If Mika were to do a Christmas album...

lollipop_monkey

Mika Christmas Album?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Mika Christmas Album?

• Yes, hearing Mika do Christmas songs would be great!
    • Nah, he should do one or two songs, maybe, but not a whole CD
    • He should write original holiday material and record it
    • Naw, Christmas albums are for tacky popstars
    • I really don't care, and/or don't celebrate Christmas

What do you think of the idea of Mika doing a Christmas album? I noticed the malls are already playing Christmas music, and I couldn't help but think it would be nice to hear Mika lend his voice to some festive songs. Yeah, Santa Claus comes in just 37 sleeps or so, so clearly the idea isn't even on his radar. But a girl can dream, no?

:newyear:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of the idea of Mika doing a Christmas album? I noticed the malls are already playing Christmas music, and I couldn't help but think it would be nice to hear Mika lend his voice to some festive songs. Yeah, Santa Claus comes in just 37 sleeps or so, so clearly the idea isn't even on his radar. But a girl can dream, no?

:newyear:

Then I'd buy it! Can u imagine? "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer" or "Frosty the Snowman"? :roftl:

Or maybe something more classical and operatic like "Ave Marie" or "O Holy Night"

Or a cover of Boney M.'s "MAry's Boy Child" - now, that would be cool!:punk:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7BVtzu59feY

Or maybe something more classical and operatic like "Ave Marie" or "O Holy Night"

Mika doing "O Holy Night" would be mindblowing. His voice would be so perfect.

Or a cover of Boney M.'s "MAry's Boy Child" - now, that would be cool!:punk:

ROFL that would be hillarious. The original is awesome!

Btw, Suzy, you're up rather late?

[/font][/size]

Mika doing "O Holy Night" would be mindblowing. His voice would be so perfect.

ROFL that would be hillarious. The original is awesome!

Btw, Suzy, you're up rather late?

The opposite! I'm up rather EARLY! (went to bed at 9pm and woke at 3am - now if I just keep that going for another 12 days , then I won't be jet-lagged) :naughty:

Yeah - I voted "one or two songs" - a whole album might be tacky/cheesy like Ingiev mentioned. But the Boney M. cover with "O holy night" would be pretty funny together on one cd.

i say id be good for him to do a few, but his fans are a wide veriety and i think it would be badto make a whole cd based on one winter holiday

i agree that i would die to hear him sing Ave Marie, its such a beautiful song and i think he could do it well.

I'd only like it if it was Josh Groban level stuff like O Holy Night, Ave Maria, etc. Nothing cheesy or childlike. In other words I don't want to hear Christmas in Cartoon Motion but something more fitting with his opera background.

I don't see Mika entertaining doing an album like that at this point in his career, but maybe one or two songs recorded at a concert would be nice. What I wouldn't give to see him perform at the Royal Albert. :wub2:

i'd be ok to hear one song on tv or something, but not an album...

there is soooooooo many of them out there and in the end,

it's always the same songs that are sang by artists...

it is like the movie "groundhog day" same thing over and over and over

:naughty:

I'd only like it if it was Josh Groban level stuff like O Holy Night, Ave Maria, etc. Nothing cheesy or childlike. In other words I don't want to hear Christmas in Cartoon Motion but something more fitting with his opera background.

I don't see Mika entertaining doing an album like that at this point in his career, but maybe one or two songs recorded at a concert would be nice. What I wouldn't give to see him perform at the Royal Albert. :wub2:

I've danced on that stage twice :bleh:

Mika singing Christmas songs? That would be so cool!:biggrin2:

I can imagine Mika singing the song Last Christmas by George Michael! It is such a nice song and Mika's voice would sound amazing! :cheerful_h4h:

Here is the link to the song!(there are the lyrics too!)

Have you heard the Darren Hayes (of Savage Garden) verison?

I can imagine Mika singing the song Last Christmas by George Michael! It is such a nice song and Mika's voice would sound amazing! :cheerful_h4h:

Here is the link to the song!(there are the lyrics too!)

How strange. I was just watching that video yesterday. Their voices are very similar. I was surprised when someone mentioned Wham! to Mika and he acted absolutely horrified like it was an insult. GM has a fantastic voice.

I've danced on that stage twice :bleh:

Way to go! :thumb_yello:

It wasn't the Millennium Proms was it? I was there too. :naughty: