Opinions about the DVD "Live in Cartoon Motion"

stien

:shocked: mika doesn't make songs for money! didn't you watch the rest of the dvd? he does it to get that 'feeling' :biggrin2:

the way i see it he was unintentionally labelling his mother so it doesnt really count :bleh:

Yup I watched it all.

But I don't necessarily believe everything that he utters. Because he didn't mean to call me a freak, did he?

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked: Mika is calling big people freaks now???

It's the beginning of the end for me I fear. Well it had to happen sometime:blink:

Actually, I do believe the guys are right in their explanation, it just kind of came out wrong. But you know what I am like if I want to take something the wrong way and be offended, I am like a small child sulking.

And I like to sulk and be offended.

As you probably know. :naughty:

Actually, I do believe the guys are right in their explanation, it just kind of came out wrong. But you know what I am like if I want to take something the wrong way and be offended, I am like a small child sulking.

And I like to sulk and be offended.

As you probably know. :naughty:

It's okay, I was only joking. I like to pretend to sulk :wink2:

Anyway your Mika-ometer is pretty warm these days, I see you have removed the tw word from your sig so he must be doing something right :roftl:

It's okay, I was only joking. I like to pretend to sulk :wink2:

Anyway your Mika-ometer is pretty warm these days, I see you have removed the tw word from your sig so he must be doing something right :roftl:

Well on myspace, I just haven't bothered to change it and on my sig, we just had a laughing fit over the fine and kind wizard. I might yet add, who is also a twat or smth:sneaky2:

helooo

ah .. good to see this being discussed, and as a larger model myself i do have an opinion ! Diana and i did have a chat about this in oldlings thread one night ...:bleh:

I have seen Mika talk before ( at his gallery event ) about 'fat' people and i think he does say it a bit wrong without meaning to,

Freaks was not a great line really .... though he calls himself one it is not the best.:blink:

However he said he wrote it about his mum, who he obviosuly loves a lot and that it was about the 'human' side of being 'fat' not about anti size 0 thing.

From what i can tell he is a genuine guy with genuine feelings and did it for the right reasons but it just sounded a bit silly saying 'freaks':boxed:

but i think the fact he is saying

BIG GIRL YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL !

We have to forgive him for this slip of the tongue as i'm sure he has done more for big girls than done them any harm, look at his video ... he gets down on his knees and prays to them !!!

So come on gals let's give Mika a break ..... he did say he was tired :wink2:

I get both points of view :blush-anim-cl:

Well, I will admit that the first time I saw the dvd I felt like Mika called me a freak too. It shocked me for a second and then I think I laughed out loud, thinking....wtf???? I do think he often has a bit of a hard time expressing his thoughts, my son is dyslexic and often says things that I know he doesn't mean but they come out weird and you have to read behind the words to get the meaning.

I decided when Mika used the word "freak" he meant the people that society calls freaks. As a big girl, I know that society has always called me a freak and I am used to that, so that didn't matter so much. I also guess that as much as I love and adore Mika and his music, it really wouldn't matter whether he thought I was freak or not. Although I consider myself a sensitive soul, I don't put a lot of weight into other people's opinions, except maybe a few very very close friends and family. If the rest of you want to call me a freak.....then you go right ahead and I will just :naughty::roftl: right along with you, because I know who I am, and it is not MY loss. :bleh:

why not?! :sneaky2:

i really don't think the 'you take your skinny girl feel like i'm gonna die' part was needed :bleh:

oh good lord people....mika said he made it more about the big girls in his life and that he wanted to put big girls on a pedisole and praise them [if thats not a compliment then i dont know wat it is!]....and that line (above) is just part of the song...i honestly dont think the boy is putting down skinner girls, hes praising big ones:biggrin2: kinda like you dont have to be skinny. and the freak thing in the dvd, you could tell he was trying to think of a proper word but he's use to freak as a term for societys "out casts" more then wat ever is concidered politicly correct and i think he was being general trying to include the nerds, the emos, the people other people make fun of under the "freaks" not nessiserly just big girls...i hope i didnt offend anyone i just hate when people get all up in other peoples grill when something is misinterpeted...i hope it makes sinse

oh my! it took you one sentence and me about 56 sentences to make THE SAME DANM POINT.

:naughty: :naughty:

over analyzing seems like make everything negative...

I think that part's funny.

:roftl:

yeah, such a vivid description :roftl:

I decided when Mika used the word "freak" he meant the people that society calls freaks. :bleh:

That's kinda how I saw it, too. Bluntly, fat people are indeed freaks in the eyes of society. So are people with acne. So are people who stutter. So are kids who wear bow ties to school. Society is cruel like that. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it accurate - it just, is.

Consider this: they must have edited out tons and tons of extra footage to get the DVD down to its produced length. And yet none of the people involved in editing saw fit to remove that "freak" comment. I'm surprised, actually - it would have been pretty painless to toss that bit onto the cutting room floor and avoid the potential for offending anyone.

That said, I think the conclusion there is that Mika meant no offense, and that the editing team didn't find it offensive. Hmm.

That's kinda how I saw it, too. Bluntly, fat people are indeed freaks in the eyes of society. So are people with acne. So are people who stutter. So are kids who wear bow ties to school. Society is cruel like that. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it accurate - it just, is.

Consider this: they must have edited out tons and tons of extra footage to get the DVD down to its produced length. And yet none of the people involved in editing saw fit to remove that "freak" comment. I'm surprised, actually - it would have been pretty painless to toss that bit onto the cutting room floor and avoid the potential for offending anyone.

That said, I think the conclusion there is that Mika meant no offense, and that the editing team didn't find it offensive. Hmm.

We can all say things sometimes, which get taken out of context. Usually it doesn't matter, because we are not being filmed.

I certainly didn't take offense at what Mika said. People who are different from the norm in some way, are often treatred as freaks. Mika was bullied himself, as a child, so he wouldn't say anything in a bad way about people who might get bullied too.

Love today, from Marilyn

I know that someone allready said it but:

I think Mika didn't used it to point out the big girls are freaks. He says freak because everyone think they're the freak.

He didn't want to insult everyone, just get a little perspective :bleh:

LiCM is THE BEST! I watched it for the first time on a plane and i laughed so hard at the documentary that i was probably ruining 2 and a half hour of flight for the entire plane.

The concert is amazing (although i did like the Manchester gigs i saw better, probably just because i was there. However, watching it brings back great memories).

The documentary is priceless!!! I could talk endless about it and quote it! It's hilarious! I've got maaany new quotes i use every day now...and no-one i know knows what i'm going on about, really. :roftl:

I love to have the videos on dvd and the acoustic videos as well.

I also had a hell of a time looking for the hidden treasures! :thumb_yello:

I ordered my copy from cd -wow. I just hope it has all the documentary and all.

Can`t wait to get my hands on it.

I am certain I am going to love it:punk: . After I saw Mika in Shepherd`s Bush I thought he is so much better live than on cd he needs to release a concert dvd:mf_lustslow: And there we go. Am so excited! Read all your comments guys, thx!:thumb_yello: