Hollis and Sarie's Thread of Randomness (All are Welcome!)

backflip_76

SO NOW YOU'RE AN ALCOHOLIC?!

Oh, I guess I should just put some RUM in your tea if I want you to come around.:sneaky2:

no no silly, i had water :D

hee hee, she squeezed her cup too hard and the lid popped off :roftl:

It's so cool that you guys have met eachother...my mum's quite paranoid about online things, she won't let me meet anyone who lives nearby. She doesn't really like me even being on this website.

my mom about had an annurism, but jess's mom was really nice, so my mom calmed down after a bit. :D

Silly girl, it's only 2 hours difference. :bleh: In January I'm studying abroad in Paris, and it's 6 hours difference. Then as soon as I get back I'm going to Montana with my parents to visit my brother. That's really gonna mess me up.

I love the west!

yeah, but time changes really screw up my body clock.

i haven't been able to fall asleep till about 2 in the morning. >.<

Hilary, can I ask you a serious question?

Mormons don't believe in drinking alcohol or caffeine, right?

So do you guys use real wine during communion? Or do you just not have communion?

yep :thumb_yello:

well, the caffeine thing is more or less so we don't have any addictions, same with the alcohol, but i drink caffeine all the time! :D

communion?

like sacrament?

we use water instead of wine for sacrament.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so cool! Yeah...I dunno, maybe I can covince my mum to come with me at first or something if I ever meet up with anyone. She probably wouldn't, though...

My mom was with me when I met my friend. We sort of talked about meeting at one of the shows this band did (it was a free concert every night for a week, and we both went most of the nights). And that day I went with my mom and my neighbor. And I didn't know if I'd see her or not, but then I was walking by the stage and saw someone staring at me, and I was like "AHH, it's her!"

My mom was with me when I met my friend. We sort of talked about meeting at one of the shows this band did (it was a free concert every night for a week, and we both went most of the nights). And that day I went with my mom and my neighbor. And I didn't know if I'd see her or not, but then I was walking by the stage and saw someone staring at me, and I was like "AHH, it's her!"

haha, both jess's and my mother were with us when we met up :roftl:

you could spot her from mile away with her big 'ol sign!

really?

i LOVE vancouver!

and victoria!

so beautiful :biggrin2:

...and so very, very wet...but I love it here really.

Haha, God it'd be so weird for me!

yep :thumb_yello:

well, the caffeine thing is more or less so we don't have any addictions, same with the alcohol, but i drink caffeine all the time! :D

communion?

like sacrament?

we use water instead of wine for sacrament.

Yeah, I sort of figured the caffeine thing wasn't super strict. Just thought I'd educate myself.:biggrin2:

Yea, the sacrament. Bread and wine, "this is my blood" thing. Don't you guys call it communion?

And WATER?! REALLY?! That's so neat. I never knew that.:shocked: Wow, how weird. Not weird bad, just weird weird. My church uses wine, but the other church I go to sometimes uses grape juice.

I would love to go back again! And I would love to explore Vancouver...all I basically saw was the airport. :roftl:

But the airport's still really nice! I mean, indoor waterfalls and everything. :biggrin2: You should definitely go to Stanley Park of you come back again, it's lovely there

I would love to go back again! And I would love to explore Vancouver...all I basically saw was the airport. :roftl:

Well, I'm off to bed you lovely ladies. Goodnight! :)

Goodnight, roomie. :tears: <3

Yeah, I sort of figured the caffeine thing wasn't super strict. Just thought I'd educate myself.:biggrin2:

Yea, the sacrament. Bread and wine, "this is my blood" thing. Don't you guys call it communion?

And WATER?! REALLY?! That's so neat. I never knew that.:shocked: Wow, how weird. Not weird bad, just weird weird. My church uses wine, but the other church I go to sometimes uses grape juice.

nope, we just call it the sacrament.

yep, we have special little plastic cups a little bit bigger than a thimble for the water.

what does wine taste like?

(wow i sound so naiive!):roftl:

yep, we have special little plastic cups a little bit bigger than a thimble for the water.

