Dutch Top 2000, Listener's Choice: vote for Mika

AnnaMariaPetra

Every year in December, Dutch Radio 2 aires the Top 2000. This is the listener's choice for the 2000 best songs ever. There is a large list you can choose from and: :mf_rosetinted: Mika is in it, twice! Ofcourse Grace Kelly, and Relax, Take it Easy. I don't know if it is possible for non-Dutchies to vote but if so: here is the link: http://top2007.radio2.nl/page/textpage/lijstverschijnt17dec

You have to click on Stemmen, then you see 4 steps but you can just skip 1 till 3 and click on Begin nu met stemmen under No.4. You can ofcourse choose who you want, but if you want to vote for Mika you can scroll to M. You have to choose at least 3 songs and max. 10 songs.

You can vote till november 30. The program will be aired in the last two weeks of december.

It would be great if we (the MFC) can put Mika high up in this Dutch list!! :wub2:

Update: edition 2000 is available. Read my post at page 15, please!

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra
I wrote november, had to be december....

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote every year and I have a sort of fixed list with mostly songs from the 80s. The Radio 2 Top 2000 is one of my favourite radio programs btw, every year at the end of December I try to listen as much as I can.

Actually I was thinking of adding Stuck in the Middle as my personal (free) choice. :wink2:

I vote every year and I have a sort of fixed list with mostly songs from the 80s. The Radio 2 Top 2000 is one of my favourite radio programs btw, every year at the end of December I try to listen as much as I can.

Actually I was thinking of adding Stuck in the Middle as my personal (free) choice. :wink2:

I think it has to be a song which is released as a single....

But SITM would be my husbands choice if possible and mine would be Billy Brown.

My husband listened to Hans Schiffers this afternoon, a special show-program about the Top2000. Hans Schiffers is the ambassador of Grace Kelly! He is very enthousiastic about the song and about Mika:thumb_yello: So I think he will play it a lot the upcoming weeks. There is, as usual a Listener's Choice, now a list of Hans' most favourite songs. Click on this link, then click on Dag Top 5. There you can choose ofcourse whatever you like, but I bet it's Mika......:naughty:

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/homepage

I emailed to Hans Schiffers. Told him about the MFC and asked him, being a fan of Mika and Grace Kelly if he had already visited it. If I get a reaction I will let you know.

This is the e-mail I got from Hans Schiffers:

Beste Anneke,

Hartstikke leuk om van je te horen. Ik ga zeker eens kijken op de site. Begin dit jaar was ik al van plan om Grace Kelly te nomineren als DE hitvan dit jaar. Toen had ik 'Life in cartoon motion' nog niet eensgehoord. Inmiddels is dit Mika's Jaar geworden. Helaas heb ik hem in deHMH in Amsterdam moeten missen. "De kracht van Grace Kelly schuilt hem in de typisch Britsemuziektraditie dat het voor mij uitstraalt. Groot Brittannie is sowiesohet beste popland ter wereld. Niet voor niks was Brian May (Queen) ooklovend over Mika, toch? Het verhaal achter het nummer, een watgefrustreerde muzikant die van platenbazen maar steeds kreeg te horendat hij het over een andere boeg moest gooien, spreekt mij ook aan. Alsklap op de vuurpijl zat het nummer toen ik begin van dit jaar de 20kilometer van Alphen aan de Rijn liep, voortdurend in mijn hoofd. Al met al genoeg munitie om hem hoog in de Top 2000 van dit jaar zien tekrijgen" Vriendelijke groet, Hans Schiffers (47 - sinds 1983 DJ) AVRO Radio 2www.schiffers.fm

translation:

Dear Anneke,

Very nice to hear from you. I definitely will visit the site. At the beginning of this year I had already planned to nominate Grace Kelly as THE hitsong of the year. At that time I hadden't even heard Life in Cartoon Motion. Meanhwhile this has become Mika's year. Unfortunately I had to miss him at the HMH. The power of "Grace Kelly" is in the Brittish music tradition. Great Brittain is overall the best pop-country in the world. Not for nothing (english??) Brian May is very enthousiastic about Mika. The story behind the song, the bit-frustrated musician who had to change himself all the time for sake of the musiccompany is very appealing to me. On top of all this the song was stuck in my head when I had to run 20km in Alphen a/d Rijn at the beginning of this year. All and all enough reasons to make having this song a high entry in this year's Top2000.

Greeting, Hans Schiffers

And at the same moment I opened this e-mail he played Grace Kelly on the radio!!:mf_lustslow: And after the Kachingggg, Hans mentioned he already had had different reactions, under which: MINE! He didn't mention my name unfortunately (it's always nice to hear your name on the radio:blush-anim-cl: ) but he did mention the MikaFanClub! Wow, I am pleased with such a dj!:mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

Wow: I just got an e-mail from Hans Schiffers, I will copy it below:

Hi Anneke, Zou je mij iets willen vertellen over jullie fanclub? De campagne om MIKA de top 2000 in te krijgen wordt wat intensiever. Ik ga nu elke dageen column over de plaat schrijven. En ik zou graag jou even willenhoren over jullie activiteiten. Mag ik je even bellen? Vriendelijke groet, Hans

It says: Hi Anneke,

Would you tell me about your fanclub? The campagn to get Mika in the Top2000 will be intensified. I will write a column about the record every day now. And I would like to hear more from you about your activities. Can I call you?

Best regards, Hans Schiffers.

Aww, I am really excited now. What should I tell? :mf_lustslow:

Kon het niet laten, zag het bericht over Mika op de site van Hans en MOEST hem gewoon ook mailen... :blush-anim-cl:

Heb hem heel veel succes gewenst met de campagne - en ik heb zo'n gevoel dat we Grace Kelly wel gaan terugzien in de Top 2000 tussen kerst en nieuwjaar. :wink2:

Hehe, I am so excited that I forgot this is not the Dutch thread. :blush-anim-cl:

Well what I said is that I e-mailed him too and I wished him good luck with his campaign! I am quite sure that GK will end up in the Top 2000 as a welcomed newcomer! :thumb_yello:

Are talking about MFC on the radio? :shocked:

What are they saying????

He said something like "I recently heard of the fan club, which apparently has more than 7000 members all over the world, so we will pay some attention to that as well in the next few weeks."

OH MY GOD!