advice for dec 3

gabiklaf

hello my name is gabi klaf. i have been a mika fan since this past summer when my brother michael introduced me to him. have been madly hooked ever since. the music really inspires me, brings out this awesome joy for life, and a cool truth. well love it. my brother is coming from houston; i'm coming from israel. we would really love to meet mika. i'm working on a truly special gift for him and want to give it to him personally. advice. please. how do we get to see him and band- backstage, after parties.... whatever.

thank you sooo much. we are flying in just for the concert and i can't tell you how excited i am. thank you for the help.

also, would love to meet some uk fans. any more fan houses open?

gabi:biggrin2:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gabi,

Fans can usually meet Mika coming in and out of the venue. He arrives for a soundcheck in the afternoon and leaves an hour or two after the show. It might be difficult in London because there will be so many hardcore fans and it's his hometown so he will be busy with family, friends and probably even celebrity guests, especially after the show.

Are you only going to be in town on the 3rd or can you go to the Brixton Academy on the 2nd or 4th? Basically you just need to hang around to increase your chances of being in the right place at the right time.

Hello

welcome to the Mfc

i will be attending that concert aswell and as for getting a gift for mika and giving it to him personally my advice is for you to just hang around after the concert in hope he will come out but there is no guarenteed way its all down to luck :thumb_yello:

Hi and welcome!

My advice being the UK REP is not to get your heart set on meeting MIKA.

He is very busy and gets very tired after performing so sometimes does not come out and see fans at all.

When he first started out he played small venues and usually met fans, but now he is so big all over the world it is hard to meet all the fans requests. Many still assume they should meet him and come away disappointed but really it is just luck and how MIKA feels at that moment in time. Afterall how many other pop stars come out and meet and greet their fans?

If you do wait around make sure you are with other people and be careful not to get lost and keep safe.:biggrin2:

xxx

Afterall how many other pop stars come out and meet and greet their fans?

Actually a lot of them do. I'm not sure why Mika seems to be shrouded in this myth that he's the only artist who speaks to his fans. I've met a lot of musicians in my time. Some of them because I was in the industry but a lot of times because I went where I knew they'd likely be available to talk to fans.

Suzy and I ran into the boys from Fratelli and we weren't even trying to meet them. They were just hanging out on the street talking to everyone.

I agree with you though that it's hit or miss if you're only going to one gig. I think London is going to be especially tough. He's going to be extremely busy and probably tired at the end of his tour.

Actually a lot of them do. I'm not sure why Mika seems to be shrouded in this myth that he's the only artist who speaks to his fans. I've met a lot of musicians in my time. Some of them because I was in the industry but a lot of times because I went where I knew they'd likely be available to talk to fans.

Suzy and I ran into the boys from Fratelli and we weren't even trying to meet them. They were just hanging out on the street talking to everyone.

I agree with you though that it's hit or miss if you're only going to one gig. I think London is going to be especially tough. He's going to be extremely busy and probably tired at the end of his tour.

You must just be a lucky girlie! as I have seen heaps of bands too and only met MIKA! Met and seen loads of actors but somehow not the same!

What I was trying to say is just don't just assume you will meet MIKA and have respect if you do meet him!

Does that sound better! LOL!

xx

You must just be a lucky girlie! as I have seen heaps of bands too and only met MIKA! Met and seen loads of actors but somehow not the same!

What I was trying to say is just don't just assume you will meet MIKA and have respect if you do meet him!

Does that sound better! LOL!

xx

Sorry Daisy, not trying to pick on you :blush-anim-cl: I've just heard many people say that Mika is so accessible and no one else is. Maybe it's different in the UK? Tighter security?

Suzy told me that Mika was standing around the club in Toronto by himself with no one to talk to when she approached him. Can you imagine? I was feeling lazy and didn't bother to stick around. :doh:

and have respect if you do meet him!

Shouldn't it go without saying that people ought to respect anyone they meet and not just Mika? :naughty:

Suzy told me that Mika was standing around the club in Toronto by himself with no one to talk to when she approached him. Can you imagine? I was feeling lazy and didn't bother to stick around. :doh:

Oh I wish I had met him in similar circumstances! I'd still be speaking to him now (or until he had had me forcefully removed):roftl:

How unlucky for you Christine! Or for Mika missing out on meeting you :bleh:

How unlucky for you Christine! Or for Mika missing out on meeting you :bleh:

Not unlucky really. I just hadn't been possessed by the spirit of Mika insanity yet and didn't much care. Can't tell you how much I'm going to regret it when I'm standing outside the Brixton Academy for 8 hours just to catch a glimpse. :sneaky2:

And yeah, Mika doesn't know what he's missing! :mf_rosetinted:

hello my name is gabi klaf. i have been a mika fan since this past summer when my brother michael introduced me to him. have been madly hooked ever since. the music really inspires me, brings out this awesome joy for life, and a cool truth. well love it. my brother is coming from houston; i'm coming from israel. we would really love to meet mika. i'm working on a truly special gift for him and want to give it to him personally. advice. please. how do we get to see him and band- backstage, after parties.... whatever.

thank you sooo much. we are flying in just for the concert and i can't tell you how excited i am. thank you for the help.

also, would love to meet some uk fans. any more fan houses open?

gabi:biggrin2:

שלום גבי!

איזה כיף שיש כאן עוד מישהי שמאהדת את מיקה מהארץ!

אני גם אהיה בהופעה ב-3 בדצמבר - מקווה לראות אותך ואת מיקה כמובן

רבקה

thank you guys. thanks so much for the warm welcome. maybe maybe maybe my brother and i will get to go on dec 2 also. depends if we find cheap sleeping arrangements. we'll see.

so, to give me the best chances of maybe maybe maybe seeing him dec 3 in the afternoon. can my brother and i meet with mfc people going and come into the concert with you guys. that way i think we will more probably be at the right place at the right time before and after the concert so that i can personally give him my gift. and, he recognizes you guys cuz you have been to so many shows that i may actually get to seeeeeeeeeeeeeee him.

thanks again!!

gabi

i'm blushing:blush-anim-cl:

i barely have time to send a reply, and a dozen of you are wishing me love and luck and giving me honest advice.

yes, of course, i will respect mika, as well as hopefully, the majority of people who i meet walking on mother earth. i respect his work, what he says in his interviews, all i know about him so far- i'll try not to jump into his lap and kiss him, i'll try. i'll really really really try.

yes, i will be sad and disappointed if i don't get to personally give him my gift but you guys are helping me understand that it is a matter of luck and mika's mood and i may just not get to see him at all.

still... one area you have not yet answered for me friends: can i meet with you guys when you go to early and stay late so that i can raise my chances of being in the right place at the right time. i know you guys have more experience with knowing where to be and i would really really really appreciate some guidance/ big brother me someone, ok?

OOOOHHH. looked online and there are like 5 different chelsea houses in london. hotel, guest hostel.... can someone give me the address of the one we are talking about so i can try to stay in the right one.

all my love:wub2:

gabi

i'm blushing:blush-anim-cl:

i barely have time to send a reply, and a dozen of you are wishing me love and luck and giving me honest advice.

yes, of course, i will respect mika, as well as hopefully, the majority of people who i meet walking on mother earth. i respect his work, what he says in his interviews, all i know about him so far- i'll try not to jump into his lap and kiss him, i'll try. i'll really really really try.

yes, i will be sad and disappointed if i don't get to personally give him my gift but you guys are helping me understand that it is a matter of luck and mika's mood and i may just not get to see him at all.

still... one area you have not yet answered for me friends: can i meet with you guys when you go to early and stay late so that i can raise my chances of being in the right place at the right time. i know you guys have more experience with knowing where to be and i would really really really appreciate some guidance/ big brother me someone, ok?

OOOOHHH. looked online and there are like 5 different chelsea houses in london. hotel, guest hostel.... can someone give me the address of the one we are talking about so i can try to stay in the right one.

all my love:wub2:

gabi

here is the link to the chelsea guest house

http://www.activehotels.com/wl/servlet/xmlbrochure/index.do?hotelid=230867&day=&month=&year=&trkref=KNW&subid=htkw&numrooms=&numnights=&language=&mode=

I think a lot of people are planning to get there around midday so you'll be able to see everyone there if you just show up. I would think Mika won't arrive until later in the day so it will give you time to talk to everyone before he gets there.