Universal Republic Stars, Amy Winehouse and Mika, to Release Special Live DVDs in U.S

dcdeb

This is exciting news for me, since it's the first I've heard that this is actually going to be released in the US as well as in Europe! :biggrin2:

Universal Republic Stars, Amy Winehouse and Mika, to Release Special Live DVDs in U.S. November 13

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Two of Universal Republic Records’ brightest stars are releasing special live DVDs this fall, the multi-award winning Amy Winehouse and acclaimed singing sensation Mika. Both DVDs are deluxe packages that will include an array of special features and behind the scenes footage of the two British stars.

Already hailed as one of the decade’s top live performers, Amy gives us fair warning with the devilishly titled I Told You I Was Trouble. The DVD features as its centerpiece a rollicking and emotive 60 minute concert performance filmed live from London’s 104 year old Sheperd’s Bush Empire. Mika’s offering, Live In Cartoon Motion, captures the star at his show stopping best, thrilling a sold-out audience of 4,000 fans at France’s famed L’Olympia venue.

For Amy Winehouse fans, I Told You I Was Trouble also serves up a potpourri of bonus material including a 50 minute film chronicling her incredible rise as one of music’s most colorful and acclaimed new voices; never-before-seen early performances; an interview with her father, and other rare, behind the scenes glimpses of the British siren. Showcasing her hit songs from her UK debut release Frank and the international platinum-plus release Back To Black (recently passing the 3 million sales milestone worldwide), the concert from Sheperd’s Bush features “You Know I’m No Good,” “Tears Dry On Their Own”, Amy’s cover of the Zuton’s “Valerie”, and her Billboard topping hit “Rehab,” among others.

Mika’s Live In Cartoon Motion marks the first time the energetic star’s lively show has been filmed in its entirety. Directed by Matt Askem (David Bowie, Paul Weller,) it captures Mika’s flamboyant stage presence, with the star performing most of the songs from his 3 million selling worldwide debut album Life In Cartoon Motion, including “Relax, Take It Easy,” “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful),” and the global chart-topping “Grace Kelly.” Using 10 cameras and shot in high definition, the DVD also features a documentary chronicling Mika’s escapades throughout his much heralded world tour, a highly-raved-about romp that the caused San Francisco Chronicle to proclaim the star “an incredible showman.” Nominated for two MTV Europe Music Awards earlier this week, the tireless star will tour Europe this fall, returning to his native England for a series of live shows in late November and early December.

Emerging almost unanimously as the most highly touted UK singer in years, Amy’s Back to Black CD has remained a mainstay of the Billboard Top Albums charts since its release 6 months ago. Reaching the #1 plateau in England at the beginning of the year, the mesmerizing artist also possessed the hottest single on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart most of the summer, with her sizzling single “Rehab” scorching its way up the Top Ten, and nailing the #1 spot on the Billboard R&B singles chart. Back To Black has sold more than 3 million albums worldwide, making it one of the most successful debuts of the year. Among Amy’s many awards is the coveted Brit Award for Best British Female Solo Artist, a Best Jazz Crossover album Honor at the Ronnie Scotts Jazz Awards, and an Ivor Novello Award (she won her first in 2003) for “Rehab” in the Best Contemporary song category. Most recently, she received a MOBO Award (Music Of Black Origin) in London, winning as best UK female artist. The singer-songwriter’s brassy mix of soulful vocals tinged with 60’s girl-group stylings/sly funk and jazz has seen her become one of the most critically acclaimed new artist’s in years, with Rolling Stone and Spin magazine featuring her in dueling cover stories this summer. Amy is currently preparing for a live tour of Europe later this fall.

http://www.umrg.com

October 02, 2007 01:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exciting news for me, since it's the first I've heard that this is actually going to be released in the US as well as in Europe! :biggrin2:

Universal Republic Stars, Amy Winehouse and Mika, to Release Special Live DVDs in U.S. November 13

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Two of Universal Republic Records’ brightest stars are releasing special live DVDs this fall, the multi-award winning Amy Winehouse and acclaimed singing sensation Mika. Both DVDs are deluxe packages that will include an array of special features and behind the scenes footage of the two British stars.

Already hailed as one of the decade’s top live performers, Amy gives us fair warning with the devilishly titled I Told You I Was Trouble. The DVD features as its centerpiece a rollicking and emotive 60 minute concert performance filmed live from London’s 104 year old Sheperd’s Bush Empire. Mika’s offering, Live In Cartoon Motion, captures the star at his show stopping best, thrilling a sold-out audience of 4,000 fans at France’s famed L’Olympia venue.

For Amy Winehouse fans, I Told You I Was Trouble also serves up a potpourri of bonus material including a 50 minute film chronicling her incredible rise as one of music’s most colorful and acclaimed new voices; never-before-seen early performances; an interview with her father, and other rare, behind the scenes glimpses of the British siren. Showcasing her hit songs from her UK debut release Frank and the international platinum-plus release Back To Black (recently passing the 3 million sales milestone worldwide), the concert from Sheperd’s Bush features “You Know I’m No Good,” “Tears Dry On Their Own”, Amy’s cover of the Zuton’s “Valerie”, and her Billboard topping hit “Rehab,” among others.

Mika’s Live In Cartoon Motion marks the first time the energetic star’s lively show has been filmed in its entirety. Directed by Matt Askem (David Bowie, Paul Weller,) it captures Mika’s flamboyant stage presence, with the star performing most of the songs from his 3 million selling worldwide debut album Life In Cartoon Motion, including “Relax, Take It Easy,” “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful),” and the global chart-topping “Grace Kelly.” Using 10 cameras and shot in high definition, the DVD also features a documentary chronicling Mika’s escapades throughout his much heralded world tour, a highly-raved-about romp that the caused San Francisco Chronicle to proclaim the star “an incredible showman.” Nominated for two MTV Europe Music Awards earlier this week, the tireless star will tour Europe this fall, returning to his native England for a series of live shows in late November and early December.

Emerging almost unanimously as the most highly touted UK singer in years, Amy’s Back to Black CD has remained a mainstay of the Billboard Top Albums charts since its release 6 months ago. Reaching the #1 plateau in England at the beginning of the year, the mesmerizing artist also possessed the hottest single on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart most of the summer, with her sizzling single “Rehab” scorching its way up the Top Ten, and nailing the #1 spot on the Billboard R&B singles chart. Back To Black has sold more than 3 million albums worldwide, making it one of the most successful debuts of the year. Among Amy’s many awards is the coveted Brit Award for Best British Female Solo Artist, a Best Jazz Crossover album Honor at the Ronnie Scotts Jazz Awards, and an Ivor Novello Award (she won her first in 2003) for “Rehab” in the Best Contemporary song category. Most recently, she received a MOBO Award (Music Of Black Origin) in London, winning as best UK female artist. The singer-songwriter’s brassy mix of soulful vocals tinged with 60’s girl-group stylings/sly funk and jazz has seen her become one of the most critically acclaimed new artist’s in years, with Rolling Stone and Spin magazine featuring her in dueling cover stories this summer. Amy is currently preparing for a live tour of Europe later this fall.

SCORE!

Finally, us Americans get a taste of the Mika pie!

It says its being released November 13th!

I'm in the US (California) from November 1st - November 6th! :thumbdown:

*crosses fingers that its released in Canada some time soon*

Thank you for posting this. Such great news!!! :biggrin2:

(So, this is the same DVD being released in the UK?)

Yes, it seems like it is :thumb_yello:

I can't find it on amazon.com yet, so it doesn't seem to be available

for pre-order... but I'll keep checking back and will post if I find it

anywhere!

dcdeb