Mika to release Relax in the UK

babspanky

I have just read on Channel 4 teletext, that Mika will release Relax/Lollipop as his next single in the UK, on Dec 31st.

Backed by remixes, Ashley Beedle, Boy 8 Bit?, Fred Deakin, Alphabet and Frank Musik.

This sounds a bit too precise to be wrong to me.

As predicted by Showtunes and wanted my me as it is my absolute favourite song, espec the acoustic version.

Just to hear the first few bars at gig makes shivers go down even my spine. :naughty:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good news!

To bad I don't live in the UK though. Actually Relax is released here already..

I am really bad with this kind of music releasing and all that, but to release a single does that mean that you have to make a music video for the song?

what??????????? Relax, yes!! He should!

i feel so energetic everytime i hear that

but still no my interpretation / stuck in the middle???!!!! :tears:

wow, he release 5 single in a year! so productive!!AHHHH!

why would they choose the last day of this year???haha

I have just read on Channel 4 teletext, that Mika will release Relax/Lollipop as his next single in the UK, on Dec 31st.

Backed by remixes, Ashley Beedle, Boy 8 Bit?, Fred Deakin, Alphabet and Frank Musik.

This sounds a bit too precise to be wrong to me.

As predicted by Showtunes and wanted my me as it is my absolute favourite song, espec the acoustic version.

Just to hear the first few bars at gig makes shivers go down even my spine. :naughty:

I actually thought Relax had been released here, before Grace Kelly. Obviously I'm wrong, and I'm thrilled about this. I love Relax, it's an awesome song (they all are) but when you hear that bit at the beginning pure Mika magic with his gorgeous vocals.

Another thing I'm really pleased about, as well is, that he isn't going to release it at Christmastime. The reason I say this is that, the race to the Christmas Number One single is no longer a race. A few years ago it was a fair fight, and we had some terriffic Christmas Number Ones. These days, it's whoever wins X Factor that gets the Christmas number one. So even though he's Mika, our guy wouldn't stand a chance because everyone would be playing the X Factoir winner's song and ignoring Mika (as per usual)

So it's great if he releases Relax at New Year. A lovely song to help the nation through the winter. Just as 'Grace Kelly' did. Also, Lollipop is sure to be popular. Eother of those two songs could possibly even make it onto the adverts. Relax, could advertise a holiday destination, and Lollipop, could advertise sweets or something like that.

Love today, from Marilyn

That's good news!

To bad I don't live in the UK though. Actually Relax is released here already..

I am really bad with this kind of music releasing and all that, but to release a single does that mean that you have to make a music video for the song?

It does, I wonder if he will release a new one or stick with the one already out in Europe. A new one would be nice.

Do you mean.. Alphabeat?

Coooooooooooooool. Want it. I'll get it from Amazon. Thanks darling baby. :biggrin2:

I wondered that, but they spelt it Alphabet, Alphabeat would make a lot of sense though, wouldn't it?

Great news for you brits !!

Relax has been played here since summer !and Lollipop is also played since the beginning of autumn !

I actually thought Relax had been released here, before Grace Kelly. Obviously I'm wrong, and I'm thrilled about this. I love Relax, it's an awesome song (they all are) but when you hear that bit at the beginning pure Mika magic with his gorgeous vocals.

Another thing I'm really pleased about, as well is, that he isn't going to release it at Christmastime. The reason I say this is that, the race to the Christmas Number One single is no longer a race. A few years ago it was a fair fight, and we had some terriffic Christmas Number Ones. These days, it's whoever wins X Factor that gets the Christmas number one. So even though he's Mika, our guy wouldn't stand a chance because everyone would be playing the X Factoir winner's song and ignoring Mika (as per usual)

So it's great if he releases Relax at New Year. A lovely song to help the nation through the winter. Just as 'Grace Kelly' did.

Love today, from Marilyn

Agree about the stupid Christmas single stuff.

He did release Relax/Billy Brown last year in the UK, but it was only like a promo single with very limited numbers, about 500 I think.

He did release Relax/Billy Brown last year in the UK, but it was only like a promo single with very limited numbers, about 500 I think.

Yep, the Relax single was limited to 500 copies (499 which have appeared on ebay :wink2: )...

Great news about Relax though - love it :biggrin2:

thanks bab...i missed the 499 copies of the first release on e-bay.... i won't miss this one!:thumb_yello:

actually we had relax released here in italy....but that is another issue!

i want THIS one!:biggrin2:

on dec 31st...maybe it means this will be the final ending of the LICM year?

...............and a new album on 2008? :wub2:

Speaking of that one: I heard the acoustic version of Relax in my local supermarket yesterday (the version that is on the cd maxi single). Last week the acoustic version of Grace Kelly was played. The company that provides the music to those supermarkets knows how to please their customers. :thumb_yello:

:blink: Hasn't he already said that Happy Ending would be the last single release from LICM???

What about the EP he was talking about in a newspaper interview?

