Mika @ Heineken Music Hall, Netherlands: 11-11-2007 -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Thank you so much for your great and funny and detailed report!:thumb_yello:

To read it was a little bit like re-living my own experience this Friday, and it’s true that a real fan knows exactly to describe those small but very important details that we are impatiently waiting for!:naughty:

Good job Blue, and the others too!:thumb_yello:

Mikas language gimmick, the secret.

My little guess:

Of course he has it written down; he’s not a robot of some kind!

But I truly think that his musical talent is at good help for him to pronounce in foreign languages, you know good ear!:wub2:

bilingual people are faster to learn languages:bleh:

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, glad to hear that you enjoyed my report(s)! I said I would keep it short but that was no short report at all. :biggrin2:

I saw Dianas pics coming along. WOW! :punk: Glad you managed to sneak your camera inside the venue! Haasje took great ones too, she asked me to tell you all that she will try to upload them tonight.

Ow man. Haasje and I were so excited on our way home. We only arrived at my place around 3AM and especially I was still hyper. Which was a good thing - normally I tend to fall asleep on longer drives in the dark but now I was fully awake because of the excitement and having Haasje as my partner in crime. :biggrin2:

I am really looking forward to the videos. Especially Lollipop, Relax (2nd time) and SITM. In the meantime I will have a hot shower - I'm getting cold - and I really really have to do some work today... Will be back later. :wink2:

Aw, glad to hear that you enjoyed my report(s)! I said I would keep it short but that was no short report at all. :biggrin2:

I saw Dianas pics coming along. WOW! :punk: Glad you managed to sneak your camera inside the venue! Haasje took great ones too, she asked me to tell you all that she will try to upload them tonight.

Ow man. Haasje and I were so excited on our way home. We only arrived at my place around 3AM and especially I was still hyper. Which was a good thing - normally I tend to fall asleep on longer drives in the dark but now I was fully awake because of the excitement and having Haasje as my partner in crime. :biggrin2:

crime? which sort? :glasses3:

While talking to Simon I realized that I left the Flag in the car when we changed our jackets. So I went back (glad it was just a short walk) and that was actually the best thing I did that night.

Because... then a woman from security told us Mika would come to see us. She said he had asked us to queue, to stand in a nice line. Only signing, NO pictures allowed - I repeat: NO pictures allowed 'and if you start running at him it's over'. Tsk. Oh well. So we ended up inside the 'garage' and there was Mika. There were some girls at the end of the queue yelling 'lekker ding!' to him (a typical Dutch expression to describe a handsome man/woman) and the security woman noticed that they were holding their cameras so she asked them firmly to stow their cameras away.

And then it happened. Mika took his time for a chat with every person in the row. Me, Haasje, Vonnic and Shady were holding the Flag and when Mika was talking to the girls next to me his manager looked at us and at the Flag and he gestured at me. I didn't understand him, he came towards me and whispered 'do you have a camera?' I whispered back 'sorry don't have one!' and then Haasje came to the rescue with hers. Unbelievable: NO pics were allowed and Mikas manager came up to us to ask for a camera to take a pic of US with MIKA and the FLAG!!! :punk:

At first Mika did a step aside (hehe, he didn't want to 'spoil' our pic) but I yelled 'stay here!' :naughty: so on the actual pic he is looking at the Flag with a quite surprised look on his face. Haasje got the pic on her camera so you have to wait for evidence. :wink2:

Blue: great reports!!

A question about Mika and taking the picture of the flag: the picture was taken with Haasjes camera but asked for by Mika. How does the pic go to Mika? Or is this a naive question.....:blink:

Blue: great reports!!

A question about Mika and taking the picture of the flag: the picture was taken with Haasjes camera but asked for by Mika. How does the pic go to Mika? Or is this a naive question.....:blink:

Not by Mika, by his manager. And we will find a way to get that pic where it belongs! :thumb_yello:

When the stage was being prepared for Mika Andy came along again. I had a short talk with him and when I mentioned the name Queenie his eyes started to shine and he said: 'Oh she is nice!!' I said 'you like her, don't you' and he kept smiling and said 'Yes...' :blush-anim-cl: Queenie, you seemed to have impressed him! :thumb_yello:

:blush-anim-cl:

Sorry, i don´t want to forget this. Andy, you´re great!! :thumb_yello:

Blue, AMAZING report!! The whole experience was fantastic. It´s sad you couldn´t say bye to Simon properly but we have him here now! :punk:

The flag issue...As Robi said, maybe we´re climbing to the officiality!!!

I´m so happy Jerry´s back!!

BLUE!! Great report!

I can't believe you didn't mention the lack of an orange cap on some random guy's head though..

Yeah. Bad boy. :sneaky2:

But I was glad he didn't. Man, he sweats like hell on stage - not good for such a nice cappie. :blink:

Diana, i didn´t tell you:great pics & videos!!

The same for tiger Patricia ;)

Thankyoo!

Yeah. Bad boy. :sneaky2:

But I was glad he didn't. Man, he sweats like hell on stage - not good for such a nice cappie. :blink:

It was the first thing I noticed! It still would've been cool if he wore it, or put it on his mic stand. :naughty:

Are there any videos yet? I couldn't find them in the thread but I guess I was looking with my nose. :naughty:

Wingyie put some up!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=819188&postcount=161

And here are my vids of Mika speaking Dutch (I'll upload them somewhere later today so you all can download them.. if you want..)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hosb6KOpehQ

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sz48HFDSdZE

Starrats has the dutchspeaking ones aswell, I don't remember if she shot any other vids.

Edit: Aah Queenie beat me to it. :naughty:

woo i love everyone's pictures and videos! i'm gonna upload mine right now. it was so amazing when mika pointed at me and Starrats about the holy johnny thing :mf_lustslow: that's really our song now. it was an amazing show, just amazing. and my drivinglesson went surprisingly well this morning! after a huge caffeineshot i must admit, but still. i was going to go to school after that but decided on going home, watching the dvd and making another mikafishbag, for myself this time :wink2:

but i'm a bit sad that i couldn't wait until mika came :sad: i was acting a bit like 'aah he already has the fishbag and i don't really need to meet him again' but when i was home in bed i couldn't help but think 'they're talking to mika right now and having fun with him while i'm all alone in a cold bed here because of that @I(#$^T#@ drivinglesson' :tears: and i'm also a bit sad because this was my last gig, i won't see him again now until... yeah, when? if only i could do one more gig!

i'm editing my pictures right now! they'll be up in a minute