The Wedding Planner

BonjourMika1990

With some talk about weddings, I got inspired. My sister is engaged, and my other one is waiting to be asked lol so I'm here alone wondering what's gonna happen when it's my turn.

SO THIS IS A FUN THREAD! PLAN YOUR WEDDING

I know those of you who are not married yet have dreamed of your wedding day:mf_lustslow: Tell us about it!

I'll go first:

The dress, to me is the most important thing. I know it sounds selfish, but I live for fashion and that's just what I love... Something similar to either of these would be ideal

They're vera wang

b3139514.jpg

vera-wang-bridal-gown-3.jpg

Oh and the location: Ever since I was a little girl, and you all can tell by my sig. and everything... I've always been in love with Paris! So, I want to be married at night under the parisian stars and a lit up eifel tower

eifel_tower.jpg

I love roses, so buckets and buckets everywhere...lovely pale pink. The reception will be something out of Roman Holiday, fit for a prince and princess

THE SONG we dance to will be : "Someday" by Dean Martin

The Honeymoon will be a month long voyage across Europe...just me and him

AND THE RING will be an antique style HUGE canary diamond or a very pale lilac colored one...something very unique for sure

Oh and I've even got the groom picked out... I think you guys know him, apparantly he's got over a million prospective wives besides myself:roftl:

l_a4a29e0e0ae27c638f16d49c049a87-2.jpg

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this idea.

For the dress, I like more of off-white colors instead of solid white. I think these are gorgeous:

toebrides_clip_image002.jpg

disneygown.jpg

070419_disneyDress_vmed.widec.jpg

Ever since I saw The Sound of Music, I've always wanted to get married in a fancy Roman Catholic church, because they are beautiful. Of course, I'd have to marry a Catholic man and would convert before, but this is a fantasy wedding so details don't matter. :lmfao: As for location, definitely somewhere in Europe. I'd love to marry in London, just to say that I did, and then honeymoon in Italy. I want to write my own vows for the ceremony. :thumb_yello:

I love this idea.

Ever since I saw The Sound of Music, I've always wanted to get married in a fancy Roman Catholic church, because they are beautiful. Of course, I'd have to marry a Catholic man and would convert before, but this is a fantasy wedding so details don't matter. :lmfao: As for location, definitely somewhere in Europe. I'd love to marry in London, just to say that I did, and then honeymoon in Italy. I want to write my own vows for the ceremony. :thumb_yello:

aww I like yours!... I forgot all about my honeymoon I think we'd travel around europe... it would be like a month long voyage

Vera Wang, Melanie? Wedding in Paris? Might want to wait until the Mikster sells a few more albums, lol. :thumb_yello:

Q: If you DID marry Mika, would you want him to sing at your wedding?

I'm going to go on and on about my wedding, just gimme a few minutes to round up the appropriate pics. :biggrin2:

Vera Wang, Melanie? Wedding in Paris? Might want to wait until the Mikster sells a few more albums, lol. :thumb_yello:

Q: If you DID marry Mika, would you want him to sing at your wedding?

I'm going to go on and on about my wedding, just gimme a few minutes to round up the appropriate pics. :biggrin2:

ooo cant wait! and by that time, I'll be on the big screen or doing something important for vogue or elle:blush-anim-cl: That's the dream.

i figure it's one night and you know... I would love for mika to sing at the wedding... I don't know, I'd probably ask him to write me a song :roftl:

Place: Somewhere in my homestate. I won't want to have to fly somewhere far to get married, especially since I want my family there! I also want to get married in a church. I am very traditional (heck, I'll be a virgin when I get married! LOL) so having it in a church is very important to me.

The dress - I want it to be fairytale like. A very slimming top and then a huge flowing dress. I can't be bothered to go get a picture at the moment. :blush-anim-cl:

The music: There is a particular song that I want to walk down to and it's be Bach. I can't remember the title right now! No Wedding March for me, fanks. :) I also want to play these songs sometime during the wedding:

I Was Born To Love You and an instrumental of Love of My Life by Queen One Hand, One Heart or Somewhere from the soundtrack West Side Story

I also want dancing at my wedding. I am thinking about taking pictures before the wedding, too, so my guests won't have to wait during the reception. :) I also think spending more money on the honeymoon is better. Honeymooning in Italy or Hawaii would be fantastic.

Oh, and as for the groom. I am hoping it will be my boyfriend of three years!

Place: Somewhere in my homestate. I want it to have to fly somewhere far to get married, especially since I want my family there! I also want to get married in a church. I am very traditional (heck, I'll be a virgin when I get married! LOL) so having it in a church is very important to me.

The dress - I want it to be fairytale like. A very slimming top and then a huge flowing dress. I can't be bothered to go get a picture at the moment. :blush-anim-cl:

The music: There is a particular song that I want to walk down to and it's be Bach. I can't remember the title right now! No Wedding March for me, fanks. :) I also want to play these songs sometime during the wedding:

I Was Born To Love You and an instrumental of Love of My Life by Queen One Hand, One Heart or Somewhere from the soundtrack West Side Story

I also want dancing at my wedding. I am thinking about taking pictures before the wedding, too, so my guests won't have to wait during the reception. :)

Oh, and as for the groom. I am hoping it will be my boyfriend of three years!

:wub2: That one queen song you mentioned is one of my favs!

Oh and I forgot about the walking down the isle...no march for me either...

I like Bach's stuff...like jesu joy of man's desiring...*sigh

I have a feeling your groom will be your boyfriend:blush-anim-cl:

I'm having my wedding on August 24, 2008, in San Diego. Family and friends will gather in the days before for sunshine, beaches, margaritas and Disneyland. The ceremony is on the bow of this yacht, and the reception/dinner inside, while sailing around San Diego Bay as the sun sets:

quietheart_DXO.jpg

quietheart_4132-03.jpg

Haven't got my dress yet, but since it's a casual-ish wedding, will probably look something like this:

eb16cfc0-0ac2-4ef2-b05f-8818987e96d3.enlargedNormal.jpg

Bridesmaid dresses will be something like this:

1beccbad-0300-4fc2-ae41-9a8a51c47e00.enlargedNormal.jpg

Flowers, something like this:

865104_2

And the best part - my wonderful, loving, understanding fiance:

10L_23_mika_23_243x340.jpg

Whoops - wrong fiance! *wink*

Actually, this is my wonderful man, who I'll have in tow at a future Mika gig. I couldn't ask for more: he cooks, my mom loves him, and he stole my first copy of LICM for use in his car:

Roo.jpg

I'm having my wedding on August 24, 2008, in San Diego. Family and friends will gather in the days before for sunshine, beaches, margaritas and Disneyland. The ceremony is on the bow of this yacht, and the reception/dinner inside, while sailing around San Diego Bay as the sun sets:

quietheart_DXO.jpg

quietheart_4132-03.jpg

Haven't got my dress yet, but since it's a casual-ish wedding, will probably look something like this:

eb16cfc0-0ac2-4ef2-b05f-8818987e96d3.enlargedNormal.jpg

Bridesmaid dresses will be something like this:

1beccbad-0300-4fc2-ae41-9a8a51c47e00.enlargedNormal.jpg

Flowers, something like this:

865104_2

And the best part - my wonderful, loving, understanding fiance:

10L_23_mika_23_243x340.jpg

Whoops - wrong fiance! *wink*

Actually, this is my wonderful man, who I'll have in tow at a future Mika gig. I couldn't ask for more: he cooks, my mom loves him, and he stole my first copy of LICM for use in his car:

Roo.jpg

I love this! It's very much like how I pictured your wedding to be... very classic and with a relaxed vibe... I'm excited for you!

Sitting here thinking, I've decided that I really don't want a traditional wedding. I'm into romance and prettiness all of that, but I kind of want my wedding to be spontaneous (not the wedding itself, but the ceremony) and entertaining. I honestly cannot imagine myself keeping a straight face while doing vows. I am the type of person who laughs CONSTANTLY, and I know that I will not be able to stand there with my husband and not giggle.

I want Beatles songs played throughout, instrumentals perhaps, and I want my colors to be black, white and red. Bridesmaids in black, strapless dresses, groom in a black tux with a red tie (:naughty:), red rose petals for the flower girl to toss. Lots of pretty white candles and white flowers.

I want karaoke at the reception and a DJ like at my brother's wedding (we were all dancing to Brick House by the Commodores...so fun). I want my cake to be gorgeous and it has to be white cake with pale pink frosting (my brother had pineapple cake and I almost vomited).

Elaborating on my honeymoon, I definitely would like to do Venice. I was there for a while a few years ago and fell in love. I want to stay in a fancy hotel and all of that :wub2::das:, and sightsee. I also would like to go to Florence and see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I don't know why. :lmfao: I didn't get to see it when I was there, and I wanted to. :D

lol, i have no idea what i want, and i have been to sooo many weddings too (i play violin at them) well i suppose i sorta know, but it depends on what he wants as well;

I don't want a pure white dress (i know it is symbolising your purity, but meh!)

I'd like roses too, not white, but i dont know what colour. Maybe they will have genetically modified some blue ones by then, lol.

As for the music, NOT pachabel's cannon or wedding march, I really dont like them and they are soo cheezy. While everyone is waiting for the wedding to start i would like a small jazz ensemble, unusual i know, but a harp/strings is so cliche. I don't know what I would want playing as I walk down, but I figure i have years to figure that out. I'd like brandenburg concerto either 2 or 3 to be played during the signing, lol I dont see a jazz ensemble doing that though.

As for where it would be I don't know. I am not too fond of garden weddings, but inside ones feel claustrophobic.

:das: I like your groom bonjourmika!

Sitting here thinking, I've decided that I really don't want a traditional wedding. I'm into romance and prettiness all of that, but I kind of want my wedding to be spontaneous (not the wedding itself, but the ceremony) and entertaining. I honestly cannot imagine myself keeping a straight face while doing vows. I am the type of person who laughs CONSTANTLY, and I know that I will not be able to stand there with my husband and not giggle.

I want Beatles songs played throughout, instrumentals perhaps, and I want my colors to be black, white and red. Bridesmaids in black, strapless dresses, groom in a black tux with a red tie (:naughty:), red rose petals for the flower girl to toss. Lots of pretty white candles and white flowers.

I want karaoke at the reception and a DJ like at my brother's wedding (we were all dancing to Brick House by the Commodores...so fun). I want my cake to be gorgeous and it has to be white cake with pale pink frosting (my brother had pineapple cake and I almost vomited).

Elaborating on my honeymoon, I definitely would like to do Venice. I was there for a while a few years ago and fell in love. I want to stay in a fancy hotel and all of that :wub2::das:, and sightsee. I also would like to go to Florence and see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I don't know why. :lmfao: I didn't get to see it when I was there, and I wanted to. :D

I know,i love non traditional...knowing me, i'd laugh and cry during my vows:wub2:

lol, i have no idea what i want, and i have been to sooo many weddings too (i play violin at them) well i suppose i sorta know, but it depends on what he wants as well;

I don't want a pure white dress (i know it is symbolising your purity, but meh!)

I'd like roses too, not white, but i dont know what colour. Maybe they will have genetically modified some blue ones by then, lol.

As for the music, NOT pachabel's cannon or wedding march, I really dont like them and they are soo cheezy. While everyone is waiting for the wedding to start i would like a small jazz ensemble, unusual i know, but a harp/strings is so cliche. I don't know what I would want playing as I walk down, but I figure i have years to figure that out. I'd like brandenburg concerto either 2 or 3 to be played during the signing, lol I dont see a jazz ensemble doing that though.

As for where it would be I don't know. I am not too fond of garden weddings, but inside ones feel claustrophobic.

:das:I like your groom bonjourmika![/QUOTE]

thanks lol...isn't he handsome in a suit?:wub2:

I love this! It's very much like how I pictured your wedding to be... very classic and with a relaxed vibe... I'm excited for you!

I was going to do the big old hometown soiree, but after getting in a screaming match with my mother about it last spring, I said to heck with it, I'm doing this my way. She has this notion that my wedding should cost roughly the same as hers did back in 1971. We thought about having it back home, but the idea of inviting 200+ people (I have a big family!) and paying ridiculous amounts of money for five hours in a community hall didn't appeal to me. My cousin actually got married in '05 at an agriplex - reception on second floor, pigs, horses and hay on first floor. Shared ventilation. Now, I'm not a snob by any stretch, but the scent of manure isn't great for ambience. :roftl:

My fiance's family are spread throught places like London, Miami, and New Zealand - so if they come, it's travel for them either way.

We're going to honeymoon near San Diego, I'm thinking Laguna Beach:

justimages.jpg

Then, in 2009 we're going to try to go to Europe. But where? London, Paris, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Monaco, Ibiza, Venice - the choices are really endless. :mf_lustslow:

I was going to do the big old hometown soiree, but after getting in a screaming match with my mother about it last spring, I said to heck with it, I'm doing this my way. She has this notion that my wedding should cost roughly the same as hers did back in 1971. We thought about having it back home, but the idea of inviting 200+ people (I have a big family!) and paying ridiculous amounts of money for five hours in a community hall didn't appeal to me. My cousin actually got married in '05 at an agriplex - reception on second floor, pigs, horses and hay on first floor. Shared ventilation. Now, I'm not a snob by any stretch, but the scent of manure isn't great for ambience. :roftl:

My fiance's family are spread throught places like London, Miami, and New Zealand - so if they come, it's travel for them either way.

We're going to honeymoon near San Diego, I'm thinking Laguna Beach:

justimages.jpg

Then, in 2009 we're going to try to go to Europe. But where? London, Paris, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Monaco, Ibiza, Venice - the choices are really endless. :mf_lustslow:

You should do it your way, it's only one day in your life ya know? and you know my pick for 09' is Paris:wub2:

Dress - Well I'm very much a fan of Oleg Cassini gowns. They're always so classy looking. I'm so sick of strapless dresses, though. They all look so identical. It's like there's nothing special about them. I like corset bodices, and then flowy short sleeves. I really like this sketch, too. And I'd want it PURE white.

WeddingGown.jpg

Location - A gorgeous, old, Catholic cathedral. You know the kind where they're actually sort of spooky to walk into? Yes. My priest would do it, just because he's amazing.

Music - There's a couple songs I really love, but I'm not sure what my "song" would be. Maybe "La Même Histoire" by Feist. I want 'Ave Maria' when I'm going down the aisle, though.

As far as other stuff goes... I want a winter wedding. Maybe February. And I want the colors to be light blue and white. I mean the color of the flowers, decorations, brides maid dresses, etc.

And I want it to be very vintage. I want the girls to wear dresses from the 50's.

Edit: Bridesmaid dresses. Pretend they're pale blue, like a lighter shade of the color in my signature, and they'll have white or black felt polkadots. It's hard to explain, but I saw the ideal dresses at a shop in town.

v4846.jpg

Good Night everyone, it's 12 AM and

I HAVE A WEDDING IN THE AFTERNOON TO ATTEND lol

But I shall dream of my wedding tonight...it's so much fun talking all this girl talk with you

it's always like this with my threads...just like my " I have severe cramps" thread... you girls are the greatest:bleh: