Mika @ Heineken Music Hall, Netherlands: 11-11-2007 -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Randard!!!! :wub2:

:lmao: :lmao:

blue, great reports, thanx! :biggrin2: so, what IS the secret behind mika's fast language learning? is it just the little notes on his keyboard that are written how you would pronounce it in english (there was a pic of them from winterthur), or is there another secret? :naughty:

While talking to Simon I realized that I left the Flag in the car when we changed our jackets. So I went back (glad it was just a short walk) and that was actually the best thing I did that night.

Because... then a woman from security told us Mika would come to see us. She said he had asked us to queue, to stand in a nice line. Only signing, NO pictures allowed - I repeat: NO pictures allowed 'and if you start running at him it's over'. Tsk. Oh well. So we ended up inside the 'garage' and there was Mika. There were some girls at the end of the queue yelling 'lekker ding!' to him (a typical Dutch expression to describe a handsome man/woman) and the security woman noticed that they were holding their cameras so she asked them firmly to stow their cameras away.

And then it happened. Mika took his time for a chat with every person in the row. Me, Haasje, Vonnic and Shady were holding the Flag and when Mika was talking to the girls next to me his manager looked at us and at the Flag and he gestured at me. I didn't understand him, he came towards me and whispered 'do you have a camera?' I whispered back 'sorry don't have one!' and then Haasje came to the rescue with hers. Unbelievable: NO pics were allowed and Mikas manager came up to us to ask for a camera to take a pic of US with MIKA and the FLAG!!! :punk:

At first Mika did a step aside (hehe, he didn't want to 'spoil' our pic) but I yelled 'stay here!' :naughty: so on the actual pic he is looking at the Flag with a quite surprised look on his face. Haasje got the pic on her camera so you have to wait for evidence. :wink2:

:shocked:AND THERE ISN'T STILL A THREAD ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON {after Mika} ???

Oh well. The funny thing was that before we entered that hall I was not even 'in' for meeting Mika. I mean - I have met him twice, there were people who had never met him and I thought it was their turn. But I went in because I held Dewis present for Mika (she had to catch her train) and I had a little bag with goodies for Mika and the band (and I was not sure if I would see Simon again). So I decided not to ask him for an autograph (I already have one and he had to sign so much - later I realised that I promised an MFC'er to ask one - but I forgot... sorry! :blush-anim-cl: ).

After Jerry (I think it was Jerry, keep forgetting his name - I mean the not so tall guy with the longer blonde hair and the glasses) took the pic I told Mika that I was glad that he was not ill anymore. I showed him the Beads that were hanging from my bag and asked him if he remembered them. He said 'yes I do, I got them from you, you're Blue!' - :naughty: - oh well, I will forever be 'Blue from the Beads'. :naughty:

And then said he didn't have to sign anything for me and I gave him Dewis present (he said it was very sweet of you Dewi!) and told him it was Dutch. Gave him the goodies and told him he and his band were amazing again and he grinned and said 'thank you!' and that was my 3rd meeting with Mika. He went on to Haasje who was still holding another tip of the Flag. After that we had to leave the hall and actually I was glad that I had met him anyway and it was good like this. :original:

After Jerry (I think it was Jerry, keep forgetting his name - I mean the not so tall guy with the longer blonde hair and the glasses) took the pic I told Mika that I was glad that he was not ill anymore. I showed him the Beads that were hanging from my bag and asked him if he remembered them. He said 'yes I do, I got them from you, you're Blue!' - :naughty: - oh well, I will forever be 'Blue from the Beads'. :naughty:

Well, you will to me, as well! :blush-anim-cl:

And then said he didn't have to sign anything for me and I gave him Dewis present (he said it was very sweet of you Dewi!) and told him it was Dutch. Gave him the goodies and told him he and his band were amazing again and he grinned and said 'thank you!' and that was my 3rd meeting with Mika. He went on to Haasje who was still holding another tip of the Flag. After that we had to leave the hall and actually I was glad that I had met him anyway and it was good like this. :original:

:yay: Glad you met him again too -- But... no Martin Meeting? How did that

happen? Or are you not done writing yet...? :shocked:

dcdeb

So... I was very relaxed when we went inside the hall. Because I didn't expect anything, I was just there to tell Mika that I was happy that he wasn't ill anymore and to give him the pressies. And then the Flag thing happened... and I went out of the hall... and I was SO hyper! I mean - NO pics allowed, I repeat NO pics allowed - and Mikas manager asks US for a camera to take a pic of the Flag! I think it was a good day for the MFC! :wink2:

So I texted a few MFC'ers to share my excitement but I didn't get any replies so I thought they were already in bed (it was about 0.30 local time). Then suddenly I decided to call Mirti and I called her awake and she was able to share my excitement about the Flag. :naughty:

After my phonecall a blonde girl came out of the hall with a stare in her eyes... I was like :blink: and she told me she was in love with Mika, really really in love with Mika. She really looked like she was in love with Mika. :naughty: Ow man. I just had to grin because I can't see him like that. He is still my little brother after all those months. :naughty:

After Jerry (I think it was Jerry, keep forgetting his name - I mean the not so tall guy with the longer blonde hair and the glasses)

blonde hair? if you mean this guy:

john.jpg

that's john, the tourmanager.

thanks blue!

AMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!!

just a point to be cleared up...i fancied all morning about the return of fab JERRY, but actually he was JOHN!! the B.B. manager!

where is jerry? fired? too sentitive towards MFC issue?:boxed:

i do not know...

but, good news anyway...the man we thought a bit unnice and not so keen on us...it's not!!! i mean , he's a nice man and he likes us!

i'm so happy! he's not jerry...but he's trying to be jerrish!!! :thumb_yello:

Bless him! Finally normal people around

My killer instincts for John(? was that the name?) were evolving quite nicely

I still don't understand how one can be so constantly moody while being close to the cheery, (not so very) tall, curly one... :blink:

Violet,take V's example in calling names :roftl:

Andy!! :wub2:

After Jerry (I think it was Jerry, keep forgetting his name - I mean the not so tall guy with the longer blonde hair and the glasses) took the pic I told Mika that I was glad that he was not ill anymore. I showed him the Beads that were hanging from my bag and asked him if he remembered them. He said 'yes I do, I got them from you, you're Blue!' - oh well, I will forever be 'Blue from the Beads'.

But... isn't that John? Yet I so don't see him doing anything like that...:blink:

...as in Joan of Arc? :roftl::thumb_yello: Lucky Blue ... magic moment I guess...:blush-anim-cl:

And then it happened. Mika took his time for a chat with every person in the row. Me, Haasje, Vonnic and Shady were holding the Flag and when Mika was talking to the girls next to me his manager looked at us and at the Flag and he gestured at me. I didn't understand him, he came towards me and whispered 'do you have a camera?' I whispered back 'sorry don't have one!' and then Haasje came to the rescue with hers. Unbelievable: NO pics were allowed and Mikas manager came up to us to ask for a camera to take a pic of US with MIKA and the FLAG!!! :punk:

At first Mika did a step aside (hehe, he didn't want to 'spoil' our pic) but I yelled 'stay here!' :naughty: so on the actual pic he is looking at the Flag with a quite surprised look on his face. Haasje got the pic on her camera so you have to wait for evidence. :wink2:

:biggrin2::roftl: that's amazing!

I'm soo glad for you and for the MFC! :blush-anim-cl:

We kept waiting because Simon said he would say goodbye to us before they left. And then suddenly inside the hall (the doors where closed) we heard engines start running. The doors opened and both buses were ready for leaving yet. Simon was running around like a headless chicken :naughty: looking at me like 'sorry can't help it!' - the security people made them leave the building asap (I think they wanted to go home) so we had no chance to say goodbye to either Simon or the band.

This morning Simon sent me a message to say sorry and that he was pushed to leave the building (like I thought) so there was no time to say goodbye. He thought I was coming to Brussels too but unfortunately I am not. But there are modern technologies to keep in touch - he likes the fact that he has his own thread now here on the forum so I guess he will stay with us on MFC for a while - even considering the fact that tomorrow will be his last day with Mika and the band. :wink2:

So. No juicy stories about meeting a headless chicken on a skippyballoon. And I didn't get the chance to say hi from certain MFC'ers to certain band members. They were all in a hurry ready for take off. Oh well. I was still so excited about the Flag so I was quite well able to deal with it. :biggrin2:

Glasgow is only 4 nights away! :thumb_yello:

I still don't understand how one can be so constantly moody while being close to the cheery, (not so very) tall, curly one... :blink:

Andy!! :wub2:

But... isn't that John? Yet I so don't see him doing anything like that...:blink:

...as in Joan of Arc? :roftl::thumb_yello: Lucky Blue ... magic moment I guess...:blush-anim-cl:

anyone must be allowed a second chance.....:wink2:

Thanks Mellody, that's him so it must be John indeed! :thumb_yello: I knew his name started with a J but the only name I could remember was Jerry. So it was John.

Oh I forgot to tell about Holy Johnny. As Starrats already said Mika pointed at them when they told him it wasn't a new song :naughty: . Andy was walking along the security gap filming HJ - both the stage and the audience - and I noticed there weren't many people around me who knew the lyrics to the song. And suddenly I noticed that Andy was filming ME!! while I was singing along (very out of tune!) with HJ! :roftl: :roftl: I didn't even feel embarrassed, I was so excited that I kept singing even louder and I put in a few misheard lyrics as well - I guess. :naughty:

Blue, thank you so much for your long and detailed report!!! :thumb_yello:

Actually people were looking at me because I couldn't help but giggle at some points...:roftl:

(I'm in the computer room at uni right now)

It really seems that you were having a great night!

(though you said that DD last week was a bit more "special", so I feel honoured that I was there...)

Oh, and Haasje, I'm shocked that you skipped uni today :shocked::naughty:

Oh, wow, I'm glad I didn't wait, 2 AM!!! No way I would have gotten home. I filmed the last Relax. [:)]

Thanks! I will have a look soon! :thumb_yello:

You're so "in" with the tour bus driver, Simon - you're best buds, wow! If I had to wait until 2am, I'd take a nap in the bus too! :biggrin2:

Simon is nice. Like I said, I hope he will stay at MFC for a while. He thinks we're all crazy :naughty: . We asked him when he sleeps - he said 'when I'm tired and when I have the time'. :naughty:

blue, great reports, thanx! :biggrin2: so, what IS the secret behind mika's fast language learning? is it just the little notes on his keyboard that are written how you would pronounce it in english (there was a pic of them from winterthur), or is there another secret? :naughty:

I won't spoil it for Simon. He can tell it if he wants to - and if he doesn't he doesn't. But I think Mika is just... amazing when it comes to foreign languages! :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much for your great and funny and detailed report!:thumb_yello:

To read it was a little bit like re-living my own experience this Friday, and it’s true that a real fan knows exactly to describe those small but very important details that we are impatiently waiting for!:naughty:

Good job Blue, and the others too!:thumb_yello:

Mikas language gimmick, the secret.

My little guess:

Of course he has it written down; he’s not a robot of some kind!

But I truly think that his musical talent is at good help for him to pronounce in foreign languages, you know good ear!:wub2:

So. No juicy stories about meeting a headless chicken on a skippyballoon. And I didn't get the chance to say hi from certain MFC'ers to certain band members. They were all in a hurry ready for take off. Oh well. I was still so excited about the Flag so I was quite well able to deal with it. :biggrin2:

Glasgow is only 4 nights away! :thumb_yello:

Awww, too bad about the headless chicken :(

But, as you say, Glasgow is soooooo sooooooooon! :biggrin2:

dcdeb