Well there's like 7 major sacraments in the Catholic church... trying to remember all of them. Baptism, Eucharist (which is communion), Confirmation, Holy Orders, Marriage... and two more I can't think of, for some reason. So if we just called it 'the sarcrament', it would be confusing.:naughty:

Wine sort of tastes like.... hmm. Did you ever drink sparkling grape juice? It sort of tastes like that, only it's not fizzy. It still has that little bit of a tingling sensation. And it tastes more like grape jelly. The stuff we use, anyway. After a while, it sort of tastes like morning breath. :sad:

plus, Catholics believe it literally turns into the body and blood of Christ. but people are like "OMGZ UR CANNIBALS!", but we don't think it literally turns into his HUMAN flesh. we think it turns into his spiritual flesh. sort of like eating a ghost cracker, if you will.

mahaha, so there's this hair restoration commerical on, and this guys like "it's your real hair, you wash it, you cut it, you swim with it."

swim with hair?

ROFL. Yes, you take off your hair and put little water wingies on it.

So you're not allowed wine at all?

Well it depends really...it's kind of hard to descrie...like, really really really fermented fruit. I notice more how it feels...it feel warm after you swallow it :biggrin2:

And no, I am not an alcoholic. I swear.

Well it depends really...it's kind of hard to descrie...like, really really really fermented fruit. I notice more how it feels...it feel warm after you swallow it :biggrin2:

EXACTLY! It TASTES warm. It sort of stings a little bit, but not in a painful way. Just in a "ooh, that's alcohol." way.

Like, if you have rubbing alcohol in your house for cleaning cuts and whatnot, and you smell it, wine sort of tastes like that smells.

Well there's like 7 major sacraments in the Catholic church... trying to remember all of them. Baptism, Eucharist (which is communion), Confirmation, Holy Orders, Marriage... and two more I can't think of, for some reason. So if we just called it 'the sarcrament', it would be confusing.:naughty:

Wine sort of tastes like.... hmm. Did you ever drink sparkling grape juice? It sort of tastes like that, only it's not fizzy. It still has that little bit of a tingling sensation. And it tastes more like grape jelly. The stuff we use, anyway. After a while, it sort of tastes like morning breath. :sad:

plus, Catholics believe it literally turns into the body and blood of Christ. but people are like "OMGZ UR CANNIBALS!", but we don't think it literally turns into his HUMAN flesh. we think it turns into his spiritual flesh. sort of like eating a ghost cracker, if you will.

for the Mormons, we have Baptism, Confirmation and Marriage, but they aren't like a special sacrament.

with the baptism, you have to be 8 years and older, then after you are baptized, you are confirmed as a member of the church.

for marriage, there are the temple marriages, so pretty much self explainatory.

that's lame they think it turns in to real flesh.

SARIE'S A CANNIBAL!!:roftl:

is it Catholics who have the wafer things too?

EXACTLY! It TASTES warm. It sort of stings a little bit, but not in a painful way. Just in a "ooh, that's alcohol." way.

Like, if you have rubbing alcohol in your house for cleaning cuts and whatnot, and you smell it, wine sort of tastes like that smells.

Yeah. Once you've had about half a glass it stops stinging...for me at least...

ROFL. Yes, you take off your hair and put little water wingies on it.

ROFL!!!

well..we're not like a cult where it's forbidden.

we can do pretty much what ever we want.

so, we can drink, smoke, be immoral, whatever.

because we have agency, we can choose what we do, but there are also consequences.

Mormons think of their bodies as temples, so that means we just need to keep our bodies clean of the things that aren't good for it.

*whew*

is it Catholics who have the wafer things too?

Yup, it's basically bread without yeast. Flour and water.

They either look like this:

communion-wafer-2.jpg

or this:

wafers.jpg

Other churches us them to, like the Episcopal church. My friend is Byzantine, and I think hers uses it, too. I don't know. I might spend the night at her house this Saturday, and if I do, I'll be going to Byzantine Mass with her, so I'll find out then.:thumb_yello: