Dutch Top 2000, Listener's Choice: vote for Mika

AnnaMariaPetra

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recorded it! It worked! The only problem is that I can't seem to get it off my mp3 player onto my computer...

Aww that sucks...just send him a mail again telling him he was an angel:biggrin2:

Yah MFC goes Radio! Next step is tv:biggrin2:

Wooweey: I was on the radio! Hans mentioned the MFC a few times, he even gave the link. I hope we get a lot of new members.

He also gives the link in his column on his show's website.

I recorded it on my (oldfashioned, but still working!!) taperecorder.:thumb_yello:

I have to pick up my girls from school now. Read more later, bye!

Wooweey: I was on the radio! Hans mentioned the MFC a few times, he even gave the link. I hope we get a lot of new members.

He also gives the link in his column on his show's website.

I recorded it on my (oldfashioned, but still working!!) taperecorder.:thumb_yello:

I have to pick up my girls from school now. Read more later, bye!

So cool *High five*!:biggrin2:

High five back! (I sounded a lot more Brabants then I expected, I left Brabant when I was 18...)(Not that I mind sounding Brabants, though...)

Once a brabo, always a brabo!:naughty:

Gosh I'm still hyper and I was just in time:naughty:

I am still hyper too,and it is already half past eight. I taped the whole depth-interview very oldfashioned on my taperecorder, hahaha, but it worked!

I don't think I can download it here, though...:roftl:

It was a very nice experience, I hope it will gives us (the MFC) a lot of new members!

I've spotted one yet! :thumb_yello:

And I just sent my Top 10. Roughly the same as previous years - except for one song. :wink2:

Or actually two, because my 'personal tip' is new too. :biggrin2:

Again: WELL DONE AMP!!! :punk: :punk:

Dewi, hopefully you'll manage to download your recording!

There is a lot of commotion at the moment about an action from a regional newspaper in the north of the Netherlands to promote a certain song from a Groninger singer, Ede Staal. Radio2 decided to not take in the votes for him, because this larger newspaper took this promotion-action.

Hopefully they won't mind our/ my little action for Grace Kelly...:boxed:

Hmm. Heard about it in Frits Spits' program indeed. And it's the subject of the Tweespraak today.

Actually it's Hans Schiffers' campaign - so don't worry, actually it's initiated by a Radio 2 DJ himself...

BTW remember what happened in 2005 with 'Avond' (Boudewijn de Groot)?

Hmm. Actually it's Hans Schiffers' campaign - so don't worry, actually it's initiated by a Radio 2 DJ himself...

BTW remember what happened in 2005 with 'Avond' (Boudewijn de Groot)?

Yes, I thought about that too. I was really pissed then when Queen was beaten by Avond...:thumbdown:

I was reading the online-version of Dagblad van het Noorden (newspaper), and there are a lot of different reactions. Amongst them ofcourse the same one as you gave, and people who say Radio2 did good and others saying the newspaper is not to blame.

I don't think the Mika campaign is going to be banned, since it was, as Blue said, initiated by a Radio 2 DJ.

And yeah, what was the deal with 'Avond'? It just came out of nowhere (for me, at least :naughty: ). It's a gorgeous song, though.

Wiki:

In 1999 werd het nummer gekozen in de Radio 2 Top 2000, op nummer 428. Hierdoor kreeg het ook meer bekendheid bij de rest van Nederland. In de daaropvolgende jaren bleef Avond stijgen in de Top 2000: 121 (2000), 41 (2001), 25 (2002), 8 (2003), 5 (2004). In 2005 kwam het lied, na een oproep van Radio 2 diskjockeys om eens op een ander nummer dan het tot dan toe heersende Bohemian Rhapsody van Queen te stemmen, voor het eerst op nummer 1. Dit lijkt de ultieme doorbraak van het lied. Daarom werd Avond opnieuw op single uitgebracht, onder de naam De Avonden. Dit omdat er vijf verschillende versies van het lied op stonden. Maar ook dit keer kwam het lied de Top 40 niet binnen, nadat hij op nummer 4 in de tipparade bleef steken. In 2006 is Avond in de Top 2000 weer gezakt naar de tweede plaats.

Haha! Wow, that's actually kind of weird. :blink: Apparently everybody thought 'no Bohemian Rhapsody? Let's vote Boudewijn!!'...strange, I would have picked something completely different. I mean, Avond is a beautiful song but by no means the best ever. :blink:

Haha! Wow, that's actually kind of weird. :blink: Apparently everybody thought 'no Bohemian Rhapsody? Let's vote Boudewijn!!'...strange, I would have picked something completely different. I mean, Avond is a beautiful song but by no means the best ever. :blink:

When this happened, Jack Spijkerman had in his satire tv-show a persiflage on Queen and their BR. Freddie singing: "Oh mijn jaar is verkloot, door Boudewijn de Groot." It was very good and funny. I tried to find it on Youtube, but with no luck.

There is a lot of commotion at the moment about an action from a regional newspaper in the north of the Netherlands to promote a certain song from a Groninger singer, Ede Staal. Radio2 decided to not take in the votes for him, because this larger newspaper took this promotion-action.

Hopefully they won't mind our/ my little action for Grace Kelly...:boxed:

Just seen on Teletekst: "Radio2 juicht kleine, goedbedoelde acties van fanclubs toe." (Gelukkig.:thumb_yello: )

Hans Schiffers made a new column about Mika:

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/column

translation

A Great Pretender

A Comparison between Freddie Mercury and Mika is made easily. The most striking piece in Grace Kelly is when Mika sings: "So I try a little Freddie.", where he imitates him very good. Just like the Queen frontman, Mika likes to dress-up. At his gig in Amsterdam at november 11 he wore very tight white jeans and a white shirt with a silver cross. And in the final act he was dressed as a crocodile.

If you wanna see him at work, the best you can do is surf to Youtube. The video for Grace Kelly is irresistable. Big old ladies with cakes enter the room and there is a big bachanal. The video is made by Sophie Muller, who in the past won prizes for her work for the clips Don't Speak by No Doubt and Why by Annie Lennox. On the piano is her daughter Holly. She steals the show with her Grace Kelly-quotes: "The last time we talked Mr. Smith, you reduced me to tears." (which movie is that from?) and "Getting angry doesn't solve anything." (from Rear Window.)

I begin to understand better and better how Mika does what he does: he has a lot of patience to make exactely the music he wants to make and now he is doing that bit by bit.

Hans

I sent Hans an email with this Youtube-link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E8eapkSx54&feature=related

Mika tells (the last question) about the womanvoice in Grace Kelly. He also explains it is NOT from a movie.