It's either that not even the Daily Mail can be trusted or the EP will be Relax with 6 remixes... - no thanx. :blink:

Maybe the footage for the lollipop video is being shot already!! Maybe its all the filming that Richard/Andy is doing...

well you never know....

crazy MIKA fans, confetti, Lollipop girls, balloons, the atmosphere sort of suits that....:naughty: It might also serve to show others in the industry that he has LOTS of dedicated fans wherever he goes...

no? you don't think so?

anyway, I am glad to see that the ebay price of those 499 Relax singles will soon drop. And glad we can all get our own copies.:bleh:

Thanks for that info Bab, how did I miss that, I'm forever glued to Channel 4 text - guess it's Crap Fan Syndrome again :mf_rosetinted:

Bit surprised though - I really thought he'd done with LICM now. But Relax is too good to not be given its proper chance, so...fairly pleased :biggrin2:

Fab news, thanks Babs! I love, love, love 'Relax'! But I was wondering the same as Gatagordinha, wasn't 'Happy Ending' supposed to be the last single, followed by an EP and perhaps a new album early 2009? Either way, I'm not going to complain ;)

Speaking of that one: I heard the acoustic version of Relax in my local supermarket yesterday (the version that is on the cd maxi single). Last week the acoustic version of Grace Kelly was played. The company that provides the music to those supermarkets knows how to please their customers. :thumb_yello:

My local supermarket plays Stuck in the Middle :thumb_yello:

:blink: Hasn't he already said that Happy Ending would be the last single release from LICM???

What about the EP he was talking about in a newspaper interview?

It's either that not even the Daily Mail can be trusted or the EP will be Relax with 6 remixes... - no thanx. :blink:

As he pointed out in an interview yesterday record companies change their minds all the time about this kind of thing. Maybe Happy Ending is doing better than they anticipated and they think that LiCM still has legs and don't want to let it die. Since Relax is better than Big Girl and Happy Ending it's not surprising.

It doesn't mean he won't release an EP in a few months.

Another thing I'm really pleased about, as well is, that he isn't going to release it at Christmastime. The reason I say this is that, the race to the Christmas Number One single is no longer a race.

Can someone please explain to me the significance of having the Christmas Number One? I've never understood this. What difference does it make whether your song is number one at Christmas or the week before or the week after? I've never heard of this outside the UK.

Can someone please explain to me the significance of having the Christmas Number One? I've never understood this. What difference does it make whether your song is number one at Christmas or the week before or the week after? I've never heard of this outside the UK.

Well it's just a British tradition, I suppose! We make a big deal ot it here, although in recent years it has become something of a farce/foregone conclusion because the X-Factor talent show winner (the show ends about a week before Xmas) always rush-releases a single and it is always #1. The singles are really rubbish, too. Basically, no decent single has a chance of being Christmas Number One any more and so it's losing some of its kudos.

Well it's just a British tradition, I suppose! We make a big deal ot it here, although in recent years it has become something of a farce/foregone conclusion because the X-Factor talent show winner (the show ends about a week before Xmas) always rush-releases a single and it is always #1. The singles are really rubbish, too. Basically, no decent single has a chance of being Christmas Number One any more and so it's losing some of its kudos.

Yeah that Leona Lewis one was particularly bad since Kelly Clarkson already did it when she won American Idol years ago. It was never a great song to start with. :thumbdown:

Another question about this Relax single. Does anyone know where the major release came from? It was released in Canada in the summer, but the copy on Amazon.ca is listed as an import. If it wasn't released in the UK where does it come from? :blink:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000QEINQS/sr=8-2/qid=1194526060/ref=olp_product_details/702-6309108-5068864?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1194526060&sr=8-2&seller=

Another question about this Relax single. Does anyone know where the major release came from? It was released in Canada in the summer, but the copy on Amazon.ca is listed as an import. If it wasn't released in the UK where does it come from? :blink:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000QEINQS/sr=8-2/qid=1194526060/ref=olp_product_details/702-6309108-5068864?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1194526060&sr=8-2&seller=

we had relax released here in Italy beginning of summer! :biggrin2:

As he pointed out in an interview yesterday record companies change their minds all the time about this kind of thing. Maybe Happy Ending is doing better than they anticipated and they think that LiCM still has legs and don't want to let it die.

On the other he hand, however, he said previously that it's HIM who does not want to release more singles off the album, so the question is: who is the boss here...(?):naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Since Relax is better than Big Girl and Happy Ending it's not surprising.

I wouldn't say it's better:no: , these 3 songs are completely different and in general appeal to different types of audience (except for the special species like Mika fans)

A Xmas number one is part of the things associated with Xmas (e.g mistletoe, Christmas pudding..etc) in England. :biggrin2: They even go to betting offices and bet on the Xmas No 1....then newspapers report on the odds:naughty: :naughty:

(PS This year it will be the Spice Girls, I think:biggrin2: )