How often do you take a shower?

Kriszti

sorry I know it sounds strange :blink: but the other day on English class we were talking about how often do people take a bath/shower?! I'm kind of curious because I'm Hungarian and we take a shower every single day....and I heard that it's pretty unhealthy and you can get a sickness much sooner coz you're too tidy :blink: is it true? Do all of you usually take a shower every day? sorry to ask these stupid things....I'm just boring :biggrin2:

P.S.: I don't want to hurt anybody's feeling!!!! so don't mean that way, I'm just curious which way is healthier

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once a month.:mf_rosetinted:

No, not really. Usually every day or every other day. My hair is super oily, but it gets worse if I wash it EVERY day. And it's also true that you're most likely to get ill if you shower every day (some people shower twice a day...weird.) because your body has less of a chance to build up a defense against viruses and the like.

I try to everyday. If I don't have time, or someone else is in the bathroom, etc., I don't sweat it.

I usually shower twice a day, especially when I have been in places where people smoke, like concerts, restaurants or theatres ( yes, in France people still smoke in these places :thumbdown: ) I just can't go to bed smelling like an old ashtray !!!!

I don't think it's unhealthy to shower often. But if you live in a place where the water is really hard ( like Paris ) it can make your skin dry.. But if you use a moisturizer, then it's ok !!

So, don't worry too much, and shower as much as you like !! :wink2:

( but close the tap while you use the soap, don't let the water run when it's not needed, think about the planet !!!! :thumb_yello: )

I usually shower twice a day, especially when I have been in places where people smoke, like concerts, restaurants or theatres ( yes, in France people still smoke in these places :thumbdown: ) I just can't go to bed smelling like an old ashtray !!!!

I don't think it's unhealthy to shower often. But if you live in a place where the water is really hard ( like Paris ) it can make your skin dry.. But if you use a moisturizer, then it's ok !!

So, don't worry too much, and shower as much as you like !! :wink2:

( but close the tap while you use the soap, don't let the water run when it's not needed, think about the planet !!!! :thumb_yello: )

of course, I take care of the planet too :wink2:

sorry I know it sounds strange :blink: but the other day on English class we were talking about how often do people take a bath/shower?! I'm kind of curious because I'm Hungarian and we take a shower every single day....and I heard that it's pretty unhealthy and you can get a sickness much sooner coz you're too tidy :blink: is it true? Do all of you usually take a shower every day? sorry to ask these stupid things....I'm just boring :biggrin2:

P.S.: I don't want to hurt anybody's feeling!!!! so don't mean that way, I'm just curious which way is healthier

*A FREQUENT COLD ONE . . .

BECAUSE . . .

Far out. You twice a day people obviously don't live in a country with water restrictions. A lot of Australia is in drought (I know a lot of the planet is drier than us but it's still a drought) and there are water restrictions of varying levels in many places. We're being encouraged to have 5 min showers. How you can possibly wash your hair in five minutes is beyond me, so every other day when I wash my hair my shower is longer, but I certainly couldn't come at two showers a day. Not judging here, just making an observation about how different things are elsewhere.

Far out. You twice a day people obviously don't live in a country with water restrictions. A lot of Australia is in drought (I know a lot of the planet is drier than us but it's still a drought) and there are water restrictions of varying levels in many places. We're being encouraged to have 5 min showers. How you can possibly wash your hair in five minutes is beyond me, so every other day when I wash my hair my shower is longer, but I certainly couldn't come at two showers a day. Not judging here, just making an observation about how different things are elsewhere.

gosh :shocked: that could be really bad! only 5 minutes for washing your hair...wow how can you do that? it's so not fair! :no: sorry

It's not really about whether it's fair or not, and it's not like they come and cut off your water supply if you take longer showers, but they (the authorities) are encouraging people to be water wise in a whole bunch of ways and short showers is one of them.