior!!!! DAMN YOU MRS. PENNIMAN!!! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO YOUR OWN SON!!!!!

:mf_rosetinted:

it would be funny if he'd change his name for Michael:biggrin2:

But there would even more problems...:boxed:

it would be funny if he'd change his name for Michael:biggrin2:

But there would even more problems...:boxed:

For Junior you mean?

Oh MY could you imagine yourself being a Junior fan, going to a Junior Gig, posting Juniorgasmic pics on the Junior Fan Club??

*dies*

His real name is indeed MiCa.

So It wouldn't bother me at all if he change "Mika "into "Mica"

I think I would like it even more because it is his real name in the original writing.

he's a very original artist who thinks staying your self is important.

What is more being your-self then using your real original name .

It would be very mika-isch and now that everyone knows how the name is pronounced there is no reason anymore for the name mika.

Probably there will be someone-else whit the name Mica but what can they do?

Nothing,because it’s his real name and I can not believe it is against the law to use your own name.

And for everyone who has something(mika stuff)whit the name Mika on it ,it may not be a problem

because it means you are a fan from in the beginning when the artist Mica was still Mika.

If it is something original it could even become an collector’s item in 10 years from now, that is if he’s still famous (I really hope he will be and if he takes care of himself and stay’s himself it would not be a problem for him to be still famous in 10 years from now)

So Mika or Mica I don’t care as long he keeps the name Mika/Mica but please nothing else.

Ahahahah I've been laughing since I read the news!

I imagine people buying tickets for a gig expecting to see OUR Mika but the only thing they could see arriving on stage is that belgian woman....

How disappointing!!! ahahah

( I hope it didn't happen to one of you...)

Ahahahah I've been laughing since I read the news!

I imagine people buying tickets for a gig expecting to see OUR Mika but the only thing they could see arriving on stage is that belgian woman....

How disappointing!!! ahahah

( I hope it didn't happen to one of you...)

lol That really is an awful thought!!! :shocked::biggrin2::wink2:

But I'm almost sure that it didn't happen to me...:bleh:

Oh, cry me a fecking river.

She's just jealous because she isn't as cool as the Mika: the sequel.

And while we're on the subject, if I sued every person with my name, I'd be so freaking rich by now, I'd be typing this from a castle in Germany.

OK so this could backfire for the Belgian girl if the court finds that she has to use HER last name to distinguish herself...

Let's try a little google for Mika.

What comes up?

First 8 hits, all our Mika,

9th hit, a musician in India called Mika Singh, (I'd be curious to know if she has bothered to put him into the lawsuit, as his site is filled with "Mika" stuff, and somewhat disconcertingly, many photos looking down the double barrels of a gun)

10th hit is our very own MFC

11th is mika a German group

12th is the reggae girls Mika

13th is Mika the king of Polynesian cabaret

then the list goes on, somewhere there we get Mika Hakkinen, the Sadistic Mika band, Mika Nakashima from Japan....is she going to sue all of these artists and famous people...

sort of makes us wonder if she isn't just doing this for her own publicity.:boxed:

I think it only happen in US...

When somebody get famous / rich , someone suddenly appear somewhere to sue someone......it's too weird

i know there is a Korean singer "Rain" also because of name problem, he didn't succeed to hold his concert in US....

well, though im not a fan of him

i think it is totally nonsense

and they act uncivilized but pretend they are legalistic :raygun:

also, she should be shamed on herself :annoyed_h4h:

as no one know there is a Belgium woman called "Mika"....at least not as big as our MIKA :biggrin2:

Mica doesn't have to be directly interfering with her career, all she has to prove is that the fact that he uses this stage name has effected her career wise.

The fact that she has filed it in Belgium could make it regional, European IP is slightly different in that sense and I'd have to look it up.

The fact the Mika hasn't heard of her doesn't mean a thing unfortunatly, it is not her responsibility to bring it to anyone elses attention if she had filed for it to be registered.

You're third point is where this thing gets complicated, it's still kind under debate in many Countries on how you register a name. Technically (in the UK at least) it can't be copyrighted because it has no artist or interlectual value like a song, a novel or a piece of art does.

You could Trademark the name but again that would be difficult under current ruling because you would have to prove that your name is unique in that field!

Argghhhh...If I go any further I'll start getting all technical!

The Basic Problem: They are both using the same Stage name in the same area of the Arts and she has it registered he doesn't!

It's stange that Mica didn't copyright his name as an artist.

He always says he's paranoid.

How could he forget that? :blink:

...:boxed:...

*goes all childish*

But it's a NAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!

hang on, do we even know when she copyrighted her name or whatever you call it? maybe she did when she discovered our Mika :naughty:

1983! I would like to know the month.

If she copyrighted after august, yeah she stole his name!!! :naughty: