• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hans Schiffers has a new Mika-column:

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/column

translation:

Mika's Tour

How awfull: I now know more about my subject then Mika's recordcompagnie! Slowly I am turning into a fan, and that was not my mission.

Yesterday I watched the DVD Live in Cartoon Motion, with a report of Mika's tour through Europe earlier this year. You can see how the (almost) tireless popstar is working his way through his tour. Each day brings him another country: Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Paris, Spain.

It's a bit Mika's problem that his music conquered the world via internet (therefor fast) and that he has to perform and promote at the same time. He is complaining about his voice which after nine months on the road has troubles of fatigue. The high notes suffer from that.

And he is driven crazy by always the same questions. Are you in favour of a Queen-revival? What's Grace Kelly about? What do you think of the comparison people make between you and Freddie Mercury? In the car to Italy he complains going to have to deal with the same old questions again.

It's quite interesting to see this. Because I am on the other side of this business. If I would have interviewed him this year I would probably have asked the same questions. Because you try to sketch a picture of an artist who is quite new to the larger public.

One thing I am not completely comfortable about. Am I, with my promotion, trying to kill a song with love? In such a manner that the song rises high above the artist? Mika sighs in horror that he is afraid people will only remember him later on by Grace Kelly. And that now he is many musical-steps ahead of that.

Well...that is a question we can't answer at this moment.

I haven't had the chance to listen to Radio 2 until today so - no, sorry, I haven't heard if Hans said anything about GK or Mika...

I must say - I'm listening to Frits Spits now and I also love the song by Meatloaf he is leading a campaign for at the moment :blush-anim-cl: . And I know Frits likes Mika too. :wink2:

I haven't had the chance to listen to Radio 2 until today so - no, sorry, I haven't heard if Hans said anything about GK or Mika...

I must say - I'm listening to Frits Spits now and I also love the song by Meatloaf he is leading a campaign for at the moment :blush-anim-cl: . And I know Frits likes Mika too. :wink2:

Yeah, I also like Meatloaf. But the song that Frits is promoting: I think it's a bit bombastic (don't know if this is english) but I never mind listening to it!

I will listen carefully to Hans Schiffers in a quarter of an hour. Curious what he is going to say today about GK/ Mika:wub2:

And I will check if he wrote a new column.

This is the e-mail I got from Hans Schiffers:

Beste Anneke,

Hartstikke leuk om van je te horen. Ik ga zeker eens kijken op de site. Begin dit jaar was ik al van plan om Grace Kelly te nomineren als DE hitvan dit jaar. Toen had ik 'Life in cartoon motion' nog niet eensgehoord. Inmiddels is dit Mika's Jaar geworden. Helaas heb ik hem in deHMH in Amsterdam moeten missen. "De kracht van Grace Kelly schuilt hem in de typisch Britsemuziektraditie dat het voor mij uitstraalt. Groot Brittannie is sowiesohet beste popland ter wereld. Niet voor niks was Brian May (Queen) ooklovend over Mika, toch? Het verhaal achter het nummer, een watgefrustreerde muzikant die van platenbazen maar steeds kreeg te horendat hij het over een andere boeg moest gooien, spreekt mij ook aan. Alsklap op de vuurpijl zat het nummer toen ik begin van dit jaar de 20kilometer van Alphen aan de Rijn liep, voortdurend in mijn hoofd. Al met al genoeg munitie om hem hoog in de Top 2000 van dit jaar zien tekrijgen" Vriendelijke groet, Hans Schiffers (47 - sinds 1983 DJ) AVRO Radio 2www.schiffers.fm

translation:

Dear Anneke,

Very nice to hear from you. I definitely will visit the site. At the beginning of this year I had already planned to nominate Grace Kelly as THE hitsong of the year. At that time I hadden't even heard Life in Cartoon Motion. Meanhwhile this has become Mika's year. Unfortunately I had to miss him at the HMH. The power of "Grace Kelly" is in the Brittish music tradition. Great Brittain is overall the best pop-country in the world. Not for nothing (english??) Brian May is very enthousiastic about Mika. The story behind the song, the bit-frustrated musician who had to change himself all the time for sake of the musiccompany is very appealing to me. On top of all this the song was stuck in my head when I had to run 20km in Alphen a/d Rijn at the beginning of this year. All and all enough reasons to make having this song a high entry in this year's Top2000.

Greeting, Hans Schiffers

And at the same moment I opened this e-mail he played Grace Kelly on the radio!!:mf_lustslow: And after the Kachingggg, Hans mentioned he already had had different reactions, under which: MINE! He didn't mention my name unfortunately (it's always nice to hear your name on the radio:blush-anim-cl: ) but he did mention the MikaFanClub! Wow, I am pleased with such a dj!:mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

:shocked: wow!! that's great news!!!:thumb_yello:

I voted for mika, and added big girl!!

the man that was on the so you wannabe a popstar show was also at his concert and on the radio he said something about mika! all good things afcourse...en that the show was amazing:thumb_yello:

Hans is playing GK on Radio 2 now. :wink2:

He says the song is playing over and over again in his head when he's in bed so actually it's good for him that this is the last week of his campaign. He is still very excited about GK. And tomorrow he will get out on the streets to promote the song. It will be filmed - keep an eye on the blog on his website. :wink2:

Hans is playing GK on Radio 2 now. :wink2:

He says the song is playing over and over again in his head when he's in bed so actually it's good for him that this is the last week of his campaign. He is still very excited about GK. And tomorrow he will get out on the streets to promote the song. It will be filmed - keep an eye on the blog on his website. :wink2:

I've just come in, missed GK but heard Hans' speach about it. He didn't make a new blog although he promissed to make a new one every day.