Opinions about the DVD "Live in Cartoon Motion"

stien

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I've had the DVD since a few days after it came out. I love it. I love every single thing about it :3

Now. I have a 9 hour flight to minnesota coming up soon. Does anyone have the documentary part that I can put on my iPod? Because I don't understand how to convert it :boxed:

Just watched the dvd and I'm torn between being in hysterics and utterly apalled :blink: The part where he says he wants to put the freaks on a pedestal, so he wrote Big Girl for them - (the freaks :yay:) is beyond just rude and I seriously can't believe noone else seems to have brought it up :blink:

Just watched the dvd and I'm torn between being in hysterics and utterly apalled :blink: The part where he says he wants to put the freaks on a pedestal, so he wrote Big Girl for them - (the freaks :yay:) is beyond just rude and I seriously can't believe noone else seems to have brought it up :blink:

I think it was just a bad choice of a word. He probably didn't mean it.

I think it was just a bad choice of a word. He probably didn't mean it.

whether he means it or not, this is on an official dvd which has been bought by a hell of a lot of "freaks", it's just not on :boxed:

whether he means it or not, this is on an official dvd which has been bought by a hell of a lot of "freaks", it's just not on :boxed:

Well there's not much he can do. I didn't find it offensive, that's just the way Mika is. We, as fans, just need to let it go and not hold it against him. It's not really a big deal in my opinion.

i think you're making a big deal out of nothing :blink: being a 'freak' is a good thing to mika

I don't know if you are fat N, but I am and I feel quite offended.

Being a freak might be a good thing to Mika, but being labelled a freak doesn't feel so good to me, I'm afraid.

Being a freak might be a good thing to Mika, but being labelled a freak doesn't feel so good to me, I'm afraid.

I need to watch it again, but I just never noticed it, honestly. I'm not exactly a twig, so I'm sure that I would have picked up on it if it offended me, but I don't remember it at all.

Well then you now have the right to call him an Anorexic freak (or something of relation to that)

I'm just saying, try not to take it personally, I'm sure he didn't mean it.

not really no.. i probably should'nt have said anything since it didn't have anything to do with me sorry

i just didn't even notice it so i didn't think it was a big deal and i've watched it with my friends and family who are big and they didn't feel offended at all

i guess it's just how you look at it.. i just think mika wasn't thinking about every single word he was saying at the time and he obviously wasn't trying to offend anyone why would he write a songs about how beautiful big girls are if he thought they were really freaks

but you have to admit the big girl character is kind of a freak.. i mean she's wears a corset 24/7 :bleh:

Well then you now have the right to call him an Anorexic freak (or something of relation to that)

I'm just saying, try not to take it personally, I'm sure he didn't mean it.

Thanks, easy to say, but if you are insecure about something, it's easy to take such throwaway insults personally.

I am now going to bed to cry myself to sleep while eating chocolate to comfort myself.

I know it's easier for people who are skinny to say "you're overreacting, he didn't mean it", but I honestly don't think he meant it offensively.

I think he meant that he puts people who are labeled freaks by society, and who don't get much attention in the limelight. It was a poor word choice on his half. But you know he loves big women. :wink2:

Thanks, easy to say, but if you are insecure about something, it's easy to take such throwaway insults personally.

I am now going to bed to cry myself to sleep while eating chocolate to comfort myself.

I'm insecure too.........you've just gotta laugh. That's life, you know?

not really no.. i probably should'nt have said anything since it didn't have anything to do with me sorry

i just didn't even notice it so i didn't think it was a big deal and i've watched it with my friends and family who are big and they didn't feel offended at all

i guess it's just how you look at it.. i just think mika wasn't thinking about every single word he was saying at the time and he obviously wasn't trying to offend anyone why would he write a songs about how beautiful big girls are if he thought they were really freaksbut you have to admit the big girl character is kind of a freak.. i mean she's wears a corset 24/7 :bleh:

To make money?

And frilly knickers.....:thumbdown:

Of course he was also labelling his own mother.......

i guess it's just how you look at it.. i just think mika wasn't thinking about every single word he was saying at the time and he obviously wasn't trying to offend anyone why would he write a songs about how beautiful big girls are if he thought they were really freaks

but you have to admit the big girl character is kind of a freak.. i mean she's wears a corset 24/7 :bleh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You are good my friend.

I know it's easier for people who are skinny to say "you're overreacting, he didn't mean it", but I honestly don't think he meant it offensively.

I think he meant that he puts people who are labeled freaks by society, and who don't get much attention in the limelight. It was a poor word choice on his half. But you know he loves big women. :wink2:

I agree completely. :thumb_yello: That's why he also added, if I can remember that part and am not confusing it with something else, the bit about putting her up on "a throne." He meant that he was taking the idea of something that is generally not considered "acceptable" by the idiots that are in today's society, and celebrating it.

To make money?

And frilly knickers.....:thumbdown:

Of course he was also labelling his own mother.......

:shocked: mika doesn't make songs for money! didn't you watch the rest of the dvd? he does it to get that 'feeling' :biggrin2:

the way i see it he was unintentionally labelling his mother so it doesnt really count :bleh:

I agree completely. :thumb_yello: That's why he also added, if I can remember that part and am not confusing it with something else, the bit about putting her up on "a throne." He meant that he was taking the idea of something that is generally not considered "acceptable" by the idiots that are in today's society, and celebrating it.

Exactly!

I hate society. :thumbdown: I think it's pathetic that the definition of beauty in today's society is being a size 0, fake hair, fake body, fake everything.

Society pretty much makes sex out to be okay for people of any age to be active in.

Society pretty much makes having a criminal record "cool".

Society pretty much makes drugs and alcohol abuse okay.

Society over here is screwed up and it drives me insane.