Dutch Top 2000, Listener's Choice: vote for Mika

AnnaMariaPetra

I remember something now I talked about with Hans Schiffers: I mentioned Mika speaking dutch at the Heineken Music Hall, saying: "Dat zullen we nog wel eens zien..." about the story on Billy Brown and that he never could release it in the USA. I told Hans the story, hoped he liked it enought to air it...:blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Diana, but Hans needs a spoken interview wich he can air on the radio.

I just read Carries PM and post again and perhaps I was shocked for nothing. I now understand that the reporters name is Martijn and probably (hopely) not the magazine...

And youtube ones aren't good enough audio wise?

Because this is a good one I think.

I just read Carries PM and post again and perhaps I was shocked for nothing. I now understand that the reporters name is Martijn and probably (hopely) not the magazine...

See my post on the previous page:

Doesn't ring a bell with me, AMP... The only interview in a Dutch magazine I know is the one in Gay&Night. But I don't think it's really representative as it's a gay magazine: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6998#post6998

Are you looking for videos of interviews too? I know there's a good one from an Australian tv station in which he talks about other things than the usual stuff but I can only remember that I've seen it, not when or where... :blink:

I think the interview in G&N is the one that Carri referred to.

I'm at home now for my lunch break, listening to Radio 2. Frits Spits - my favourite Radio 2 DJ who also seems to like Mika - just mentioned Hans Schiffers and his campaign for Mika. :wink2:

The word will be spread! :punk:

[Edit] Hans is organizing a reception for Grace Kelly this afternoon :naughty:. It seems that more Radio 2 DJs organize receptions for their favourite song. Yay! :naughty:

About the single issue we mentioned earlier: Frits just said that a song doesn't have to be a single to be in the Top 2000 - Stairway to Heaven wasn't a single either.

I'm at home now for my lunch break, listening to Radio 2. Frits Spits - my favourite Radio 2 DJ who also seems to like Mika - just mentioned Hans Schiffers and his campaign for Mika. :wink2:

Too bad: just missed that:boxed:

But yeah: everyone in Holland will know Mika by the end of this year...:biggrin2:

[Edit] Hans is organizing a reception for Grace Kelly this afternoon :naughty:. It seems that more Radio 2 DJs organize receptions for their favourite song. Yay! :naughty:

About the single issue we mentioned earlier: Frits just said that a song doesn't have to be a single to be in the Top 2000 - Stairway to Heaven wasn't a single either.

A reception? How do I have to see that? Did Frits mention that on the radio?

I originally had an appointement his afternoon, but I cancelled it because I don't dare to leave my home...stupid isn't it? I'm even not sure if Hans is gonna aire (part of) our conversation....:boxed:

I think it's some 'virtual' thing, or an intern thing for the Radio 2 people. Do you remember 'Weeshuis van de Hits' from years ago, with that little boy Morrisson? I got the same feeling when I heard it - something virtual. :naughty:

I'm back in the office now so I can't listen to Radio 2 anymore until tonight, I will miss Schiffers.fm. :sad:

Hans has just emailed me again: Yoopia!!!!!

Hi Anneke, Je bent vanmiddag op de radio en ik wacht bewust nog even met deYoutube-link omdat ik munitie moet sparen om elke dag iets over Mika tekunnen schrijven... Gr Hans

AWESOME!!! Crap, I can't listen...unless I can find a portable radio somewhere to take with me on the train. :blink:

Great job ladies!! I thought Ingie was called Inge. like my daughter.

Nope that was me:roftl: Never thought he'd use my mail haha. Pity he doesn't join though. For all the non-dutchies I will translate his blog:

Yesterday I promised that I would write a piece about my tip for the top 2000 every day.

Well; That didn't take a lot of effort, because there's a lot to say.

When I first announced during the top 2000 kick-off day that I went for Mika's Grace Kelly, I immediately got a lot of enthousiastic reactions from listeners. "You stole my heart" Emmy said "By putting Mika on a pedestal. You compare him to Freddy Mercury but I see more comparison with Julie Clerc when he was younger!"

Anneke Wijers mailed too. "Have you already seen the website of the fanclub?'' she asked. "www.mikafanclub.com. We already have over 7000 members, spread over the whole world and from all ages. The youngest is I believe 11 and the oldest 70. This shows what kind of public Mika attracts!"

See, I thought when I read that...that's a good sign. A new artist that has got such a various group of fans, is someone with a big mission. Ofcourse I tried to get a reaction from Mika via his recordcompany, but because he's touring right now he doesn't do PR. Pity.

Meanwhile I'm happy with all your reactions. "I wanted to thank you for playing Mika so much, because that's what he deserves," Ingrid writes. "Why don't you become a member of the fanclub? We don't bite, haha" Well, I do believe that, Ingrid, but become a member of a fanclub, that goes too far for me. Then I would be a member of hundreds of fanclubs at the moment!

Yaaah he quoted me:roftl: