Blue Sky

Yeah we have been on one or two little jaunts in the middle of the night in search of food haven't we? :naughty:

To get back on topic, remember we ordered take aways in Glasgow haha.

No...........I was in bed with Carri:naughty:

OMG...I've been thinking about this day all day long and wishing I was there again. It's so funny...I log on and this is the first thing I see.

I just remember being so nervous and excited and everything else. :naughty:

It's funny to think that he's my my neighborhood right now. Or is he back there? I have no clue. LOL

Hi Charlie:wub2: So pleased you are here............it was brilliant wasn't it:mf_lustslow:

It was a great night the night before.

And how the heck did Mika know we'd been up 'til 4am clubbing?

Never did figure that out!

Oh Rose.....................Andy filmed people telling him all about it before the gig and he went straight back and showed it to Mika...........I do hope you haven't spent a year wondering:naughty:

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMPITY BUMP!!!

Tonight is the 1 yr anniversary of the Glasgow show.

The night where so many nationalities joined together for the first time, in appalling weather. But nobody cared!

The sign on the front of the venue said "MIKA SOLD OOT" which set the fun tone for the night.

We were singing Mika songs in the pouring rain, everyone in tartan, FD in his legendary Braveheart outfit!

Andy came out in a lull in the rain and filmed us.

The gig was outstanding, the band wearing Scottish football tops, Martin wearing his so proudly, to celebrate Scotland playing down the road.

Mika was fanastic, despite being plagued by a dodgy throat during the European leg, he was so excited to be there.

After, we had a meet up with the big guy, where Wendi gave him the Make MFC Official petition, which he graciously excepted.

Then we all made our way back to the hotel and hung out to wind down and talk about the amazing night.

I met lots of terrific people that night, and I'll never forget it.

Didn't Andy go back inside as soon as it started raining really hard?:roftl:

Glasgow was fun. And we shared the front left side, I remember having Deb to my right and Rose to my left. And the American gals right behind.

Good times!!

OMG...I've been thinking about this day all day long and wishing I was there again. It's so funny...I log on and this is the first thing I see.

It's funny to think that he's my my neighborhood right now. Or is he back there? I have no clue. LOL

I think he's in your neck of the woods right now hun ;-)

It was great to meet you that weekend, as well as Debs and Tooch.

Didn't Andy go back inside as soon as it started raining really hard?:roftl:

Glasgow was fun. And we shared the front left side, I remember having Deb to my right and Rose to my left. And the American gals right behind.

Good times!!

How come I don't remember seeing you?:shocked: Which hotel were you at?

I remember your picture moment :naughty::naughty:

How come I don't remember seeing you?:shocked: Which hotel were you at?

I was still a bit shy at the time and only chatted to a few people, you guys kinda intimidated me :bleh::naughty:.

By the time I booked we could only find one that was slightly further out, one of these Travelodge thingies. I can't remember the detail, but I missed the fri night cause we found really bad traffic driving up from London and only got to Glasgow around 1 am or so.....It was a bit of a shame.

Babs; that was you me and Jems who had the takeaway in our room.

Kath; yes, for a whole year I have been wondering how he knew. See I'm not that bright, ha ha!

Sara, I'd forgotten I was stood with you that night. Good though wasn't it?

It was so Brilliant! That was definitely the highlight of my year and this year. Thank God for that weekend. :thumb_yello: I remember meeting you for the first time at the restaurant while waiting on the rest of the clan to show.

Hi Charlie:wub2: So pleased you are here............it was brilliant wasn't it:mf_lustslow:

Yes, he is and when I was younger, I used to walk by that recording studio all the time wondering who was recording. Good thing I'm not younger now...........I think Mika would be tired of seeing my face showing up there. LOL! It was great meeting you too. Oh, BTW- I got the cutest pinguin shirt this weekend. :wub2:

I think he's in your neck of the woods right now hun ;-)

It was great to meet you that weekend, as well as Debs and Tooch.

Gee, I have no idea why you would ever remember that moment. LOL!!! Have I said, "Thanks?" :naughty:

I remember your picture moment :naughty::naughty:

*waves*

Not sure if he's back on your side of the pond!

I was still a bit shy at the time and only chatted to a few people, you guys kinda intimidated me :bleh::naughty:.

By the time I booked we could only find one that was slightly further out, one of these Travelodge thingies. I can't remember the detail, but I missed the fri night cause we found really bad traffic driving up from London and only got to Glasgow around 1 am or so.....It was a bit of a shame.

Shy? Intimidated? Sara? What? :boxed:

And you drove?

Blimey!

I was still a bit shy at the time and only chatted to a few people, you guys kinda intimidated me .

I DO hope you are joking about us being intimidating:shocked: Mind you....from what I heard you shout in Paris you soon got over your shyness! Sorry you missed the friday night.

Babs; that was you me and Jems who had the takeaway in our room.

Kath; yes, for a whole year I have been wondering how he knew. See I'm not that bright, ha ha!

Sara, I'd forgotten I was stood with you that night. Good though wasn't it?

Seriously Rose............I do wonder about you sometimes! I love you though:wub2:

It was so Brilliant! That was definitely the highlight of my year and this year. Thank God for that weekend. :thumb_yello: I remember meeting you for the first time at the restaurant while waiting on the rest of the clan to show.

Yes, he is and when I was younger, I used to walk by that recording studio all the time wondering who was recording. Good thing I'm not younger now...........I think Mika would be tired of seeing my face showing up there. LOL! It was great meeting you too. Oh, BTW- I got the cutest pinguin shirt this weekend. :wub2:

Gee, I have no idea why you would ever remember that moment. LOL!!! Have I said, "Thanks?" :naughty:

Yes.............the meet up on Friday lunchtime.....a great memory....about 12 people, most of whom had never met all meeting:wub2:

My friend got me the cutest cuddly penguin in the States the other week, it's adorable.

Edited by RAK1

Gee, I have no idea why you would ever remember that moment. LOL!!! Have I said, "Thanks?"

I have no idea either :bleh::roftl:. And yes, you said thanks plenty of times!! No need, really!

Shy? Intimidated? Sara? What? :boxed:

And you drove?

Blimey!

I DO hope you are joking about us being intimidating:shocked: Mind you....from what I heard you shout in Paris you soon got over your shyness! Sorry you missed the friday night.

I knew that someone would have something to say about that :roftl:. I swear that it took me a while to open up to the whole large group thing. Same happened at the ICA and Somerset House, I spoke to nobody at ICA and just Sarahlou at SH.

After a while though, there was no stopping me :naughty:

I have no idea either :bleh::roftl:. And yes, you said thanks plenty of times!! No need, really!

I knew that someone would have something to say about that :roftl:. I swear that it took me a while to open up to the whole large group thing. Same happened at the ICA and Somerset House, I spoke to nobody at ICA and just Sarahlou at SH.

After a while though, there was no stopping me :naughty:

So I see:naughty:

I know what you mean.............it all seems second nature to me now.....I find it quite hard to remember what it was like before I met you all........i guess probably the strangest one for me was flying to Italy.......being picked up by mirtilla whom I had never met...........staying at her house...........then her putting me on a train to meet up with Robi, freddie and Mika Mad..........none of whom I had met either:naughty::shocked:

So I see:naughty:

I know what you mean.............it all seems second nature to me now.....I find it quite hard to remember what it was like before I met you all........i guess probably the strangest one for me was flying to Italy.......being picked up by mirtilla whom I had never met...........staying at her house...........then her putting me on a train to meet up with Robi, freddie and Mika Mad..........none of whom I had met either:naughty::shocked:

Hahahah!! Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

This is how Dusseldorf on 031107 was for me: I just decided to go on the spur of the moment, having only met one of the girls once I think (Queenie).

Then ended up there with a bunch of people I had never met, all sharing that hostel room for like 30 ppl :roftl::roftl:

Great times he :wub2:

Hahahah!! Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

This is how Dusseldorf on 031108 was for me: I just decided to go on the spur of the moment, having only met one of the girls once I think (Queenie).

Then ended up there with a bunch of people I had never met, all sharing that hostel room for like 30 ppl :roftl::roftl:

Great times he :wub2:

I think that is what is so great about it. I have always been the sort of person that will just do something if I want to do it....and travelling abroad alone certainly doesn't phase me. The last one I went to, Nimes........I flew down alone...had a hotel alone.............was probably the only dork who didn't speak French.....but had a brilliant time:thumb_yello:

Anyway...we will be in trouble (again) as we are OT:naughty:

I think that is what is so great about it. I have always been the sort of person that will just do something if I want to do it....and travelling abroad alone certainly doesn't phase me. The last one I went to, Nimes........I flew down alone...had a hotel alone.............was probably the only dork who didn't speak French.....but had a brilliant time:thumb_yello:

Anyway...we will be in trouble (again) as we are OT:naughty:

:boxed:OT?

BUMPITY BUMP!!!

The night where so many nationalities joined together for the first time, in appalling weather. But nobody cared!

The sign on the front of the venue said "MIKA SOLD OOT" which set the fun tone for the night.

It was amazing, Rose! What a happy happy memory this date is! :biggrin2:

Where's the vid of Wendo handing the petition over?

Oh and remember how loads of us went for breakfast in the cafe next door the following morning!

What a weekend!

*sigh* Good times!

OK, video of Wendy handing over the petition:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Glasgow_07/Robertina/?action=view&current=MOV00331.flv'>http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Glasgow_07/Robertina/?action=view&current=MOV00331.flv

Kath and Carri in bed:

134copy.jpg

Happy Penguin:

20copy.jpg

Andy's signature on the flag, the liar!

140copy.jpg

The rest of the Glasgow Photobucket album:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Glasgow_07/

And my one-minute movie of everyone hanging out before the gig:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=22435939

The rest of the Glasgow Photobucket album:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Glasgow_07/

And my one-minute movie of everyone hanging out before the gig:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=22435939

Nice pictures!:wub2:

When I hear you talk so fast in the movie I'm a little worried how I am going to understand you all when we meet in London!:thumb_yello::wink2:

How many penguins do you have Rose?

That'll be 2 cuddly penguins, one penguin suit, 2 videos about penguins, 1 penguin bag, 1 penguin cap and a small wooden penguin ornament with flippers that go up and down.

Not much really, ha ha!

BUMPITY BUMP!!!

We were singing Mika songs in the pouring rain, everyone in tartan, FD in his legendary Braveheart outfit!

Andy came out in a lull in the rain and filmed us.

The gig was outstanding, the band wearing Scottish football tops, Martin wearing his so proudly, to celebrate Scotland playing down the road.

Mika was fanastic, despite being plagued by a dodgy throat during the European leg, he was so excited to be there.

After, we had a meet up with the big guy, where Wendi gave him the Make MFC Official petition, which he graciously excepted.

Then we all made our way back to the hotel and hung out to wind down and talk about the amazing night.

I met lots of terrific people that night, and I'll never forget it.

I was fairly new to the forum then, but I remember reading avidly about this gig. We were anticipating Mika coming to Aus in the March at that stage and it just added to the excitement of what you were all reporting... Thanks for bumping this and everyone posting their reminiscences.

Thanks for bumping this....i tried to post a reply to rose's post but my PC froze and then i had to leave for RL things...so i couldn't post yesterday!

we oldlings had prepared that meet up for months, growing in number day by day...that was mad! and really exciting...i met a lot of you for the first time, i still have the vision of bab picking me and mirtilla at glasgow railway station with abby...thanks bab!:thumb_yello:

and then all our chatting, before and after the gig...warming, moving, i felt totally at ease.

and debbie.........:wub2:

and mika...dare i much saying he was just the cherry on top?:naughty: